PA PA - Wendy Eaton, 15, non-family abduction, Media, 17 May 1975

I wonder if the unnamed girl was questioned in connection with Wendy's diseappearances. Were the other girls mentioned biker kills?

Somewhere out there, some woman, saw, participated in, or has been confided to, by some man, about what happened to Nancy, imo.
They just need to find the courage to, at the very least, let Nancy's family know where she can be found now.
imo.

This is my first time hearing of this case and I live one county over. How sad and unfortunate. Does LE have all the info posted in this thread? I am forwarding the link to this thread to my friend who would be in the position to know who exactly to send it to just in case they haven't seen it.

This is my first time hearing of this case and I live one county over. How sad and unfortunate. Does LE have all the info posted in this thread? I am forwarding the link to this thread to my friend who would be in the position to know who exactly to send it to just in case they haven't seen it.

I speak for myself, Yes the LE is aware of it, and usually ahead of the curve.
By all means, send the link out, it is public information. Many people here
say they have been to the authorities with information. I believe them, but
I have been fooled before. Good luck! All one can do is TRY.

Added 1970's vintage Poster

Frustrating.
That's what it's like to be a cop today.

We hired that guy to do a job. A job
too rotten for us to do.
Then we isolate him, Fight him.
Ignore him.

That's what it's like to be a cop.
And it's getting worse.

. . .We have to care. Do something.

You've heard it and read it a hundred
times: write your officials. support new
tax measures. back legislation.

Sure, you'll do those things …. when
you have time.

But here's something you can do
right now, and it won't take
any time at all . . .

smile at the next policeman you see

Copyright 1969 by Rock Bergthhold & Wright
Distributed by Einstein High School Key Club

I had some childhood friends who lived in Media for a little while, but it was about 10 years after this happened. They'd never heard of Wendy's disappearance while they were living there.

attachment.php

Wendy Eaton

Attachments

• Wendy Eaton.jpeg
    Wendy Eaton.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 189
I was able to glean some of the article (snp'd), but I would love to have someone please paste a copy of her missing person poster because it has different pictures of her. Thank you again :) - It almost sounds like she may have run away.
"Sixteen-year-old Wendy Eaton, missing since last May 17, may be with a travelling group of devout Christians, some of them runaways, according to Patrolman Harold Altford of the Pittston police in Luzerne County. Altford said Wednesday sources claim to have seen Wendy soliciting for the religious group in Pittstpwn, located in the Scranton-Wilkes Barre vicinity. Altford said the group, called the "Forever Family," has been arrested inPittston for blocking sidewalks and disturbing the public. The group, whose members wear "Get Smart -- Get Saved" pins, has been linked to some 50 to 100 children who are missing from their homes, according to Ed Ackerman of the Pittston newspaper, the Pittston Dispatch. The group is explicitly opposed to the use of narcotics and appeals to younger children, Ackerman said. When parents of missing children start questioning "Forever Family," he added, they have a system of channeling the missing person out of the area. The members are strict interpreters of the Bible and seem to stem from the Allentown area, he said. Altford said they are now around Kingston and Stroudsburg, and seem to be picking up children wherever they go. Many suspicions have been manifested, Altford said, but nothing has been proved. Roland Eaton, 52, Wendy's father, of 6 Moccasin Trail, Middletown, says his wife, 47, daughter, Nancy, 21, and son, Rick, 19, have assumed for a long time that Wendy had been kidnsped and murdered. Now, Eaton says, there is hope. An advertisement in the Philadelphia Daily News caused a Pittston resident to write an unsigned letter stating she had seen Wendy soliciting for the group. The Batons traveled about 90 miles last weekend to Pittston to publicize their daughter's picture and contact police there. Eaton said he has now received several calls from residents of Pittston. Eaton sa'ys his suspicions are aroused because, when his daughter disappeared, she had been involved in Penncrest People for Christ (PPC), the Delaware County Church of Christ, Opening Hours, a Christian singing group, and other religious organizations. He says he doesn't link her disappearance to the series of kidnaps" and murders of young county girls last year, except perhaps the abduction and murder of 8-year old Gretchen Harrington of Marple. Gretchen, the daughter of a minister, had been walking alone on a street, just like Wendy, and was heading toward a church, he said. Her body later was found in Ridley Creek State Park. Eaton said before he even considered kidnaping as a possibility, he thought his daughter might have run away in disappointment over not being allowed to go on a summer excursion. "We thought she was an extremely happy child," he said. "She wanted very badly to attend a religious meeting out in Colorado last summer. We said we didn't think we could arrange it." Wendy was disappointed because two close friends had assured her they were attending it, Eaton said. Eaton said the incident occurred two weeks before she disappeared. "We never had a chance to talk about this as a family," he said. Since investigators didn't find Wendy in the Colorado religious camp last summer, Eaton said he was less inclined to believe she left on her own. "She's the mildest mannered kid," he said. "There's no question in my mind she got into a car with a goodie or a baddie." He said Wednesday he suspects she got into a car with someone she knew because she had no money or clothing with her. The last time Roland Eaton saw his daughter he asked her if she wanted to go with him to play golf. She declined, saying she'd rather sunbathe on her roof. When Eaton, his wife, and son /returned from the golf course, Wendy was gone, her bathing suit left on her bed. , Five persons saw Wendy at the f orkln the road at Media Station and Indian Lane Roads, but nobody has seen her since."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back