PA PA - Wendy Eaton, 15, non-family abduction, Media, 17 May 1975

Someone else has confessed to the Lyon sisters' disappearance, haven't they?
Yes...Welch did. I was referring to a thread about the Lyons girls where there was previous mention of Debardeleben, who does not seem to have anything to do with the Lyons girls. However, he is a lurking presence in other girls who went missing in the 1970s.

• rbbm Wondering if some perp asked for directions while she was near the intersection where the dogs found her scent, and because she was deaf in one ear, got close enough to hear the question, but also could be easily pulled into a vehicle? speculation.imo.
  • Wendy Eaton – The Charley Project
    wendy_eaton_1.jpg
  • wendy_eaton_2.jpg
"Wendy, circa 1975; Age-progression to age 54 (circa 2013)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'10, 90 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Wendy is deaf in her right ear."

• "Wendy was last seen walking three blocks from her family's residence at approximately 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Indian Lane and Media Station Road. She was headed towards downtown Media at the time she vanished.

She has never been seen again. Bloodhounds were able to track her scent to the intersection where she disappeared, but there was no trace of her elsewhere.

Wendy's family told authorities that she was very interested in religion and planned to attend a singing group rehearsal at their church on the night she vanished. Her relatives stated that Wendy would not have missed the rehearsal.

Her family considered the possibility that she may have joined a religious cult-type of organization, but no evidence has been located to suggest that was the cause of Wendy's disappearance.

She was a tenth-grader at Penncrest High School at the time of her disappearance and was a good student. She enjoyed scouting, camping and church activities and was considered musically talented; she played the piano and the guitar. Her case remains unsolved."

Possible. Absolutely. Wondering if someone closer who lives in the area saw her leave the house and waited a bit. Left their home in a car and grabbed her.

Possible. Absolutely. Wondering if someone closer who lives in the area saw her leave the house and waited a bit. Left their home in a car and grabbed her.
That is what i am thinking- maybe her family was seen leaving the home and Wendy sunbathing.
Perhaps they intended to go to her home, but seeing her leave the house, decided to follow her instead.
Also wondering if somebody from Wendy's church or who attended her music recitals, may have targeted, watched then followed her- offering a lift in his car- which she may have accepted or was forced inside the vehicle.
All speculation, imo.

That is what i am thinking- maybe her family was seen leaving the home and Wendy sunbathing.
Perhaps they intended to go to her home, but seeing her leave the house, decided to follow her instead.
Also wondering if somebody from Wendy's church or who attended her music recitals, may have targeted, watched then followed her- offering a lift in his car- which she may have accepted or was forced inside the vehicle.
All speculation, imo.

There are so many possibilities, I just wish she could be found.

This is similar to my own near kidnapping about which I posted elsewhere. I see similarities between this and other girls who went missing in the NJ/PA/DE/MD area in the 1970s. I am almost certain Debardeleben is the guy who tried to get me. Based upon the thread here about him and the information posted under the Lyons sisters, I could see him doing this. I wish the Secret Service would release information from Debardeleben's 1970s and 1980s arrests. But especially the 1970s where it appears he was kidnapping and filming young girls.

Debardeleben was arrested sometime in 1976 and was released from custody on 5-5-78. He pistol whipped a lady in 1975 and he kidnapped and raped a girl just south of where Wendy went missing just months after his release on 9-4-78 in Delaware. He was convicted of this crime after his 1984 arrest, so he was definitely committing these type of crimes in the area where Wendy went missing and only God knows how many young women this guy assaulted, IMHO he was probably the worst serial killer ever but we will never be sure how many disappearances he was responsible for.

Debardeleben was arrested sometime in 1976 and was released from custody on 5-5-78. He pistol whipped a lady in 1975 and he kidnapped and raped a girl just south of where Wendy went missing just months after his release on 9-4-78 in Delaware. He was convicted of this crime after his 1984 arrest, so he was definitely committing these type of crimes in the area where Wendy went missing and only God knows how many young women this guy assaulted, IMHO he was probably the worst serial killer ever but we will never be sure how many disappearances he was responsible for.
If this guy abducted Wendy, wondering where he would most likely leave her body?

If this guy abducted Wendy, wondering where he would most likely leave her body?

That is a very good question. If indeed Debardeleben was as prominent a serial killer as most experts think he was, he had a very good method because they never found any bodies that were tied to him that he had intentionally hid. The few murders he was essentially responsible in LE's eyes anyway, the bodies were found relatively easy. However IMHO, he has a lot of buried secrets. Years ago I spoke to a guy who is sort of an expert on all things Debardeleben, and he thinks he used bodies of water to get rid of bodies and old vehicles. As far as I know, LE has never released any information on any bodies found that were linked to Debardeleben.

That is a very good question. If indeed Debardeleben was as prominent a serial killer as most experts think he was, he had a very good method because they never found any bodies that were tied to him that he had intentionally hid. The few murders he was essentially responsible in LE's eyes anyway, the bodies were found relatively easy. However IMHO, he has a lot of buried secrets. Years ago I spoke to a guy who is sort of an expert on all things Debardeleben, and he thinks he used bodies of water to get rid of bodies and old vehicles. As far as I know, LE has never released any information on any bodies found that were linked to Debardeleben.
Interesting, as you know- because you have also posted on the thread, lots of information and conversation concerning Debardeleben..
The girls were abducted then what?

Wendy Eaton
NCMC601124c1.jpg

• Missing Since
    • May 17, 1975
    • Missing From
    • Media, PA
    • DOB
    • May 26, 1959
    • Age Now
    • Sex
    • Female
    • Race
    • White
    • Hair Color
    • Brown
    • Eye Color
    • Brown
    • Height
    • 4'10"
    • Weight
    • 90 lbs
Age Progressed
NCMC601124e1.jpg

Wendy's photo is shown age-progressed to 54 years.

She was last seen three blocks from her home, walking to town at approximately 3:05 p.m. She is deaf in one ear, has pierced ears and wears corrective lenses.

LINK:

Have you seen this child? WENDY EATON

Could these cold cases be related to Wendy's?

1975 News Article:

PHILADELPHIA, April 1 (UPI)—The bodies of two teenage shooting victims were pulled from the Schuylkill River in southwest Philadelphia today. The victims were Layne Dorothy Spicer, 16 years old, and Mary Ann Lees, 15, both neighbors and students at upper Darby High School in suburban Philadelphia.

LINK:

Girls' Bodies Found in River

Missing for 45 years...

---------------------
Wendy Eaton

• wendy_eaton_1.jpg
  • eaton_wendy_ap.jpg
Wendy, circa 1975; Age-progression to age 60 (circa 2019)

• Missing Since 05/17/1975
  • Missing From Media, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Non-Family Abduction
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/26/1959 (60)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'10, 90 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Wendy is deaf in her right ear.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Wendy occasionally wears gold-rimmed eyeglasses. Her ears are pierced. She may or may not have worn orthodontic braces at time of her 1975 disappearance. Her nickname is Whizzie.
Details of Disappearance
Wendy's family left their residence to play golf at a local country club on May 17, 1975. She stayed behind at their house on Moccasin Trail in Media, Pennsylvania and was sunbathing at the time. Wendy spoke to a friend later in the afternoon and said she planned to walk to a store to purchase a gift for her brother.

Wendy was last seen walking three blocks from her family's residence at approximately 3:05 p.m. at the intersection of Indian Lane and Media Station Road. She was headed towards downtown Media at the time she vanished.

She has never been seen again. Bloodhounds were able to track her scent to the intersection where she disappeared, but there was no trace of her elsewhere.

Wendy's family told authorities that she was very interested in religion and planned to attend a singing group rehearsal at their church on the night she vanished. Her relatives stated that Wendy would not have missed the rehearsal.

Her family considered the possibility that she may have joined a religious cult-type of organization, but no evidence has been located to suggest that was the cause of Wendy's disappearance.

She was a tenth-grader at Penncrest High School at the time of her disappearance and was a good student. She enjoyed scouting, camping and church activities and was considered musically talented; she played the piano and the guitar. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Pennsylvania State Police 215-459-4150
Source Information

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members