Padilla Holds A Memorial For Caylee -2/10/09

Not sure on that one... but there's a thread started where TM is talking to WS! I haven't been there yet cuz I don't have time.. but I'm sure he mentions it in the thread.

Oops! I spoke too soon! TM is not talking to WS in that thread. But the sleuther named Friday, who is part of TES, says Tim won't be able to make it to the memorial although he has not been banned.

Oops! I spoke too soon! TM is not talking to WS in that thread. But the sleuther named Friday, who is part of TES, says Tim won't be able to make it to the memorial although he has not been banned.
lol....I saw your previous post and ran over to find that thread. thanks though! I'm glad to see he wasn't black-listed!

24 people are on that dang list! It blows my mind that CA had the time or inclination to think this up and make a list! If my grandaughter was being honored and memorialized, the last thing on my mind would be a black list, but that's just me.

My two cents is that anyone that wants to attend the memorial should be allowed to go as long as they aren't causing trouble.

What ever happened to the christian thing of "forget and forgive"? IMO, Cindy is not doing the christian thing by banning people. Just wondering if the preacher has mentioned that to Cindy?

:clap: Well said! :clap:

Respectfully, I disagree 100%. You know where LP should be today? California, watching it on TV. If he feels the need to be in Orlando because he was connected to the case at one point, OK... but he should do it in silence. We don't even need to know he's there. To have a "service" at the site where the remains were found????? Dispicable! (sp? :))

For the life of me, I don't understand why NG continues to have him on as a guest. (Well, yes I do... he simply fills out her guest roster, even though he hasn't had anything worthwhile to add for months.)

I agree 1000% with this post. I knew when I heard last week that he was back in Orlando that he would pull another publicity seeking stunt like this. Of all people involved in this case, even Casey, I despise this man the most. When he first arrived in Orlando to bail KC out (with contingencies, of course), I was praying that JB or the A's would decline his offer. I got a bad feeling from him from the start and he has proved that my first instincts were correct.

As others have undoubtedly mentioned, NG reamed LP last night for this. He provided the lame excuse that he was trying to draw off the protesters.

Not buying it. While I think it was despicable for the Anthonys to set up a list of unwelcome guests, I think it is disturbing for those on the "reject" list to set up a competing event. There is no need and no excuse, jmo.

Not just your opinion my friend I said the same thing :blowkiss:

If people want to gather to celebrate Caylee and they are unable to do so at the official event, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Causing a scene at the event would be much worse! Or staging a protest! Or being a hate group! There's so many things I can think of that are much much worse.

Maybe I'm getting "mellow" in my red hat years, but I just don't sweat the small stuff anymore. They weren't invited, they aren't going, and they are meeting elsewhere in a peaceful manner. Sounds fine to me.

I totally agree Kimster...

I for one would not attend the fiasco at the Church. I would be more inclined (like LP is) to pay my last respects at the Suburban location.

I don't think LP is trying to "compete" with CA at all - there's no way he could anyway. I think there are several reasons why he's doing this - 1) Yeah, maybe to get back at Cindy for black listing him - so what, that's LP. CA and LP been playing this game for a long time - back and forth, back and forth. 2) A little publicity never hurts 3) I think he REALLY does care and wants to honor and remember Caylee. 4) I think he wants to provide a place for others who aren't welcome at the church but want to honor and remember Caylee.
That's my two cents (again)

I am willing to give LP the benefit of the doubt and hope that maybe his service will attract some of the "uglies" who aren't welcome at the other service. There is a time and a place for protesting, but outside the church where Caylee's memorial is being held is not appropriate. That being said, I am interested to see who is on the unwelcome list, as I am confused as to why RG, JG and MK have been banned. Yesterday Tricia had a sticky up regarding tidbits on why MK was banned, but I was not able to locate any information on it. Mods, if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!
I cannot imagine any of the three of these men disrespecting Caylee's honor in anyway.
Maybe LP can keep the hate-monger church people away from the public memorial, in an effort to honor Caylee. What is there to protest at this point? This day, this service is for Caylee, for all who knew her and/or loved her. Today, everyone should open their hearts and their eyes and remain open to compassion and forgiveness; surely that is what Caylee Marie deserves. We spent months looking for her and nearly two months waiting for a plan to lay her to rest. This day should be about peace and the celebration of a life ended much too soon. Praying for peace and compassion in Orlando, if only for today. RIP baby girl.

Okay, I do have an opinion.

I think its petty (and perhaps spiteful) of Cindy to ban Padilla from the memorial service, however it's hard to see the LP event as anything more than retaliation for being banned.

Or am I being too hard on LP?

Some of our very own Websleuths were planning to hold their own little memorial for Caylee at the discovery site prior to LP and The Reverend saying they would be there, so I see no reason why LP and the Reverend Grund and others can't join them.

I think it more petty of Cindy to blacklist people who put time, energy, and money into searching for Caylee. I think it even more shocking the church officials are allowing her to do so. A church isn't a "private club", everyone is supposed to be welcomed. I think the ministers of that church are being highly unethical. It IS a PUBLIC memorial service, is it not? So why so many exclusions? That's what I think it tacky, tacky, tacky.

Let's turn this thread into a more positive format. Padilla is doing what he feels is best at Suburban Drive and it appears that people not invited to the Memorial will be at Suburban Drive.

If you want to RANT about Padilla, please take it elsewhere.

Padialla is honoring Caylee also and this is what is most important and not Cindy's list.​

I pray everyone, no matter where they are, keeps a peaceful atmosphere and gives this poor little child the love, respect, and the proper sendoff you most assuredly deserves - FINALLY.

I don't agree with the man most of the time, but, I would like to thank him for being a thorn in the side of the perp and for cutting through the BS. Without him, who knows, someone else could have been blamed for this horrible, despicable crime. So, THANK YOU LEONARD! Please continue to rattle the cage and again, thank you for being one of many who dared to stand up for Caylee.:clap::clap::clap:

Do you have a link to that? I'd like to see it. I have a difficult time believing that Cindy released a list to the media of who is not welcome.

I'm with you Chilly.....Where's this list so many are "reporting" & now "blogging" about ??

There is no link. Fox News stated in their news broadcast that there was a banned list and there were 24 names on the list.

LOL...the list with no link ??

I think LP has every right to memorialize Caylee any way he wants to. He tried to bring Caylee home without any help from the A's. I have seen the tears in his eyes as he speaks of the baby. I really believe he is sincere in his grief for her.

I don't think he is trying to upstage CA. He's just showing her that she doesn't have complete control over everyone, everywhere.IMO

I believe everyone is having a memorial for Caylee today whether we are there or not. Just thinking about that beautiful girls life today IS memorializing her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back