PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least 3 PSU professors have been linked to pedophilia, from the 1970's and
1980's, or more recently. I don't know when Gricar first joined the DA's office, but he might have known about Lasaga...

RFG started as an ADA in 12/80, but he was not the top man. He might have known, but I doubt that he have had any "management" role in the case. Further, his wife at the time, was a professor in another department; he might not have been involved for that reason.

The other one was at the Harrisburg Campus and outside of his jurisdiction.

I just noticed something about the 1998 police report which various websites have. On all of them, pages 23 and 24 are missing. Page 22 ends with 5/13/98, and says the investigation will continue. Page 25 dated 6/1/98 has the famous Lauro/Schreffler interview with Sandusky, where JS is asked not to shower with boys again, and he agrees. Then the case is closed. What happened between 5/13/98 and 6/1/98? Has anyone seen these missing pages?

The ugly rumor rears its head again:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...ed*-ring/?tag=storyMediaBox;postSpecialReport

It does mention no evidence of a "ring," although a less reputable site, www.radaronline.com, suggests there might be one.

Have followed Ray's disappearance from day one (have lurked this thread for almost a year). As soon as I read the CBS/AP report on Friday, the first thing I thought about was the computer and hard drive that RG ditched. What the heck was on that computer??

To be clear, I don't believe RG was involved in anything nefarious; rather, did he have evidence on there linked to this that was simply so HUGE that either someone made sure it got destroyed or it scared RG into running? Could RG have been threatened -- might someone have threatened RG with harm to his daughter -- if he pushed the issue?

Just thinking out loud here. All IMO.

Welcome to the thread, Bionic Woman. :)

There is a fundamental problem with anyone other than RFG destroying the hard drive for the specific purpose of wanting to hide whatever was on that drive. Nobody else would know if RFG had copied that data to another source.

RFG had access to his home desktop computer and to his office desktop. He could have easily copied whatever was on the laptop's drive onto either one of those. Those are both intact.

He also could have copied the data to an on-line storage site, to a removable storage device, or to hard copies.

If it was destroyed for that specific purpose, RFG did it.

RFG had access to his home desktop computer and to his office desktop. He could have easily copied whatever was on the laptop's drive onto either one of those. Those are both intact.

Yes, good point. If he puts it on the home computer, though, then he could have thought he'd be putting PF at risk. Again, just thinking out loud. He still could have copied it onto the office computer.

He also could have copied the data to an on-line storage site, to a removable storage device, or to hard copies.

Perhaps I'm just too jaded, but I've yet to meet someone RG's age in this county who knows how to use either of those first two things. ;) :D (kidding)

Thanks for the welcome.

Jamie, I think he'd know about a CD or a flash drive. They were not exactly "new" in 2005. You even had floppy disks then; I think they were still standard.

BTW: the laptop didn't have Wi-Fi, so it couldn't be connected to the Internet from the areas RFG was seen in Lewisburg. That wouldn't be a major obstacle, but he didn't bring the connecting cable with it.

He also had a long standing interest in getting rid of the data on the drive. He talked to a defense attorney about how to do it. I wish I could shed more light on who.

Jamie, I think he'd know about a CD or a flash drive. They were not exactly "new" in 2005. You even had floppy disks then; I think they were still standard.

Come on now, I know that. It was meant in fun. :)

He also had a long standing interest in getting rid of the data on the drive. He talked to a defense attorney about how to do it. I wish I could shed more light on who.

Given how close this community is (too close), it wouldn't surprise me if the defense attorney was a friend (or even a friend/relative of PF's, since she's local), and asking him/her had more to do with the fact that s/he was known/trusted than that s/he was a defense attorney. Not sure if that made sense.

Given how close this community is (too close), it wouldn't surprise me if the defense attorney was a friend (or even a friend/relative of PF's, since she's local), and asking him/her had more to do with the fact that s/he was known/trusted than that s/he was a defense attorney. Not sure if that made sense.

Well, it obviously wasn't case related. :) As far as I know, the person is not related to PEF, and was not someone "close" to RFG.

Oh! That reminds me ... Do you know when (either definitively or approximately) RFG started asking about wiping data? TIA

Absolute date, no.

I do know it started around a year prior to his disappearance. It's an educated guess, but sometime in the first half of 2004. It was about the time the laptop was issued.

He had also purchased window washer type software, which is also missing; they found the box for it. The searches were about 30 days prior to his disappearance.

I just noticed something about the 1998 police report which various websites have. On all of them, pages 23 and 24 are missing. Page 22 ends with 5/13/98, and says the investigation will continue. Page 25 dated 6/1/98 has the famous Lauro/Schreffler interview with Sandusky, where JS is asked not to shower with boys again, and he agrees. Then the case is closed. What happened between 5/13/98 and 6/1/98? Has anyone seen these missing pages?

I have not.

I have not.

It always seemed to me that this investigation was dropped so abruptly. I didn't notice there were pages missing. Perhaps it wasn't so abrupt, after all. I would really, really like to see those pages, and wonder why they are not available...maybe because of the pending Curley/Schultz litagation? Although that didn't stop Freeh from naming their names...

It always seemed to me that this investigation was dropped so abruptly. I didn't notice there were pages missing. Perhaps it wasn't so abrupt, after all. I would really, really like to see those pages, and wonder why they are not available...maybe because of the pending Curley/Schultz litagation? Although that didn't stop Freeh from naming their names...

Well, four weeks is not a long time to investigate; the DA's Office, even under RFG was known to take just under a year prior to filing in some cases.

Hi nittanylioness234, The dates on this link may be of interest to you.

http://deadspin.com/5912516/new-det...might-have-known-about-jerry-sandusky-in-1998

According to the grand-jury indictment, the first time Jerry Sandusky was investigated on suspicions of sexual abuse was back in 1998. On May 13 and 19 of that year, detectives from the Penn State and municipal police departments hid in the home of the mother of an alleged victim and listened in on conversations she had with Sandusky, conversations in which Sandusky admitted that his genitals might have touched her son, and that he felt terrible about it, saying "I wish I were dead." Then, on June 1, they interviewed Sandusky in person. Shortly afterward, for unclear reasons, the case was dropped.

and this....

You will find, if you dig into his archives from 1998, that he was a very busy man—he wrote in one letter that he had "committed all my free time to" and was "really stretched" by the ongoing fundraising campaign. You will find that he was a very reliable man as well. When he planned to do something, he would do it. In fact, if you look at his agenda from 1998, you'll see that he almost always kept to his schedule, and that his only cancellations fall within a very narrow window of time.

The first cancellation is on May 15, two days after police listen in on Sandusky's half-confession to the mother of a young boy. That evening, Paterno cuts short a fundraising trip to Valley Forge, then cancels a four-day-long personal vacation he had been planning to take from May 16 to 19, to his summer home in Avalon, New Jersey. He resumes his scheduled fundraising trips in June, about a week after the investigation against Sandusky is dropped. He doesn't miss any more events for the remainder of the year.

The following season, Sandusky abruptly and unexpectedly announces his retirement.

I'd love to see those missing pages....just saying....

moo

wm

Maybe like Mr. Ray Gricar, the evidence of bribery vanished with him?! I can't believe that a man who was known to be a great advocate for battered women, would simply ignore a case like this!! jmo of course

Just MOO I truely think he found out about EVerything, and motive to get rid of him when he would not go along with these people.

Hi nittanylioness234, The dates on this link may be of interest to you.

http://deadspin.com/5912516/new-det...might-have-known-about-jerry-sandusky-in-1998

According to the grand-jury indictment, the first time Jerry Sandusky was investigated on suspicions of sexual abuse was back in 1998. On May 13 and 19 of that year, detectives from the Penn State and municipal police departments hid in the home of the mother of an alleged victim and listened in on conversations she had with Sandusky, conversations in which Sandusky admitted that his genitals might have touched her son, and that he felt terrible about it, saying "I wish I were dead." Then, on June 1, they interviewed Sandusky in person. Shortly afterward, for unclear reasons, the case was dropped.

and this....

You will find, if you dig into his archives from 1998, that he was a very busy man—he wrote in one letter that he had "committed all my free time to" and was "really stretched" by the ongoing fundraising campaign. You will find that he was a very reliable man as well. When he planned to do something, he would do it. In fact, if you look at his agenda from 1998, you'll see that he almost always kept to his schedule, and that his only cancellations fall within a very narrow window of time.

The first cancellation is on May 15, two days after police listen in on Sandusky's half-confession to the mother of a young boy. That evening, Paterno cuts short a fundraising trip to Valley Forge, then cancels a four-day-long personal vacation he had been planning to take from May 16 to 19, to his summer home in Avalon, New Jersey. He resumes his scheduled fundraising trips in June, about a week after the investigation against Sandusky is dropped. He doesn't miss any more events for the remainder of the year.

The following season, Sandusky abruptly and unexpectedly announces his retirement.

I'd love to see those missing pages....just saying....

moo

wm

waltzingmatilda, this is an excellent post. My comments on it are not exactly Gricar related, however. Would you mind posting this in the Sandusky forum? I started a 98 investigation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther