PA PA - Wendy Eaton, 15, non-family abduction, Media, 17 May 1975

I think it morphed into The Church of Bible Understanding. I couldn't find any reference to a group with Rainbow in the title but it could be an off shoot.
I did some checking around, and they didn't seem to be a violent group of people that would do away with its members should they choose to leave it, that's why I think she could still be alive.
I haven't been able to get an answer on this question: If you discover someone to possibly be alive, and notify NamUs, do they contact that person and ask, "Hey, are you so and so?" Does anyone know?

I'm not so sure Wendy is deceased. Her disappearance doesn't appear to be linked to some of the other missing teen girls in the area at the time. Some of the others were acquaintances with each and with bikers. It's possible she planned to runaway, that could be why she didn't go golfing with her family. Or, she may have made it to the mall and been approached by one of the members of that religious group. They were really persuasive and targeted teenagers. Maybe she even made it to Colorado. This is all speculation, but it's as plausible as a tragic end at the hands of a nefarious predator.

I think it morphed into The Church of Bible Understanding. I couldn't find any reference to a group with Rainbow in the title but it could be an off shoot.
I did some checking around, and they didn't seem to be a violent group of people that would do away with its members should they choose to leave it, that's why I think she could still be alive.
I haven't been able to get an answer on this question: If you discover someone to possibly be alive, and notify NamUs, do they contact that person and ask, "Hey, are you so and so?" Does anyone know?
Rbbm.

About a 1/4 down page , reasons for keeping missing people who are found alive , in the namus system.
https://books.google.ca/books?id=Fs...mus verify if missing person is alive&f=false

I was a classmate with Wendy at Penncrest High School in Media, PA. I wonder from time to time if they ever found her.
I am a frequent watcher of Investigation Discovery, where they are solving these cases from 35 to 45 years ago.
Has anyone compared the DNA from the above mentioned case 863? The last I remember Wendy, she wore braces. But I distinctly remember the ear thing mentioned above, depending on how her hair was cut it could appear that one ear was smaller than the other and slightly deformed.

I was a classmate of Wendys at Penncrest High School in the 10th grade.
I watch investigation discovery regularly and I am suprised how many of the cold cases are being solved now days.
I wondered if they ever found Wendy and I stumbled upon this website. Has anyone checked DNA In the above mentioned hot case 863?
The last I remember Wendy, she wore braces, and one of her ears appeared to be smaller and possible slightly deformed, depending how short her hair was. Ironic, cooincidince, hopefully this was followed up on.

I was a classmate of Wendys at Penncrest High School in the 10th grade.
I watch investigation discovery regularly and I am suprised how many of the cold cases are being solved now days.
I wondered if they ever found Wendy and I stumbled upon this website. Has anyone checked DNA In the above mentioned hot case 863?
The last I remember Wendy, she wore braces, and one of her ears appeared to be smaller and possible slightly deformed, depending how short her hair was. Ironic, cooincidince, hopefully this was followed up on.

Hi Littlefawn & Welcome to WS!
I went back through the thread and didn't see any updates posted about the possible match between Wendy and the Doenetwork case. Here is an updated link to that former hot case, 863:http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/857ufca.html
I didn't find a case file in NamUs for the unidentified remains, so I'm not sure if DNA is available for that Jane Doe yet. Sadly, California cremated a lot of their unidentified remains without keeping anything from which to extract DNA because that was unheard of back then. The good news is that both Wendy and this Jane Doe have dental records available, so they could be easily compared, if they haven't already. I'm thinking she was ruled out because her case is still active, but I don't know for sure.
I posted an article in which witnesses spotted Wendy with a religious group months after she went missing. There was a cult that was active in the area at the time who targeted teens. Do you think that is something she might fall prey to?

This is similar to my own near kidnapping about which I posted elsewhere. I see similarities between this and other girls who went missing in the NJ/PA/DE/MD area in the 1970s. I am almost certain Debardeleben is the guy who tried to get me. Based upon the thread here about him and the information posted under the Lyons sisters, I could see him doing this. I wish the Secret Service would release information from Debardeleben's 1970s and 1980s arrests. But especially the 1970s where it appears he was kidnapping and filming young girls.

I wonder if Wendy could possibly be Atlantic Highlands Jane Doe, found in New Jersey in 1988. Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/20ufnj.html. NamUs: https://identifyus.org/cases/1458. I was on her thread suggesting potential candidates and sadly, found way too many missing girls with similar demographics for my liking; Wendy was one of them. She was thought to have died approximately 15 years before she was found, roughly between 1973-1975 and had bad teeth. I believe at one point the question came up as to whether she previously had braces or not, but it was never conclusively determined.

I wonder if Wendy could possibly be Atlantic Highlands Jane Doe, found in New Jersey in 1988. Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/20ufnj.html. NamUs: https://identifyus.org/cases/1458. I was on her thread suggesting potential candidates and sadly, found way too many missing girls with similar demographics for my liking; Wendy was one of them. She was thought to have died approximately 15 years before she was found, roughly between 1973-1975 and had bad teeth. I believe at one point the question came up as to whether she previously had braces or not, but it was never conclusively determined.

I think Jan Cotta would be a better possibility for this set of remains, but both Wendy and Jan have DNA in CODIS, so I think it would be an auto rule based on that, which wouldn't be listed. The only way to really know is to submit a match to NamUs, though.

I think Jan Cotta would be a better possibility for this set of remains, but both Wendy and Jan have DNA in CODIS, so I think it would be an auto rule based on that, which wouldn't be listed. The only way to really know is to submit a match to NamUs, though.

I'm pretty sure Jan Cotta was ruled out, on what basis I don't know (hopefully it wasn't solely due to the fact that she was pregnant at the time of her disappearance). She isn't on the NamUs rule out list however. Link to the Jane Doe's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?79052-NJ-Atlantic-Highlands-WhtFem-Skeletal-20UFNJ-15-20-on-hillside-Dec-88.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back