GUILTY PA - Michelle Kalina charged in deaths of 5 newborns, Reading, 2010

Panzarottis. I call them inside outs. ;) We used to get them somewhere on Oregon Avenue. I'm not Italian, but dated plenty of them.:dance: Wawa cofee is addicting. BTW, I had Tony Luke's twice this week. Roast Pork.

I know this a serious, serious thread, but sometimes we throw something out there to take away from the devastating nature of the crime to keep our own sanity.

Agreeing with SonoViva this lady looks waaaaay out there including her and Winnie. I wouldn't get on her bad side.

Meanwhile I know the Mr. hasn't been employed due to illness. However, I'm finding in Berks County a center there where a person by that exact name is the peer counselor. Unfortunately there is a Medical Doctor by the same name as his, but this isn't a Doctor. It's in a PDF file which I don't open as they slow down my computer. I googled his name and Berks County.

He mentioned on the bipolar boards that he is a peer counselor for other people diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Seems like an alright guy, but it is possible he could play a major part in this.

how are you getting all this information on her FB page?

He mentioned on the bipolar boards that he is a peer counselor for other people diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Seems like an alright guy, but it is possible he could play a major part in this.

Or he could have been totally unaware?:waitasec: Difficult to believe, but ya never know. Otherwise one would think there'd have been another arrest.

This is the facility he peer counseled. It looks to be a significantly decent establishment and no doubt helps alot of people up in their area.

http://www.berkscc.org/about_us.php

Meanwhile it's bugging me exactly who those babies belonged to. It's bugging me I can't find mention of the death of their son. Also, it appears they are originally from Reading, but moved to Philadelphia and then moved back. It's looking like it is the husbands family that have the Philly origins as the matriarch lived here. Did they have secrets in their apartment in Philadelphia? Did this lady carry these bodies from city to city? We know from that lousey Ira Einhorn that a person can keep a corpse in their closet for years. May Holly be resting in peace.

My elderly mom weighed in on this. She thinks perhaps Kalina carried out abortions for people. I highly doubt that. Considering it is safe and legal now and my mom is thinking back to her days when many neighborhoods had their own person you went to for an abortion. We're talking the 40's and 50's though on that one.

Only time will tell I guess. I've been thinking of their poor DD. I hope she is getting the help she needs.

Filly, I hope those involved are getting help for the daughter as well.

Thanks for the kind words re: my partner. She really is amazing, but probably one in a million who ended up okay after what happened to her. Which is why I truly hope the Kalina girl gets help from friends, family, anyone.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/24632984/detail.html

Im so glad they checked and even MORE glad that they didn't find any more babies :eek:

Crews with the Berks County District Attorney's Office searched the former Muhlenberg Township home of Michele Kalina Saturday morning. Investigators said no evidence of human remains was found.

Kalina, 44, is being held in Berks County prison, after police said they found three sets of human remains in her apartment in the 700 block of Court Street in Reading.

WOW, everything you wanted to know about Michele Kalina and THEN some.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=241752

Oh no, no. I want the neighbors she had in Philly to weigh in. Then again she probably kept to herself there as well.

O.K. we now know she:

1.) Sat on her step and drank beer

2.) Sometimes she was nice and sometimes she wasn't

3.) Her son died from positional asphyxiation

4.) She was always in a rush

How ya gonna be in a rush if you're having a beer on your step?

Still I can't find an obituary for her poor deceased son.

Heck, I'm real nice most of the time, but sometimes I'm not. What's that mean?

What is positional asphyxiation?

People rush all the time when they have to work their butts off, clean house, worry about their DD, and try and care for a husband.

The really telling part of the article is the neighbor kid saying she sat on the step for hours. Not a chair even. That got me because here people sit in the steps. Stoop. Whatever ya wanna call it. Drinking beer out on the step however is unladylike.

Filly, you made me LOL!

It sounds like some of those neighbors really didn't have anything to add. Sometimes nice, sometimes not, hahahaha. Who isn't?!

Anyway, I'm curious why there is no death notice for her son, Andrew. He was 13 y.o. when he died.

Kalina's 13-year-old son, Andrew, died June 9, 2000, in that apartment as a result of positional asphyxiation, Hess said.

He said the death was ruled accidental.

Hess said Andrew Kalina suffered from cerebral palsy, a debilitating disease that rendered Andrew bed-bound.

According to the Social Security Death Index:
KALINA, ANDREW M 25 Aug 1986 09 Jun 2000 (P) 13 19602 (Reading, Berks, PA)

Maybe the family couldn't afford to pay for an obit?

This article says it was both the husband and daughter who called the police. I guess the girl was determined to clean out that closet. The dad wouldn't have called the cops if he was in on it. He would have tried to initiate her into whatever the heck they had going on. God willing, they're both getting counseling.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=241877

This article says it was both the husband and daughter who called the police. I guess the girl was determined to clean out that closet. The dad wouldn't have called the cops if he was in on it. He would have tried to initiate her into whatever the heck they had going on. God willing, they're both getting counseling.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=241877

This horrendous crime and the chaos that must have went on in that house makes me want to go sit on my step with a beer.

Still praying for this poor girl.

This horrendous crime and the chaos that must have went on in that house makes me want to go sit on my step with a beer.

Still praying for this poor girl.

Haha! I know what you mean, I have a few cigs when a new story comes out about this. I just feel so bad for the dad and daughter. The most disturbing thing for me to think is that there were three days between the 911 call and the arrest for the police to determine if the bones were human. I can't imagine being sequestered in a small apartment with my mother who knows my dad and I called the police on her, after we now know she is most likely certifiably insane. I can't even imagine what the husband is going through either.

Haha! I know what you mean, I have a few cigs when a new story comes out about this. I just feel so bad for the dad and daughter. The most disturbing thing for me to think is that there were three days between the 911 call and the arrest for the police to determine if the bones were human. I can't imagine being sequestered in a small apartment with my mother who knows my dad and I called the police on her, after we now know she is most likely certifiably insane. I can't even imagine what the husband is going through either.

What it would be like locked up with Mama? Man, I'd be sleeping with my Kalaboonga stick. Well, sleeping with one eye open.

In all seriousness the poor kid was probably paralyzed with fear. Doing that thing that removes you from the situation and takes you elsewhere in your mind.

SV, I don't have any beer. LoL I was referring to how that lady sat on the steps drinking beer. At the Phillies game oh yeah I have plenty, but not in the house.

However, I got ciggies. Virginia Slims. I love when guys on the street ask me for one and I give them a VS and they're like "WTH"?

Hoping we hear more on this soon.

However, I got ciggies. Virginia Slims. I love when guys on the street ask me for one and I give them a VS and they're like "WTH"?

Tee Hee! My SIL smokes these little tiny cigarettes. I can't for the life of me think of what they are called. Like half the circumference of a normal cigarette. I can only imagine the look she gets when someone borrows one. They are hysterical looking. I'm a good old-fashioned Marlboro Lights girl. And, yes, boy do these stories make me smoke.

ETA: It's Capri. They are too funny looking.

PLease do not link to FB's of family members.You may link to the FB of the target of the investigation
Please do not copy and paste any quotes from any FB comments. you can link to the suspect's FB and note the time of the comment, but do not copy it over here.
Thanks

Good Lord, I started hearing 4, possibly 5 infants on KYW in my car, could not wait to get home to read the links. Then a 6th given up for adoption in 2003, thank the dieties that baby lived. I wonder why that one got to live, like did someone find out she was pregnant.

One thought is after 8 pregnancies that we know of, 2 with hubby, 6 with the boyfriend had she ever considered contraception. I can't fathom making babies just to kill them. Or was that the purpose?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back