GUILTY PA - Michelle Kalina charged in deaths of 5 newborns, Reading, 2010

I am going to toss something out there totally off the wall, but hey what about this story isn't? What if she continued to get pregnant and "lose" the babies (the method to be determined) so that she can grieve the loss of her son? Each time she grieved the connection that she didn't allow herself to have too much of to ease the unresolved grief and horror that she perhaps held back. She may have put off her loss of her first son due to overworking and caring for her disabled husband..but the pain never left her? She attempted to resolve that pain by reinactments and regrieving her other children?

At first I thought maybe that she was hiding the affair, but she sucessfully gave up a child from this union (affair) for adoption without any awarness from her husband..so I don't know..Sad, senseless too bad she didn't get help sooner. The children whose life she stolen deserved so much better!..Rest In Peace babies! :rose:

500x500_19146820.jpg

Kalina initially was charged on Aug. 9 with abuse of a corpse, following the discovery of remains in a closet of the family's Court Street apartment.

Following a 2 1/2 month investigation, Kalina was charged additionally with a blanket charge of criminal homicide in the five deaths.

Adams (Berks County District Attorney) said that prosecutors will determine before trial the number of homicide counts. Homicide could include murder or manslaughter.

Kalina was arraigned Monday before District Judge Wally Scott on the homicide and related charges. She was returned to Berks County Prison without bail.

I just heard about this story on HLN's this evening and this is just unreal! I'm anxious to hear if they find that MK actually asphyxiated her 13-year-old son who had cerebral palsy back in 2000...?? Angel4u2Whisper2, I wondered the same thing but I'm also wondering, IF she did kill her 13-year-old son, perhaps she found some kind of pleasure and/or power in it (as sick as that is) - the power to give life and take it away...just a thought. Any thoughts on whether or not she'll win an insanity defense? IMO, something's obviously wrong in her head but her effort to conceal/hide the bodies shows me that she knew right from wrong!

I just heard about this story on HLN's this evening and this is just unreal! I'm anxious to hear if they find that MK actually asphyxiated her 13-year-old son who had cerebral palsy back in 2000...?? Angel4u2Whisper2, I wondered the same thing but I'm also wondering, IF she did kill her 13-year-old son, perhaps she found some kind of pleasure and/or power in it (as sick as that is) - the power to give life and take it away...just a thought. Any thoughts on whether or not she'll win an insanity defense? IMO, something's obviously wrong in her head but her effort to conceal/hide the bodies shows me that she knew right from wrong!

Thank you. I didn't know about the son being in question. ITA if that is a possiablity then I too wonder about the theory you pose! Again, IMO, ITA with what you said about hiding the bodies shows she knew it was something "wrong" and needed to be hidden from consequence or judgement.

I will sit and wait for more information and this seems so unusal and complicated...we will wait together. Nice to meet you by the way.

I think the simplest explanation is that she just couldn't be bothered with the results of her affair. Her life was rather complicated, with a disabled son who died and a disabled husband. She just avoided dealing with the pregnancies and the babies and went on with her life. She had control over access to the bodies by keeping them at home under lock and key. Dumping them somewhere would have put her at risk of discovery. Look how long she successfully hid this!

I think the simplest explanation is that she just couldn't be bothered with the results of her affair. Her life was rather complicated, with a disabled son who died and a disabled husband. She just avoided dealing with the pregnancies and the babies and went on with her life. She had control over access to the bodies by keeping them at home under lock and key. Dumping them somewhere would have put her at risk of discovery. Look how long she successfully hid this!

Not disagreeing with your theory as it is, sadly, probably pretty much what happened. I was thinking how much simpler it would have been for her and everyone else if she'd just have used some contraception. :furious:

Alleged Baby Killer Waives Hearing

Authorities are keeping Michele Kalina isolated from the general prison population
Updated 5:31 PM EDT, Wed, Nov 3, 2010

A Reading mother charged with killing at least four newborn children to cover up an extramarital affair appeared in court but waived her right to a preliminary hearing.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-Waives-Hearing-in-Baby-Deaths-106643069.html

Keeping her isolated from GP? If they didn't there's a good chance she wouldn't make it to trial.

Still wondering who her boyfriend is.

Still wondering who her boyfriend is.

This question has been driving me crazy. I too, lived in Reading, PA for over 25 years. Same neighborhood, we left in 2006. I am the exact same age as her husband, Jeffrey and know many of the people he graduated with. This story freaks me out enough and now I am sitting on pins and needles wondering if I will know the boyfriend!!!

I have spoken to several friends in that area and no one seems to know her (thank goodness, my one friend breaks into tears speaking about it). My neice said MK would occasionally come in where she works (Pizza Villa) to buy her beer. She never spoke but you could tell she wasn't quite right just looking at her. She said she looks exactly as she does in the current newspaper articles ~ crazy eyes!

My heart does go out to the daughter and husband and the unknown boyfriend/father, I hope they can survive all of this.

Upon further investigation, detectives said Kalina's daughter also unknowingly threw out one of the sets of remains.

It was later found by a cadaver dog at the Conestoga Landfill in New Morgan.

Too awful for words.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid