Patricia Garrido

In that article from SFGate.com, his brother is also quoted as saying this:

"My brother could do no wrong in my mother's eyes. I'm sure he told her some story and she bought the whole thing," the older brother said."
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/28/MNHQ19EU4O.DTL#ixzz0RV6q8FOh

It sounds to me like he wouldn't have had to give her much of any explanation, assuming she would have even questioned anything he did and his own brother is saying that's doubtful. So, regardless of her physical and mental state now, it seems pretty clear that she (at the very least) turned the other cheek to things going on in that house.

and then there is this other blurb just before that article section:

There was one suspicious incident. In 2007, Ron Garrido said, an aunt told him that Phillip Garrido had visited her in Brentwood and brought along two young girls. He said they were neighbors' children and that he was babysitting.
"My aunt told me, 'I swear that oldest girl is his daughter. She's got his eyes,' " Ron Garrido remembered.

So, then he was also bringing the girls around other relatives and telling them a totally different story that they were neighbor's kids that he was babysitting? Again, apparently, no one - not relatives or neighbors - talked to each other and compared stories.

In that article from SFGate.com, his brother is also quoted as saying this:

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/28/MNHQ19EU4O.DTL#ixzz0RV6q8FOh

It sounds to me like he wouldn't have had to give her much of any explanation, assuming she would have even questioned anything he did and his own brother is saying that's doubtful. So, regardless of her physical and mental state now, it seems pretty clear that she (at the very least) turned the other cheek to things going on in that house.

and then there is this other blurb just before that article section:

So, then he was also bringing the girls around other relatives and telling them a totally different story that they were neighbor's kids that he was babysitting? Again, apparently, no one - not relatives or neighbors - talked to each other and compared stories.
Relatives who knew that he had been convicted of kidnapping and rape...Relatives that should be locked up right beside him!

MOO

Also, you would think that if Patricia thought these girls were her grandchildren she would have told other relatives about the arrival of the girls into her life. But, apparently, she didn't say anything if Phillip was able to completely make up another story about their existence. Also, there was that neighbor Helen Boyer - who has stated she was Patricia's friend - she also says that she was led to believe that the girls were just being babysat by Nancy and/or Phillip. If this woman was cognizant enough to cover up the "grandchildren" story with a story about "babysitting", then she was cognizant enough to know something was not right, IMO.

This woman raised her son to be a kidnapping rapist. I don't put much stock into anything she has to say pre or post dementia. She lived with Jaycee for almost 20 years for crying out loud.

MOO

You wonder what effect it had on the girls when they had their father (and others) lying about who they were right in front of them. In 2007, when they met the relatives, they were surely old enough to understand what was being said and to tune into conversations, while when they were toddlers, perhaps not. As for Jaycee, it's really a miracle if she's come out of this whole and intact as a person - - with all the lies and the covering-up, torn emotions, and torn allegiances, it would be easy to lose your sense of self.

As for Jaycee, it's really a miracle if she's come out of this whole and intact as a person - - with all the lies and the covering-up, torn emotions, and torn allegiances, it would be easy to lose your sense of self.

What makes you think she did?

I am amazed how patricia was once pretty and put together, now she looks like a homeless person.........IMO
and her housekeeping! OMG, IMO........

I am amazed how patricia was once pretty and put together, now she looks like a homeless person.........IMO
and her housekeeping! OMG, IMO........
Do you mean Nancy the wife? I haven't seen any younger pictures of Patricia the mother.

I found this:

http://www.veromi.net/Summary.asp?f...y=&state=CA&age=&vw=&Search=&Input=&x=19&y=14

I think it may have already been discussed but did anyone figure out who Wade, Virginia (66) is???

Looking on Veromi and not paying (!!!!), here's what I found

WADE, VIRGINIA (Age 66)

Associated names:

WADE, AGNES V
Available PITTSBURG, CA
BAY POINT, CA
DOWNERS GROVE, IL
ANTIOCH, CA

Possible Relatives:

WADE, ERNEST R
WADE, ERNEST R

Possible Roommates / Associates:

GARRIDO, PHILLIP C (Age 53)
GARRIDO, NANCY D (Age 55)
FRANZEN, HERSCHEL J
FRANZEN, HERSCHEL J (Age 39)

WADE, VIRGINIA (Age 66)

Associated names:

WADE, AGNES V
Available PITTSBURG, CA
BAY POINT, CA
DOWNERS GROVE, IL
ANTIOCH, CA

Possible Relatives:

WADE, ERNEST R
WADE, ERNEST R

FRANZEN, HERSCHEL J
Interesting. It sounds like she may have lived with them for a time. Strange that her name has not come up. Also, I wornder if the 39 years is correct for Herschel Franzen...Could Franzen have had a son?

I wouldn't put too much time into analyzing those results. They are not that accurate usually. Some info is correct and some isn't.

What I didn't like was that it stated possible employment/business enterprises for PG and it listed THE PHILLIP C KNIGHT INSTITUTE Elementary and Secondary Schools.

JULIE

Interesting. It sounds like she may have lived with them for a time. Strange that her name has not come up. Also, I wornder if the 39 years is correct for Herschel Franzen...Could Franzen have had a son?

Those are most likely children and/or grandchildren of the mother's second husband. If they stayed there it would have been before PG moved in.

Those are most likely children and/or grandchildren of the mother's second husband. If they stayed there it would have been before PG moved in.
Not likely. For whatever reason, they ARE listed as part of his "business venture" - religious school. I assume, as you do, that they are/were probably family of Patricia's second husband but in the link I posted, they are also (clear as day)) linked to him and his phoney religious "business".

MOO

Mike Shelton rented the house next door to the Garridos from a guy named Jack. Phillip’s mother was a retired real estate agent and handled the transaction for Jack. The Sheltons believe that Jack lived on the Garrido property but they cannot say for sure. Phillip’s mother also lived on the property with her son and the Sheltons feel that the mother must have known something about Jaycee and the children.

Full article: http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v...localnews&om=1

WADE, VIRGINIA (Age 66)

Associated names:

WADE, AGNES V
Available PITTSBURG, CA
BAY POINT, CA
DOWNERS GROVE, IL
ANTIOCH, CA

Possible Relatives:

WADE, ERNEST R
WADE, ERNEST R

FRANZEN, HERSCHEL J

There's a lot of info like this posted in the first discussion thread in this forum. I'm pointing this out because that is where the 'family tree' was discussed - there's a post that mentions Herschel Franzen's older age (he was in his 70's or 80's when he died), names of his kids, etc. in case it helps you.

In the most recent post to the Timeline thread, MrsGibson asked if it was known how Herschel J. Franzen died. Does anyone know the circumstances? Old age, or other causes?

This new info from MBK is quite the revelation. At least I don't think we have yet heard about Agnes V. (Virginia) and Ernest R. Wade?

I couldn't agree more with Dr. Doogie, I did the math also and came up with the same conclusion. Patricia Garrido had to know about Jaycee, at the very least, that it was not a daughter from a former relationship. And the sudden appearance of a pregnant Jaycee and infants, come on people, who is this lady trying to kid? According to the brother Phillip could do no wrong in his mother's eyes. And speaking of his brother and father, how is it his brother and father didn't know about the girl(s) for 18 freakin' years? His own Aunt told the brother that one of them looked like Phillip when he was claiming they were someone elses. Why, why, why, when at least two of his family members, the brother and the father, KNEW in their own words, that "he was a fruitcake", did they all sit back and let a convicted rapist (which they ALL KNEW he was), have access to these children that none of them could really account for. I wonder, was there ever a milk carton in their houses with Jaycee's picture on it, or a newspaper, or did they shop at walmart and see the missing childrens posters, somehwere along the 18 years??? Holy crap, there are soooooo many people to blame for not suspecting something, (and for not doing something about it) it's just unbelievable! If there is anything to be learned from this whole tragedy, I think it can be summed up in a simple word: apathy. Lots of people knew that things weren't right and lots of people either did nothing, didn't follow through, or gave up to soon. Let it be a lesson to all of us, children deserve better.

Bumping this thread for the benefit of those on the Nancy Garrido thread...
I don't know. My great-aunt, who has Alzheimer's, could remember certain things about the past with astonishing clarity . . . the present, even 5 minutes ago, was not at all clear. Sometimes it's not a constant thing.

As I've stated before on this forum, it could be that the mother had early onset Alzheimer's. We'll see. It's obvious that Garrido was extremely manipulative, and it may be that she was as much a captive as the girls.

It's hard to imagine that someone who had put care into her home - - the furnishings and drapes are quite nice - - would let her son get it so run down and squalid. As someone suggested, that in itself is evidence of elder abuse.

One particular detail is intriguing - - - he, unlike so many other abusers of seniors, did not get her to put the house in his name!

If Patricia Garrido DID know what was going on, that adds to the horror . . . but what do we know about her as a mother . . . not that I'd EVER make excuses for Phillip Garrido

BBM. This is typical of Alzheimer's. I did my graduate research on it.

Not that I'm defending her... :hand: but, there are patients with Alzheimer's out there who continue to drive, unless they are stopped. Her physical abilities to drive a car have nothing to do with her mental abilities. Prime Example- my grandmother, who exhibited all the signs of Alzheimer's, but was never formally diagnosed, would drive her car somewhere, forget she'd driven and take the bus home! One time she parked in front of a liquor store, the police towed her car, and my father had to retrieve it from the impound lot.

This has been bothering me.

Phillip moved in with his mother Patricia at the Walnut Street address after he was released from the halfway house in Oakland (November/December 1988). Since he married Nancy while in prison, I assume that she also moved in at the same time.

In 1991, he and Nancy take a trip to Lake Tahoe and return with an eleven year old girl. Although the above article does not specific state this, a post above says that Garrido explained to his mother that this girl (Jaycee, who he called Allisa) was his daughter from a previous relationship.

Do you see where I am going with this? 1991 minus eleven years minus nine months of pregnancy means that his so-called daughter would have had to have been conceived in approximately 1979/1980. Garrido was in prison from 1976 until 1988!

This cover story is so patently ridiculous that it raises the question: How much did Patricia Garrido know and how much should she have known? And even if she was so math defecient that she did not recognize the inconsistency of Phillip's story, how did she rationalize away: (1) Why did Garrido's eleven year old "daughter" not attend school?, and (2) If the "daughter" never left the property, how did she become pregnant - once in 1995 and once in 1999?

I know that she currently has dementia and has been so afflicated for approximately the last eight years, but that does not explain her actions between 1991 and 2001. If the above details are correct, then this woman was an accomplaice just like Nancy. And if she quietly sat by when Garrido perpetrated his horrors on Jaycee, what other horrors did she allow on her property before 1991?

This is such a great post that I wanted to bump it. It answers many of the recent questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back