Identified! PA - Perry Co., Female remains, 30-40, off highay, Sep'10 - Teresa Ware

I hate to say it but, IMO, all missing females on the East Coast and Mid-West are potential matches, but why stop there? The East/West major highways in PA are I-76, I78 and I-80, North/South are I-81 and I-83 (which connects with I-95 in Baltimore).

Yes, without at least a little more information, it's going to be hard to suggest reasonable matches.

Our summer was brutally hot this year so decomp COULD have been quick (going on the fact that there is very little tissue). I'm surprised no one researched the smell if they were parked in the pull off, but then again any dead creature stinks and there are deer everywhere along the highway.

So we have...

A female
Mostly decomposed
Wrapped in bedding or carpet
Along a heavily traveled highway that connects to several Interstates
Close to a trucker pull-off area
Undetermined age
Undetermined race
Undetermined manner of death
Undetermined time of death

Wonder if they were able to retrieve any DNA from this UID to put into CODIS to see if they have any hits??? Not much to go on otherwise....Unless they have some kind of evidence they are not revealing to the public.

Watching this one closely and hoping there is closure to the Irene Silverman case NY (July,1998). Name submitted. Hope they are reviewing cases out of the local area. Her murderer and apt tenant is said to have buried her somewhere in NJ but his statements are riddled with inconsistencies. It's about a three hour drive to the location found from NY and she was wrapped in the comforter of her bed or a rug and possibly carried out of the building in a bag of some unsubstantiated description.
JL

I was checking around for more info as the silence is deafening.

I read some of the comments on another site and it looks like there should be an update issued sometime next week. This is unconfirmed as it does not come from an official source.

It seems there are bodies turning up everywhere this month.

I was checking around for more info as the silence is deafening.

I read some of the comments on another site and it looks like there should be an update issued sometime next week. This is unconfirmed as it does not come from an official source.

It seems there are bodies turning up everywhere this month.

Over on the Pittsburgh side of the state we've been seeing and hearing about a lot of UID's turning up too... What the heck!!

Today I heard some new info about this UID from Harrisburg TV CHannel 27:

State police have released new information on the skeletal remains found along Route 22/322 in Perry County earlier this month, saying the still unidentified woman was the victim of a homicide.

Police also disclosed that the remains were those of a white woman with brown hair, who was between 25-45 years of age and approximately 4'8" to 5'6" tall. Dental records are available for comparison, investigators said.

The remains were found by a surveyor September 9, in a wooded area next to a pull-off area about 2.5 miles east of the Newport Exit in Howe Township.

Police previously reported that an autopsy was unable to determine the woman's age and race and the cause and manner of her death.

... victim of a homicide.

... a white woman with brown hair, who was between 25-45 years of age and approximately 4'8" to 5'6" tall. ...

That's a 20-year age range and a 10" height range. I wish they could narrow it down a little more.

Nationwide, there are over 100 women missing within the last 5 years that meet that description, but in PA I can come up with four:

Toni Sharpless
sharpless_toni3.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sharpless_toni.html

Joey Lynn Offutt
offutt_joey.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/offutt_joey.html

Claire Ann Adams
adams_claire_al.jpg

http://www.nampn.org/cases/adams_claire_a.html

Mikalena Nau
nau_mikalena.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nau_mikalena.html
One account has her being wrapped in a rug. However, the witness indicated that the rug containing her remains was put in a trash dumpster and set afire.

News article: The remains were ruled out as Tracy Kroh, missing since 1989 from Halifax, and the coroner's comments suggest the remains are less than two years old since they are partially skeletonized. Also, the body had a lot of dental work:

http://www.abc27.com/Global/story.asp?S=13319033

Has it ever been specified whether the wrapping around the body was a blanket or a rug/carpet? IMO, a carpet would suggest the victim had been killed in a residence vs. a rig and that would make it less likely that a trucker was involved. (The remains were found in an area where semis routinely pull off the road.)

Just hoping that Tracy wasn't ruled out only on dental work. It is possible that someone has held her hostage for years but allowed her medical and dental treatment. Or she altered her appearance, hid in plain sight and 20 years later met with an untimely death. I know, it's a stretch. I just hope they id this woman soon.

I was originally going to suggest Edwina Onyango until the race was announced as being caucasian.

What about Diane Wolf? Fits the age (45 at time of her diseappearance) and height (5'6) and hair (brown).

They have narrowed down the vital stats estimates for this Jane Doe.

New details about remains found on Rt. 22/322

Officials there said the remains are those of a white woman, between 30 and 40 years old. She was 5'5" with dark brown hair and had been dead for one or two years.

More at link:
http://www.abc27.com/Global/story.asp?S=13701417

Michelle Benjamin seems like a reasonable choice for this UID based on most of her information. I agree that her hair looks brown in the photo. The only question I would have is that the stats for the UID specifically say dark brown hair, and I'm not sure I would say MB's hair looks dark brown. Is that the kind of thing that can change or give a false shade after the 2-3 years this UID was undiscovered??

I don't know if hair can change color post-mortem. I also think in general there is subjectivity when it comes to color particularly with brown hair and in another case hazel eyes. they look brown to some, green to others and hazel to yet others.

Hm, fits Joey Offutt, who was from Sykesville, 2.5 hours away. In her 30s, 5'3", brown hair, 2007... very strange story I would love to see resolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back