PA PA - Michelle Jolene Lakey, 11, Scranton, 26 Aug 1986

Lois Feringa hasn't had a happy birthday since her little sister, Jolene Lakey, disappeared Aug. 26, 1986.

That day, 27 years ago, was the day after Ms. Feringa's 15th birthday. A cloud has hung over the occasion ever since.

But family and friends who got together for their annual remembrance of Jolene on Sunday, tried to make the event less somber. Along with mourning her loss, family and friends remembered the 11-year-old girl who was full of joy and potential before she vanished after visiting her mother in the hospital.

"Today we're celebrating a very interesting and wonderful life," said Ms. Feringa.

Loved ones normally retrace Jolene's intended route from Regional Hospital of Scranton, which was Mercy Hospital at the time, to the family's old home at 1372 N. Washington Ave. during the annual walk. They hope to draw attention to Jolene, jog people's memories and encourage anyone who knows anything to come forward.

More....... http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/lo...rs-after-an-11-year-old-disappeared-1.1541922

http://www.pahomepage.com/story/d/s...athon-for-missin/19824/qxf9MtfQNE6ZLZRX_WWoIw

Runners from all across the country are starting to arrive in Lackawanna County. More than 2,000 people are expected to take part in Sunday's annual Steamtown Marathon... The 26.2-mile trek begins at Forest City High School and weaves its way to downtown Scranton...

One familiar face in the crowd will be Lackawanna County Commissioner Patrick O'Malley, who has run every one of the 19th marathons.

This year, O'Malley will wear a special T-shirt. He is running to raise awareness for missing children, especially Jolene Lakey, who went missing in Scranton in August 1986.

Cold Case Spotlight

Tracing the Last Known Steps of Jolene Lakey

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/tracing-last-known-steps-jolene-lakey-n463871

Jolene Lakey will be eternally 11 years old in the eyes of many. That's how old the young girl from Scranton, Pennsylvania was when she disappeared.

"Every moment of every day, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her," Ms. Dunham, Jolene's mother, told the Times Tribune in 2011, the 25th anniversary of her daughter's disappearance.

Several years passed before police named a person of interested in Jolene's case; Frank Osellanie, a former Scranton auto mechanic. Osllanie had been convicted in 1990 of kidnapping, raping, and murdering another young local girl, Renee Waddle, and is currently serving a life sentence in that case.

Scranton police have stated numerous times that Jolene's case remains open, but have said they cannot release much information as it may jeopardize the investigation.

Michelle Jolene Lakey, W/F/11, Lackawanna County - 26 Aug 1986

August 2016:

http://www.pahomepage.com/news/30-years-of-waiting-and-suffering-for-family-of-missing-scranton-girl

Michelle Jolene Lakey
Missing since August 26, 1986 from Scranton, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: October 21, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 11 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 80 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde/brown hair; brown eyes. Lakey had long fingernails at the time of her disappearance.
Clothing: Lakey was last seen wearing dark blue sweatpants; a white shirt with purple trim; and size 8 brown sandals; size 14 clothes.
Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Lakey visited her mother at Mercy Hospital in Scranton, Pennsylvania on August 26, 1986.

She was last seen returning to her residence on North Washington Avenue, accompanied by a female schoolmate. Lakey was planning on spending the night at her schoolmate’s residence on Myrtle Street.

Lakey may have entered a light yellow car approximately one block from her family's home. No further contact or information has been received to date concerning the whereabouts of Lakey.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Lakey's whereabouts, please contact:

Scranton Police Department
Corporal Chris Sensi
570-963-3156

OR
Pennsylvania State Police
Troop R
570-963-3156

OR
Criminal Investigation Division is
570-348-4139
Email: policedept@scrantonpa.gov

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Number: R01-0120878
NCMEC #: NCMC601792
NCIC Number: M-241631308

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
California Office of the Attorney General
Pennsylvania State Police
The Doe Network: Case File 314DFPA

link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/314dfpa.html

Michelle Jolene Lakey — Michelle, then 11, was last seen walking home from visiting her mother at Mercy Hospital in Scranton on Aug. 26, 1986. A classmate walked with Michelle to the Lakey home on North Washington Avenue in Scranton. Michelle planned to spend the night at the classmate's home on Myrtle Street. However, she went missing that day. There are reports she may have been seen getting into a yellow car about one block from her home. Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 570-963-3156.

$

http://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-missing-childrens-day-lehigh-valley-20170525-story.html

[FONT=&quot]I live in Scranton and was born on December 7, 1978... the night Joanne Williams was last seen. When I was 11 years old, a man who I vaguely knew (a neighbor) tried to abduct me but I luckily got away. He stalked me for 2-3 years before attempting my abduction on my way home from the bus stop. I consider myself blessed... and am very interested in seeking answers/justice for those who did not survive. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Truly I believe that Frank Osellanie abducted, raped and murdered Joanne Williams and Jolene Lakey (as well as others). He had a garage 1.5 blocks away from her apartment on E Gibson Street at the time. Frank is a sadistic killer who would rape and beat his victims to death with his hands and enjoyed the control/torture. His type of murderer profile leads me to believe he never killed or buried/hid his victims remains on his own property...but rather off his properties. He’s intelligent and asocial which suggests he thinks he’s smarter than everyone, and though he is a loner at heart, he can be very charming (easily sweet talk victims) and socialize with the best of them if it suits his needs. He is not a random killer, but a methodical planned killer who fantasizes about the kidnap/killing before he does it. He’s the type who comes prepared.

He had easy access to both Renee Waddle (the 9 year old girl he was convicted of kidnapping, raping and murdering) and Laureen Finn (who he is a “person of interest” and whose body was found at 430 Monroe Ave Scranton, about 8 blocks from his residence at the time...1316 Vine St, Scranton). [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The bodies of both victims were burned with Coleman Fuel/Paint Thinner combo.

Laureen left a party on Quincy Ave at approximately 3am and Laureen’s body was found approximately at 4:30am about 1-2 blocks from the party. Who other than Frank, “a night owl” would happen to carry Coleman Fuel on him at 4:30am. Not many murderers are capable of beating women and children to death in the horrific manner both victims were murdered. Both Lauren and Renee had massive head trauma and other broken bones. Laureen had broken ribs and a fractured collarbone in addition to severe head trauma.

Interesting note: Laureen was a college student while living in Scranton, but she was from Elizabethtown NJ area. Frank frequented a Racetrack in New Jersey where Laureen worked as a waitress in the concession stand. I believe she caught his attention there. He may have struck up conversation... found out she lived in hill section while at school and made her one of his fantasy kills. I became aware of another woman who was living in the Hill Section of Scranton and who Frank was stalking at the same time as Laureen’s murder (1987). This woman had moved out of Scranton shortly after Laureen’s murder. She recently passed away; however, before she passed away, she recalled how afraid she was of him..[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]For those who don’t understand sadistic predators, it’s important to understand that these type of twisted individuals don’t have an age preference... they will victimize anyone who they can gain control. I work at a Child abuse intervention center... many kids who are raped are not raped by pedophiles (who technically can only be classified that way if a specific child age range and gender is their only attraction), but rather by sadistic manipulative people who enjoy control over powerless people and children. Don’t get confused [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Coincidentally, no other rapes/murders/abductions that could compare to these cases have occurred in the hill section since Frank has been in prison.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Frank also traveled quite a bit around the tri-state area to car shows, racetracks, campgrounds/boating venues...and was an avid fan of diners. I believe he also killed the woman missing since 1982 who was last seen talking in the parking lot (approximately 10pm) at the diner that she worked at with her mom. The sketch of the man she was last seen talking to in the diner parking lot (after her shift ended) bares a chilling resemblance to how Frank looked in 1982. That man had eaten dinner there earlier that night.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Frank has always denied any connection or involvement with these murders/missing women and children. Frank will remain in prison for the rest of his life. A friend of mine who is a detective tried to interview him one last time this past year but he has severe dementia at this point and his health is very poor. He’s not expected to live much longer.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This year marks the 40th anniversary of Joanne being a missing person. Wishing we can get some answers for Joanne, Jolene and the other possible victims who are still missing.[/FONT][/FONT]

To help see inside a sick man’s mind and help people understand that sometimes a predator does take interest in both child and adult victims, I am going to provide more details pertaining to the man who tried to kidnap me in the 1980s for those who are interested. My neighbor who stalked me and eventually tried to kidnap me when I was about 11 years old, also stalked others...other female neighbors of various adult ages. He followed my neighbor Jane to the grocery store one night shortly before he tried to abduct me. He approached her inside the store and put his hand on her shoulder. She called the police and filed a report. This man was married and had his own children who were young adults at that time.

Because of the fear my ordeal filled me with, I don’t forget details. Most importantly, my experience with this man also directly contradicts the common thought that a person who would prey on children, would not also pray on adult females. That is a wrong assumption... and the reason why many cases go cold... the dots that could have been connected, do not get connected because investigators let their own assumptions lead them away from the trail. Take it from me: the man that tried desperately to lure me to his car wound up chasing me when I resisted. For some time prior to the day that he actually attempted to kidnap me, he would be waiting at the bus stop in his car just about every day. My brother and I took the same bus home and even though we were young, we thought it was weird he was there since he had no good reason to be waiting for a child to get off the bus (as I previously mentioned, his own children were young adults at that time).

One day my brother went directly from school to his friend’s house. I got off the bus alone that day. I’ll never forget the terrible feeling that came over me after I walked in front of his car to turn from the bus stop intersection to head down the street to my house alone... especially when I realized he had began slowly following me in his car (which he never had done that until this day). My parent’s were at work which he knew their schedules from stalking. I went to my next door neighbor’s house in shear panic and desperately wrang her door bell as he kept trying to get me to come towards his car, saying things like “come here I want to show you something”. Unfortunately my next door neighbor Ann was not home. I continued desperately wringing Ann’s doorbell thinking maybe she was napping (she was home most of the time as she was older and didn’t drive). He continued to circle around the block and park in front of her house each time he came back around the block, continuing to try to verbally coax me towards his car. I was a super friendly kid and had he not creeped me out or stalked my mom and I for years, I probably would have gone to his car because he was my neighbor.

Before the stalking had started (or before we realized he was stalking us and others), I had experienced 2 uncomfortable situations with this man. One of those prior experiences involved me at age 7 or 8 selling girlscout cookies. My mom was watching me from our yard because I pleaded and negotiated with her to let me go to our close neighbors’ homes alone if she watched me from our yard. (I was fiercely always trying not to be babied by my overprotective mother). When I got to his house, I wrang his bell and when he opened his door, he stepped back a few feet inside his living room. He was buck naked standing their with a disturbing look on his face that I’ll never forget. He was holding a hand towel or something similar over his private area and invited me to come inside. I was in shock and quickly ran back to my mother. She could not see what he had done and I was too afraid to tell her because I thought she wouldn’t let me play with my friends in the neighborhood if she knew this man was a weirdo. I should have told her immediately. Hindsight certainly is brilliant.

So though I was still young several years later when he tried to actually kidnap me, I knew from past experience that this man was bad news. As he continued watching me and calling to me from his car, I wouldn’t even look at him but I was terrified. After the last time he circled around the block, he pulled into Ann’s driveway. I heard his car door open and close and he was walking towards me on her porch. I turned around and saw him approaching and freight took over and I jumped off her porch and ran towards my other neighbor’s house who my family was also close with. I ran around their house towards the back door. He followed me. Luckily, Mrs Decker was home. The police were called... my parents came home. Again, this was the same man who also stalked and obsessed over other adult women in my neighborhood.

If you were my daughter I would of bashed this guy's head in! Did your parents confront this sicko?

My parents were highly concerned. The neighbor moved almost immediately after this incident, which is scary because that doesn’t fix the problem (him). I’m sure wherever he went, he continued to stalk women and young girls. Unfortunately the laws were lacking even more back then. All we could do was file a report because he didn’t kidnap or hurt me. No charges were legally sound at that time. Now things are a little better and there have been legislative improvements in stalking and protection, as well as other enhancements such as Amber Alerts. I shared that experience because I hope it helps people understand that you can’t rule out Frank’s possible involvement with the disappearance of Joanne Williams or the murder of Laureen Finn because they were not young girls. I have read those arguments often in comments involving Frank Osellanie and the missing or murdered women.

Families gather for National Missing Childrens Day in Lackawanna County
SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) - It was an emotional afternoon in Lackawanna county as people came together to mark National Missing Children's Day.

Justine Forsythe was brought to tears talking about her sister, Michelle Jolene Lakey who disappeared from Scranton in 1986 when she was just 11 years old.

Their mom, Lois Dunham later moved away comes back to the electric city twice a year on the anniversary of her daughter's disappearance in august and national missing children's day.

She told us it never gets easier and it's hard to stay hopeful after almost 32 years especially with no leads in the case.

Lakey, born on Oct. 21, 1974, was 11 when she went missing. At the time, Lakey was 5 feet and 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

On Aug. 26, 1986, Jolene was walking home with a friend from Mercy Hospital in Scranton.

They walked together to the friend's home on Myrtle Street in Scranton, and then Lakey continued by herself.

Witnesses said they saw a girl matching Lakey's description get into a light yellow car, about a block from her family's home on North Washington Avenue in Scranton.

Lakey was last seen wearing a white blouse with purple trim, blue sweatpants, and sandals.

michele%20lackey.JPG

Help find them: 13 cold cases of people who went missing in Pa. - lehighvalleylive.com

I believe she dropped her friend off at the friend's house on a completely different street about 5 or 6 blocks from her own and continued on the way to hers. I am from the immediate area and am familiar with that neighborhood and have driven to see where she lived on that street. It's in a very busy section of Scranton. Jolene's not much older than me so I've been very interested in her case. I wonder if her family still does a walk from Mercy Hospital back to the house every year. I also wonder if they know that the old PP&L building on the corner of Washington and Larch Streets was torn down in the last few years and they are working on the old Scranton Laceworks building, that has been abandoned for decades, to turn them into apartments, etc. Both are in fair proximity to the area she disappeared from.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back