Passing Motorist Eyewitness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it said she was struggling with a bag.
The article is rather confusing. It said she was seen leaving a white car carrying a bundle. Earlier the article said she had been looking for a secluded wooded area to murder the child. So they (the investigators according to the source) seem to have surmised Caylee was still alive in the bundle (or Caylee was the bundle) or trash bag at the time the witness saw KC, because KC was seen leaving or walking from the car to go into the woods, not walking toward the car after leaving the woods with the bundle.

Towards the beginning of the case there was a guy who said he saw Casey coming out of a wooded area with a shovel. I think he described her as wearing some kind of straw hat...anyone remember that? Wasn't it later said to not have been Casey?

Yep, she was with an older man that was dressed nicely, or something to that effect...Doesn't Enquirer know the whole world has access to her pings to check their accuracy?

The picture on the inquirer, does depict, what I think that area looked like when RK saw the bag, only with much more water. sad
I don't believe the story about seeing her carrying a bag out..sounds like too much work for KC. I wouldn't put it past her to have planted some false evidence..elsewhere(threw some clothes from the car window) but naaa, Caylee was dead long before,carried around in the trunk until the smell began to scare KC...then the body was dumped...always thought she went to the house,thinking the gas cans would be full but finding them empty,took them to help mask the smell, and may have planned on getting fuel and burning the body but GA followed her to the car, She used the gas cans to distract GA because she didn't want him too close to the car , and since they were "empty "anyway.she ..used them to distract him,leave in a huff and not give him time to ask any questions.....but what was there to worry about" CA was talking to her everyday" and she was mother of the year and ,oh yea, I may have forgotten to mention "the property I have for sale on the moon is only $2000 an acre, email me for lot information lol lol

Yes, instead of burying or leaving the body in the woods, she had motivation to return the body to the trunk (a lot of extra work for KC), and perhaps use the gasoline from GAs gas cans to blow up the car and collect the insurance money. I wonder if any google searches were done on car explosions as well as the likelihood of determining C.O.D. for victims of the explosion.

Yep...yep....we are recalling the same thing!!!

Me too!!!! I remember that one...Wasn't there something about railroad tracks? Maybe not.

Wasn't the witness an older guy?

Whatever the case, the media dropped this lead like a hot potato, way-back-when...

This brings an all new meaning to junk science.:D

Maybe this is a different person, a more credible witness to these events. I am now wondering if this might be the "highly reliable inculpatory evidence" we have been looking for ? I will wait for others to weigh in, but I don't think we should be so quick to rule this eye witness testimony out.

No way do I believe this. If KC went to the trouble of searching out a spot to kill Caylee and finally found one 5 miles from home, she wouldn't then return the body to the trunk of the car and cart it around for another few weeks before dumping it. This makes no sense at all and is not true.

This is BS....what about the 2.6 days of decomp in the trunk???? If she supposedly drove around trying to find a place to murder Caylee - why would she murder her in the woods and then put her in the trunk for 2+ days????

ZsaZsa said:
Wasn't there another guy that thought he saw Casey go into the woods over by the airport, and do much the same thing- stuff her in the trunk- and nothing ever came of that... they were all looking for the pings in that area then it died down.. George was reported as being seen over in that area after that came out, just looking out into the field....

Seems like I am recalling that as well, although for some reason, I am recalling that that guy claimed that he saw KC walk from the woods with a shovel in hand, then place it in the trunk of the car. I believe this front page story hit the Enquirer around the time that news of KC borrowing the neighbor's shovel came out...?

I remember this as well, mostly because the guy who was describing what he'd seen kinda resembles someone I know. I've also wondered whatever happened to this, and assumed it turned out to be nothing.

I wasn't sure if he was telling a 'mistruth' or if he saw something else going on, or what, but what he was saying, IIRC, is how he'd been on this road as the passenger in a vehicle with another person (who never stepped forward or has never been named and/or investigated, as far as I know) and saw a woman matches Casey's description, with a hat and sunglasses, in the process of what might have been suspicious behavior.

He was rather graphic about what he'd seen, gesturing with his hand to his forehead to demonstrate how the woman he saw almost banged her head on the lid of the trunk as she was getting something out or putting something in.

I remember immediately thinking, he reminds of Casey, with the detailed description and the dramatic gesture, and how when people lie, they tend to give more information than they would perhaps need to, to flesh the lie out and give it more illusion of substance. We see how often Casey got people to at least pretend to buy her strange stories with that type of elaboration.

Then I was like, and why isn't the driver of the vehicle this guy was a passenger in not appearing next to this guy to corroborate his story? Is the detail this guy is describing more likely to a 'mistruth' or a rather lucid recollection? Does the fact that he's on camera to tell his story alone and without the one person who could add credibility to his claim mean as much as I suspect it does?

That one video bit of that guy bringing his hand up to his head to show how the woman he saw did it made the various show circuits, then pretty much dropped off the radar. I'm still not sure what to make of his story, but I tend to think perhaps he was making it up for 15 seconds of fame and a whole mess of crack. IMO.

If any of this were true we'd certainly expect to see the names of the alleged witnesses on the SA's witness list, right?
:crazy:

This is BS....what about the 2.6 days of decomp in the trunk???? If she supposedly drove around trying to find a place to murder Caylee - why would she murder her in the woods and then put her in the trunk for 2+ days????

No way do I believe this. If KC went to the trouble of searching out a spot to kill Caylee and finally found one 5 miles from home, she wouldn't then return the body to the trunk of the car and cart it around for another few weeks before dumping it. This makes no sense at all and is not true.

Maybe she returned Caylee to the trunk so she could then put Caylee's dead body back into the car seat, and then try to blow up the car with the gas from the gas cans, or run the car with Caylee's body into a river or lake and then pretend that it was an accident and collect insurance money if she could get away with it. Not only could she explain Caylee's death to her family more easily, but she could also get money out of it.

However, following through on this may have turned out to be more trouble than lazy KC expected. Or, perhaps she delayed because she wanted to be sure she did it right so Caylee's cause of death would not be asphixiation, but be determined as uncertain if the body was too damaged in a car explosion, or too decayed if submerged in water long enough.

Wasn't Caylee in the trunk for 2.6 days because GA almost discovered her while he was trying to get KC to give back the gas cans? Which caused KC to panic and quickly dump Caylee's body into the woods near Suburban. She was either thinking she could go back and follow through on one of the plans above or she got too absorbed / lazy with her new life with TL and came up with the zany Nanny story. KC had probably wanted to stage the explosion as soon as possible after the murder, but maybe couldn't find a safe location to do it in, and became overwhelmed with the logistics of it all, or she got too lazy or busy with TL, AH, etc.

Do any of the doc dumps have the complete list of KC's google searches e.g. car explosions, drownings in submerged car? Or maybe she didn't do a google search and simply was going to rely from memory on a CSI show she had seen?

Also I have to go and check the cell phone ping timeline for between approximately 3 and 4 pm for that day to see if KC was five miles away from the A home or not.....

.....That one video bit of that guy bringing his hand up to his head to show how the woman he saw did it made the various show circuits, then pretty much dropped off the radar. I'm still not sure what to make of his story, but I tend to think perhaps he was making it up for 15 seconds of fame and a whole mess of crack. IMO.
Yes, you have to wonder in such a high profile case whether it brings all the crackpots out of the woodwork just to get a bit of attention and infamy. Maybe they are wishfully thinking they can collect some reward money too for supplying a tip, although you have to wonder how they would expect their stories to hold up in court.

Then again I feel sorry for anyone who truly does see something and wants to help out. I can understand the police wanting to protect the identity of anyone who is willing to be a witness in such a high profile case such as this. The witness would have to be willing to tarred and feathered and go through the public wringer of doubt and incredulity. Let alone put up with being caught in the crossfire between the defense and the prosecution. I personally would not want to be caught in the Anthony crosshairs eg. JG, RK!

Isn't the Casselberry WalMart about 5 miles north of the Anthony home or thereabouts? Time to get out the google earth map...

Hi CecyBeans
The Casselberry Wal Mart (in Seminole County) is roughly 12-15 miles north of the A's home.
I would guess it would take her about 20-30 mins to drive to that location from the A's.

You must be thinking of the Wal Mart Super Center on Colonial/SR 50 & Rouse Rd which is about 5 miles north of the A's home.
Also, there is another Wal Mart SuperCenter on S.Goldenrod but it may be a newer store.

I have been following this case from the beginning and I went to one of the searches that TES had, I am so tired of all these people wanting their 15 minutes of fame, if a witness truly saw CA on the side of the ride at the location where the baby was found this would have came out a long time ago! Because where TES was searching was miles from the location, I just hope this trial comes to Palm Beach County and I get jury duty:furious:I would gladly take pay of fifteen dollars a day to sit on this trial

I want to tell everyone here at Websleuths the Caylee case brought me here last year mainly as a lurker, but I really enjoy reading everyones thoughts and opinions and this forum has really got me into reading all of the stories on here, I think everyone here makes a difference in information and sleuthing:innocent: I hear things here way before they are reported in then news, it is difference of opinion and everyones different views make this forum so great, I am an exclusive Websleuths lurker and poster!!

What kind of evidence would there be in an attempted drowning 31 days after the fact? :waitasec:

KC trecked into the woods to kill, carried the body out, put it in the trunk, drove around for about 3 days and then dumped it near her house? Thought - maybe she knew someone had seen her so she couldn't leave the body there. Nah. As much as we would love an eye witness, JVM's post can't be ignored; the cell ping records do not support the NE story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member