Padilla Holds A Memorial For Caylee -2/10/09

Knowing some of the earlier "memorial" discussion threads got a little heated, I was reluctant to post this one.

However, thank you to everyone who has contributed so far - for discussing the topic sensibly and respectfully.

Can anyone recall Cindy or George ever commenting about Rev Grund ?

Officially, or unofficially?

I don't have a link sitting right here in my back pocket, but IIRC, the A's were very vocal about LP & RG both when they had the last memorial service.

"They have no right, no right at all to do this..."

What I can't recall is if that was just a printed quote from CA, or if I saw her on video saying it. Hopefully someone else here will step up if they recall.

(p.s. TY for making me laugh re: the Westboro 'edit', Galina. I don't think there will be a lot of that today.)

Two wrongs NEVER make a right, and no one owes anyone anything. It's about coming together, temporarily forgetting slights and wounds, to remember someone what is above ALL of those things.

If it's about CA, let her make her lists and check them twice. If it's about LP, let him gild the lily for what it's worth. If, IF, it's about NONE of them, anyone or anything else, let it be without malice, without selfishness, and without the fanfare of being center-stage, so a maligned and unprotected little child may be remembered by ANYONE who loves her. Orchestrating a "memorial" service for ones' own desires has got to be among the heights of "dishonoring" someone.

There's enough shame pooling around to be slathered like tar on a hot summer road. Problem is, the cracks still show. They all need to just lay it aside. Even left unguarded, it'll all still be there when everything's done.

Here's my two cents. At first I was surprised that LP wanted to do a memorial on his own, and it really didn't sit well with me. But the more I thought about it the more "okay" I got with it. There are people out there who loved Caylee, but aren't allowed into the memorial service at the church because Cindy has put them on her black list for one reason or another. These people have every right to go somewhere else and have their own little memorial to honor Caylee. Think about all of KC's friends that won't be "allowed" into the church memorial...Jesse for one - and he absolutely adored little Caylee. I can imagine that Amy prolly won't want to go to the church memorial and neither will Tony, yet they knew and loved Caylee - so what is wrong with LP having a little memorial of his own so that the people who have been black listed can honor Caylee's life as well? Maybe it would have been better if LP scheduled his memorial at a different time, but I can't fault him for wanting to have a memorial for Caylee. I really can't. It doesn't sound like it's a big organized thing anyway. Sounds like he's just getting together with Mr. Grund - and inviting anyone else who feels the need or wants to come.

Definitely an emotional day ahead for everyone... I just cant find the words to express my sadness in regards to all this.

I dont really agree with either LP, CA, or Rev G. IMO only, I think banning people from attending was really kind of asking for trouble...Of course you have security there to keep a close eye on things, but FWIW I just couldnt see Rev G or LP making a big huge scene in the church, or starting fights, or anything else for that matter.

What would be the point in trying to hurt people by banning them from a public memorial. I could see if it wasn't PUBLIC, but it is. I just don't understand someone having a public memorial to honor little Angel Caylee, and then saying some people aren't welcomed to honor her with everyone else.

They are willing to let someone whom has never met them or caylee in, to honor Caylee, but the man whom thought or maybe wanted to think he was her grandfather is banned. To the posts that state that they don't blame him for being banned since he hasn't been her life for so and so many years, well a lot of the people whom are attending have never been in her life at all. :waitasec:

I can't blame them for being upset, but if I were them, I would maybe hold off on their own memorial till atleast another day. Either that or not state that I am going to be at the remains site at a certain time...just go there if I felt the need to pray for her, or honor her, and if other people show up while I was there then so be it.

I think LP should have his on memorial if he wants to and
anybody else that wants to be there with him today.
If LP did things Cindy and Georgre didn't like are said they have done
1000 times worse this is Caylee's day

I'm new here. I have a question. I read on the internet that Caylee's memorial service was open to the public. Is that true or not? I'm not planning to go or anything, but when I read these posts it sounds as though people are being restricted from going. I can understand wanting to keep the service private. So I was just wondering.

If people want to gather to celebrate Caylee and they are unable to do so at the official event, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Causing a scene at the event would be much worse! Or staging a protest! Or being a hate group! There's so many things I can think of that are much much worse.

Maybe I'm getting "mellow" in my red hat years, but I just don't sweat the small stuff anymore. They weren't invited, they aren't going, and they are meeting elsewhere in a peaceful manner. Sounds fine to me.

I'm new here. I have a question. I read on the internet that Caylee's memorial service was open to the public. Is that true or not? I'm not planning to go or anything, but when I read these posts it sounds as though people are being restricted from going. I can understand wanting to keep the service private. So I was just wondering.

The memorial is open to the public, however the family has made it clear through their lawyer and the obituary/memorial announcement that they would prefer that only people whose intentions are clear attend. As such, they had further let it be known that specific people will not be welcomed with open arms and will not pass security in order to attend.

Welcome Silmarion!

The memorial is public, but the grandmother, Cindy, has a list of people who aren't welcome and if they show up, they will be asked to leave by security.

Bizarree IMO

If people want to gather to celebrate Caylee and they are unable to do so at the official event, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Causing a scene at the event would be much worse! Or staging a protest! Or being a hate group! There's so many things I can think of that are much much worse.

Maybe I'm getting "mellow" in my red hat years, but I just don't sweat the small stuff anymore. They weren't invited, they aren't going, and they are meeting elsewhere in a peaceful manner. Sounds fine to me.

Amen, Sista!! I'm totally with your line of thinking.

Well, if I were CA - I wouldn't have "banned" people from a public church service, but that's her perogative.

No, Of course LP wouldn't let the Westboro group in nor would they want to attend his get togehter. You are really asking this? Seriously? LP is not a hateful individual. He may like publicity, but he is not a hateful soul.

What I'm saying is: if LP lives up to what he says, allowing protestors in... then there's a huge protest group right in front of his eyes.

My two cents is that anyone that wants to attend the memorial should be allowed to go as long as they aren't causing trouble.

What ever happened to the christian thing of "forget and forgive"? IMO, Cindy is not doing the christian thing by banning people. Just wondering if the preacher has mentioned that to Cindy?

What I'm saying is: if LP lives up to what he says, allowing protestors in... then there's a huge protest group right in front of his eyes.

Well I honestly don't think we even have to worry about that happening. I don't know what he really meant when he said he would allow protestors at his memorial. When I heard him say that on NG last night -I got the feeling that he just didn't think before he spoke really. NG put him on the spot (which she rarely ever does) and that just came flying out of his mouth. I wouldn't dwell on it to much. He has said a lot off the wall things (and I don't dislike the guy - just calling it like I sees it).

I do have a question though. I couldn't catch all the news yesterday, but saw that Mark Klauss is on the black list. Why? What did he do to pixx off CA?

I am not sure what to think. I am somewhat disappointed. Maybe I am missing something. I knew he was going to just stop by the remains site today and someone had mentioned to me that they thought they would rather just say good bye at the remains site as well with out all the media and protester that are planning on showing up. I told them maybe Padilla could hold his own event on Wednesday evening so that there would be no conflict. I was hoping that was the way it was going to happen. I knew if he decied to go by there today the media would make a big hoopla out of this. They should of just not said anything. People know who there are that came up with the idea of saying goodbye there today and invited themselves and now Padilla looks like he came up with the idea of another memorial. It did sound like a good idea to invited the protesters there and calm them down and just pray for Caylee but I see that is not working either. Everything that is done for this child is picked apart and looked at in a negative way. I just pray that today no matter where anyone is at they will just act like humans and respect Caylee for ONCE!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I do have an opinion.

I think its petty (and perhaps spiteful) of Cindy to ban Padilla from the memorial service, however it's hard to see the LP event as anything more than retaliation for being banned.

Or am I being too hard on LP?

That's about how I see it. I actually like LP, even though he's not always right. But this looks like a swipe at her and it gives him more attention, which I think he loves. Not cool.

IIRC Mark Klaas has been on NG a couple of times saying some very negative (but true) things about KC. That's probably behind CA's banning him... she's quite the spiteful woman.

IIRC Mark Klaas has been on NG a couple of times saying some very negative (but true) things about KC. That's probably behind CA's banning him... she's quite the spiteful woman.

Okay...Thanks. Now that I think about it I do remember one night when he got pretty hot about Cindy. I think he even called her a bad name - can't remember exactly what he said, but it wasn't good. It was the same night he was dogging Tim Miller and his group. He was in rare form that night.

Tim Miller isn't banned is he? Last one I'm asking about - I promise! :crazy:

So childish and so sad. This isn't a memorial for Caylee, in my opinion, it's a stage for Cindy, a chance to publically show what happens when you thwart her - and she gets to do it in public no less. So sad, so childish.

My opinion only
It's my opinion too.

Okay...Thanks. Now that I think about it I do remember one night when he got pretty hot about Cindy. I think he even called her a bad name - can't remember exactly what he said, but it wasn't good. It was the same night he was dogging Tim Miller and his group. He was in rare form that night.

Tim Miller isn't banned is he? Last one I'm asking about - I promise! :crazy:

Not sure on that one... but there's a thread started where TM is talking to WS! I haven't been there yet cuz I don't have time.. but I'm sure he mentions it in the thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back