GUILTY PA - Susan, 44, & Sarah Wolfe, 38, murdered in their Pittsburgh home, 6 Feb 2014

<snipped>
Neighbors recall seeing lights on through the night at the home of Sarah and Susan Wolfe on Chislett Street in East Liberty.
“The third floor, the second floor, the first floor, I just thought that was unusual,” neighbor Mary Anne Lipinski said on Saturday.

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/5559147-74/police-car-garfield#ixzz2stOKXRvT
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

This is a very sad case.

Considering that the home had been ransacked in December and then Thursday night - when the murders probably occurred - neighbors reported seeing lights on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors of the house, it sounds like someone was looking for a specific item in the house. Neighbors also reported it being a low-crime neighborhood, so it appears the perp had a specific target or purpose.

Since the Wolfe sister hadn't lived in the house long, I'm inclined to think they were not the actual targets but unexpectedly walked into a burglary in progress. Who lived in the house previously and why did they move? I'm thinking that the previous owner may hold the key to finding the killer, if LE doesn't already have a suspect.

I wonder how long Susan's 5:30 appointment lasted Thursday evening. Could Sarah have been dead before Susan got home? The killer may have taken each woman to the basement before shooting her so that the shots would be muffled and not reported.

It's puzzling why the killer would take Sarah's car and ditch it about a mile away, unless it was to escape the crime scene quicker and with a lower likelihood of being noticed. He would have found the car key easily if Sarah walked in while he was in the house. It would have been convenient for him if Sarah carried the car and house key on the same chain. By locking the door and taking the car, too, it could suggest to people checking up on them that the women had gone somewhere together.

Since the car was found not far from the neighborhood, and the perp apparently didn't drive his own vehicle to the Wolfe's house, he likely lives nearby.

I hope there is sufficient evidence to find and lock away forever whoever did this to two beautiful, gifted and much loved women.

The vehicle was recovered in Friendship, the same Pittsburgh township where Sarah Wolfe's boyfriend is listed as living.

(This in iteself probably means nothing as the various townships in the city closely border one another.)

That's a bold act--to turn the lights on on all three floors during a burglary/homicide!

Has it been reported whether or not Susan saw patients in a home office?

with pictures: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...e-rep-found-dead-pittsburgh-article-1.1608132
Sarah's boyfriend Matthew Buchholz, who is not a suspect in the case, took to Facebook to his partner.

"[She was a] beautiful, brilliant funny woman who worked as a children's psychiatrist and was an old school riot 'grrrl.'...This whole thing is unimaginably sad," he wrote.
lots here: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...eir-lives-helping-healing-kids?nclick_check=1
The policeman found nothing. He was leaving when a man who said he was Sarah Wolfe&#8217;s boyfriend walked up to the house. Sarah Wolfe, who worked at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic in Pittsburgh, also had failed to show up for work. Her assistant had called the boyfriend asking if he knew where she was.

&#8220;The boyfriend just happened to have a key, so they went in and found their bodies in the basement,&#8221; said Lt. Daniel Herrmann of the Pittsburgh Police Major Crimes Unit. &#8220;They backed out of the house and called us.&#8221;

Authorities are keeping other details about the case quiet, but no suspect has been publicly identified, Herrmann said.

Has it been reported whether or not Susan saw patients in a home office?
Have not seen it reported. Tending to doubt it as she worked two other places. Children's psychiatrist and associate professor.

Have not seen it reported. Tending to doubt it as she worked two other places. Children's psychiatrist and associate professor.
She was triple board certified according to one article (Pediatrics, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Adult Psych). I fear someone followed her home from Western Psych Hospital.

One article stated that a neighbor opened up the house. Another article stated that it was Dr. Wolfe's boyfriend and he had a key. It's interesting that there was no forced entry. I wonder if this was a new boyfriend of Dr. Wolfe as she moved to Pittsburgh in December.

She was triple board certified according to one article (Pediatrics, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Adult Psych). I fear someone followed her home from Western Psych Hospital.

One article stated that a neighbor opened up the house. Another article stated that it was Dr. Wolfe's boyfriend. I wonder if this was a new boyfriend of Dr. Wolfe as she moved to Pittsburgh in December.
Most probably the bf. He arrived when police checked house, had key. Yes, newish bf -- he has lived in P-burgh for some time. (Sells on Etsy btw.)

The bf, from everything I have read and heard from those who know him, is not even remotely a factor to consider.

Dousing in bleach: most likely sexual pervert. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back