Patrol: 5 die in limousine fire on Calif. bridge

I don't think anybody suggested it was intentionally set. However I don't understand why they claim driver was not on the phone when his ex-wife says he was, and surviving victim says he was.

I wonder how big the limo service company is. Remember that 19 year old that was on his cell & swerved over the middle line of the highway, hitting anothr car that killed a man? He got something like 15 years in jail & huge monetary fine. Plus I'm sure the victims family sued the insurance company.

From your link Jjenny....thanks for posting.....

"The couple have four children and separated about a month before the fire on the San Mateo Bridge. Hernandez-Brown called police hours before the blaze to report that Brown had kicked and dented her car during an argument. He had left the scene before police arrived."

"We need to follow up on this," Karen Guidotti, chief deputy San Mateo County district attorney told the newspaper when told of its finding. Police had not previously spoken with Hernandez-Brown."

I cannot believe they hadn't spoken to the ex-wife yet.....

Why would the police need to speak with the ex-wife of (basically) a guy whose car caught fire? It is not a crime to be the victim of a tragic accident.

A while back I remember that one of the survivors stated that the driver was talking on the phone, ignoring the passengers while they were screaming for him to stop the car - fire was engulfing the passenger compartment and they were being asphyxiated. The idea that there wAs a fight with the ex makes me think that he was distracted while on the phone with her - passengers could have been saved had he been more attentive.

I guess it doesn't make any difference now but I just expected that the phone call/argument could have been a factor.

Why would the police need to speak with the ex-wife of (basically) a guy whose car caught fire? It is not a crime to be the victim of a tragic accident.
Because that's who he was arguing with on the phone, and also who he called before calling 911. Clearly he was obsessed with her and not paying full attention when the fire broke out. He even turned up the music in the car so the passengers wouldn't hear him arguing.

here's the link:

"I saw smoke in the back of the car," she said. "There is a smoke, there is smoke... Stop the car, stop the car. I told you, there is smoke...I said, 'Open the door.' But he didn't do anything. He was on the phone."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/RAW-VIDEO-Limo-Fire-Survivor-Describes-Ordeal--206370031.html

Yep. Survivor said he was on the phone, and ex-wife said he was on the phone. So it's confusing. Perhaps he already ended the phone call before the fire started?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back