Paul McCartney & Heather Mills split

capps said:
I think Paul was still in the grieving stages over Linda,when he was first smitten by Heather. I believe he was subconsciously comparing Heather to Linda (tall,blonde,has other passionate interests), Heather fit well as a Linda clone.

Unfortunately,I don't think Linda and Heather had the same personality ... and it took a while for Paul to realize that. Too bad for the both of them.
I agree with that. It is just really sad that it took four years and a child for him to realize that.

I just read an article a few days ago that she was at their coastal home and that they were still very much a couple.

JMHO

Hello, Goodbye To £200m?

Sir Paul McCartney's failed marriage to Heather Mills could cost him a cool £200m legal experts say.

One lawyer said the former Beatle will be "bloody sorry" he did not get a pre-nuptial agreement signed.

Sir Paul, Britain's richest musician who made £48.5m last year, is facing what promises to be one of the country's biggest ever divorce cases.
"But you ask any ordinary person in the street whether they think Lady McCartney should get £200 million after a four year marriage.

http://tinyurl.com/ksw3j

For those interested, £200m would work out to 377,329,066.11 USD.

This is why IMO people should marry someone closer to their own age. Paul and Heather are at totally different phases in their lives, neither are wrong for wanting to do the things they want. He's ready to slow down and she's still energetic and ambitious. It's only natural that they are that way.

I remember when Eric Clapton married his current wife. She was in her mid 20's and he's around Paul's age. I remember thinking "WTF do they even have in common, she's young enough to be his child, maybe grandchild." It wasn't sour grapes on my part either. But they have 2 or 3 kids now so I guess they are still going strong. EC doesn't tour much now though. :(

capps said:
Rachael,

I agree.
I think Paul was still in the grieving stages over Linda,when he was first smitten by Heather. I believe he was subconsciously comparing Heather to Linda (tall,blonde,has other passionate interests), Heather fit well as a Linda clone.

Unfortunately,I don't think Linda and Heather had the same personality ... and it took a while for Paul to realize that. Too bad for the both of them.

I tend to agree with this.. Paul and Linda seemed inseparable and had a lot in common.. Heather could not fill her shoes. I think Paul jumped to fast into this relationship.. Maybe he's one of these guys that "needs" a woman and hates being single..

From the pics I've seen of Heather, she didn't look happy.. I personally don't care for her...

PaperDoll said:
I tend to agree with this.. Paul and Linda seemed inseparable and had a lot in common.. Heather could not fill her shoes. I think Paul jumped to fast into this relationship.. Maybe he's one of these guys that "needs" a woman and hates being single..

From the pics I've seen of Heather, she didn't look happy.. I personally don't care for her...

To me it seems like Linda was a real "earthy" person, she seemed pretty much no frills. I don't think she was into fancy stuff which Heather may be. I don't know a lot about either woman honestly. I do think the age difference was pretty big too. I agree with the poster who said that they are at different points in their lives. They really are. He's at the age where he probably wants to just sit back and enjoy life.

Floh said:
He isn't an angel. i have no doubt Heather will be painted forever as the wicked step mother and a gold digger, which i believe to be unfair. but what will happen -- is happening.

More background:

Is it back to the lonely hearts club for Macca?

According to those who know them well, the couple are simply incompatible. They want different things. At 38, Heather remains incredibly ambitious for herself and is a vocal and passionate animal rights campaigner.

Highly commendable, but Heather is so passionate about such causes and so energetic that Sir Paul has trouble keeping up. Having achieved so much already, he would like to slow down, unwind from time to time with a spliff perhaps, if only Heather would let him. (She refused to marry him unless he gave up his cannabis habit.)

http://tinyurl.com/f6b5y

I didn't say he was an angel and I didn't say she was a gold digger.

nanandjim said:
Maybe, his drug use played into the divorce.
That is something that I WOULD NOT tolerate in any way. I would be totally freaked out if I saw any of it in my house or knew my husband was still doing it! JMO! Of course, I know that no one is accusing him of still being involved with drugs. I am just giving my viewpoint about how I would feel if this was going on in my marriage.

kato said:
I didn't say he was an angel and I didn't say she was a gold digger.

LOL -- i know you didn't and i'm sorry if it looked as tho i was suggesting you did either. :dance:

i am sure in the days (month, years) to come all will be piled against Heather -- and i'm not suggesting you are up for a pile-on either.

it will be generally accepted as such, i believe.

Floh said:
LOL -- i know you didn't and i'm sorry if it looked as tho i was suggesting you did either. :dance:

i am sure in the days (month, years) to come all will be piled against Heather -- and i'm not suggesting you are up for a pile-on either.

it will be generally accepted as such, i believe.

Ok, cool.

nanandjim said:
But this is your opinion. It wouldn't bother you, but it would be cause for divorce in this household. Heck, cigarette smoking would probably be cause for divorce here! That goes for either partner (my husband or me).

The article says that Heather insisted that he give up pot before she would marry him. So, if she were that against marijuana use before the wedding, nothing would change after the wedding. Plus, now they have a child to consider.

One more thing: Marijuana is still against the law in most places. So, even if you feel that it is better than drinking, you are putting yourself in jeopardy.
Exactly! Good post nan. This is how I would look at the situation myself. I bet we will find out soon if this was a problem in their relationship. I am saddened by the split. I thought they made an adorable couple.

Sally said:
I am always amused at stories like this. What an ego any man must possess to think that a beautiful woman thrity years his junior is marrying him for anything more than financial security.
Not true Sally. My husband is MUCH older that I am and I ADORE him. :blowkiss: He knows how to treat me and is so loving toward me and our children. I thought I would NEVER find love again after my first husband died. He is everything I could have ever dreamed about and more. I don't think I could go on if something happened to him! Of course with the age difference, that situation is a real possibility.

I am not in the least bit surprised that this marriage didn't last and that eventually Paul "woke up and smelt the coffee"!!

I don't care for Heather one bit. She says she was 'famous' before meeting Paul although most people had never heard of her, she's more famous for being 'Mrs McCartney'.

She hates not being in the limelight as much as he is. I saw an interview with her on TV once and she was asked "What is it like being married to Sir Paul McCartney" and her reply was "It's no big deal", she couldn't find it in herself to give one ounce of praise for him!

She met Paul and eventually became Lady Heather McCartney, just exactly what she set out to achieve! She stands to come out of this marriage with £200 million, and therefore has achieved her goals and ambitions!!! She knew exactly what she was doing when she married Paul.

Harsh I know, but I wish he could have met a genuine woman and not a gold digger!

lizziedripping said:
I am not in the least bit surprised that this marriage didn't last and that eventually Paul "woke up and smelt the coffee"!!

I don't care for Heather one bit. She says she was 'famous' before meeting Paul although most people had never heard of her, she's more famous for being 'Mrs McCartney'.

She hates not being in the limelight as much as he is. I saw an interview with her on TV once and she was asked "What is it like being married to Sir Paul McCartney" and her reply was "It's no big deal", she couldn't find it in herself to give one ounce of praise for him!

She met Paul and eventually became Lady Heather McCartney, just exactly what she set out to achieve! She stands to come out of this marriage with £200 million, and therefore has achieved her goals and ambitions!!! She knew exactly what she was doing when she married Paul.

Harsh I know, but I wish he could have met a genuine woman and not a gold digger!
I don't know their situation, but the same has been said about me. I have been accused of the same "gold digger" status and it sucks. Sometimes things are NOT as they seem. I think anytime a woman marries an older gentleman who has money, she is labeled a gold digger.
:furious: IMO just because he is older, doesn't mean he is not worth loving. I couldn't have found a better man for me if I had searched the world over twice, no matter what his age! Like some of the other posters have stated, time will tell if she is truly a "gold digger" or not. For the sake of the child, I hope they work it out. Maybe time apart will make each see a little clearer. The child is always the one who gets hurt the most. I wish all of the well.

personally I never really liked her-she seemed to be a tragedy queen and too MUCH-over the top when she talked..I didnt see them as compatible from the get go..but its also nothing I give thot to- only in retrospect do I say this..

As for her I hope I dont have to hear from her on talkshows..(well I dont-I will not watch), I hope she has dignity cuz to me she was lacking it.

newtv said:
personally I never really liked her-she seemed to be a tragedy queen and too MUCH-over the top when she talked..I didnt see them as compatible from the get go..but its also nothing I give thot to- only in retrospect do I say this..

As for her I hope I dont have to hear from her on talkshows..(well I dont-I will not watch), I hope she has dignity cuz to me she was lacking it.
Yeah, the talk show thing really is tacky.

He will not have any trouble at all getting another girlfriend/wife if that's what he wants. I just hope that if he does marry again that it will work out. He deserves a good companion.

carnation said:
He will not have any trouble at all getting another girlfriend/wife if that's what he wants. I just hope that if he does marry again that it will work out. He deserves a good companion.
Everyone does.
:D

deandaniellws said:
Not true Sally. My husband is MUCH older that I am and I ADORE him. :blowkiss: He knows how to treat me and is so loving toward me and our children. I thought I would NEVER find love again after my first husband died. He is everything I could have ever dreamed about and more. I don't think I could go on if something happened to him! Of course with the age difference, that situation is a real possibility.

Well, I'm glad you're in a happy marriage. But I stand by what I say. I wonder how attractive Paul would have been to Heather minus his millions?

deandaniellws said:
I don't know their situation, but the same has been said about me. I have been accused of the same "gold digger" status and it sucks. Sometimes things are NOT as they seem. I think anytime a woman marries an older gentleman who has money, she is labeled a gold digger.
:furious: IMO just because he is older, doesn't mean he is not worth loving. I couldn't have found a better man for me if I had searched the world over twice, no matter what his age! Like some of the other posters have stated, time will tell if she is truly a "gold digger" or not. For the sake of the child, I hope they work it out. Maybe time apart will make each see a little clearer. The child is always the one who gets hurt the most. I wish all of the well.
I never mentioned Pauls age, that doesn't interest me at all. I didn't say Heather was a gold digger because she married an older man did I? This is not about the 'older man' at all.

Time has already told that she is a gold digger, as I said in my post she has achieved her goals in life, courtesy of Paul McCartney. You have a husband whom you love and respect irrespective of his age & financial status, it's just a shame Heather couldn't have done the same.

And I too stand by what I say, "How attractive would Paul have been to Heather without his £800 million"!!

:clap:
lizziedripping said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back