Paul McCartney & Heather Mills split

Message from Paul

Go to News on his website: http://www.paulmccartney.com/main.php

in another message he also says media reports he's reading are almost 100% untrue.

it's not copy and pastable and i'm no typist. :blushing:

he's very unhappy it's been suggested Heather married him for his money. not an ounce of truth in it, he says.

he's very supportive of her.

Edited to add:

Paul McCartney has denied his estranged wife, Heather Mills, married him for his money.

"By now you will have probably heard the unfortunate news that Heather and I are going our separate ways.

He fumed: "It's been suggested that she married me for the money and there is not an ounce of truth in this. She is a very generous person who spends most of her time trying to help others in greater need than herself.

"All the work she does is unpaid so these stories are ridiculous and completely unfounded. I'm very sad to see that some insensitive people would choose a moment like this to spread these vicious rumours."

The 'Love Me Do' songwriter told fans the split was a last resort - but feel it is the best way to protect their child, two-year-old Beatrice.

He wrote: "Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways.

"Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives, and we have actively tried to protect the privacy of our child."

He concluded: "We hope, for the sake of our baby daughter that we will be given some space and time to get through this difficult period."

http://tinyurl.com/hdtzp

"Friends of the 63-year-old musician revealed that he looked into the possibility of a pre-nuptial agreement shortly before his wedding in June 2002 but then abandoned the idea.

Sir Paul and Heather, 38, have always claimed they were too much in love to pursue the idea of such a deal.

According to a source, Sir Paul's former publicist Geoff Baker did look into a pre-nuptial agreement. However, the source added: "Geoff discovered it wouldn't be legal in this country."

It is not known how Sir Paul's vast fortune will be divided should the couple divorce. The source said: "If they do divorce, this is going to cost Paul a fortune. He doesn't have anything in place to protect his assets and estates, which was something that always worried the kids."

A leading divorce lawyer said: "She is not entitled to his Beatles and Wings fortune but he has enjoyed huge success in the four years they have been together.

"His earnings are in the region of £25million a year at the moment. So she can expect half of £100million. But because he is worth so much more she is also entitled to a certain standard of living. She would also receive a huge maintenance payment for their daughter. She will be entitled to in the region of £200million."

(SEE LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=386165&in_page_id=1773

Sounds like Paul just wants some peace and quiet in life!

It will probably turn out that Heather has been "hanging out" with someone her own age - perhaps a fellow PETA member?

Floh said:
Message from Paul

Go to News on his website: http://www.paulmccartney.com/main.php

in another message he also says media reports he's reading are almost 100% untrue.

it's not copy and pastable and i'm no typist. :blushing:

he's very unhappy it's been suggested Heather married him for his money. not an ounce of truth in it, he says.

he's very supportive of her.

Edited to add:

Paul McCartney has denied his estranged wife, Heather Mills, married him for his money.

"By now you will have probably heard the unfortunate news that Heather and I are going our separate ways.

He fumed: "It's been suggested that she married me for the money and there is not an ounce of truth in this. She is a very generous person who spends most of her time trying to help others in greater need than herself.

"All the work she does is unpaid so these stories are ridiculous and completely unfounded. I'm very sad to see that some insensitive people would choose a moment like this to spread these vicious rumours."

The 'Love Me Do' songwriter told fans the split was a last resort - but feel it is the best way to protect their child, two-year-old Beatrice.

He wrote: "Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways.

"Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives, and we have actively tried to protect the privacy of our child."

He concluded: "We hope, for the sake of our baby daughter that we will be given some space and time to get through this difficult period."

http://tinyurl.com/hdtzp

If she's not into his money, then she should have no problem with leaving said money alone. She should expect and receive a decent settlement, enough for her and the baby to live comfortably for the rest of their lives, but not hundreds of millions of dollars. If not, let's see if he changes his tune about her if/when she demands half his money.

IMO, she shouldn't get what was his before the marriage, that money should go to his kids as their mother was with him for all those years. Hopefully she won't get any of that, like the above article suggested.

I wonder: could Heather Mills McCartney become the most despised woman on the planet? :doh:

lizziedripping said:
I am not in the least bit surprised that this marriage didn't last and that eventually Paul "woke up and smelt the coffee"!!

I don't care for Heather one bit. She says she was 'famous' before meeting Paul although most people had never heard of her, she's more famous for being 'Mrs McCartney'.

She hates not being in the limelight as much as he is. I saw an interview with her on TV once and she was asked "What is it like being married to Sir Paul McCartney" and her reply was "It's no big deal", she couldn't find it in herself to give one ounce of praise for him!

She met Paul and eventually became Lady Heather McCartney, just exactly what she set out to achieve! She stands to come out of this marriage with £200 million, and therefore has achieved her goals and ambitions!!! She knew exactly what she was doing when she married Paul.

Harsh I know, but I wish he could have met a genuine woman and not a gold digger!

i must agree with you....them splitting up doesn't suprise me at all..

"I wonder: could Heather Mills McCartney become the most despised woman on the planet?"

Nah, not as long as Yoko Ono is alive. And what about Camilla?

Lots running in that particular category LOL

If she behaves badly she might get an honorable mention though

Floh said:
Ironically, Paul is 64 next month!

"Will you still need me, will you still feed me, When I'm sixty-four"

That's interesting isn't it!! Paul looks so old but he looks like he has had a face lift because his face is as smooth as a baby's butt :D But, to me, he looks a lot older then his 64 years. I will never understand why young women marry old men :confused: I guess we will find out if it is spelled M O N E Y.

AlwaysShocked said:
"I wonder: could Heather Mills McCartney become the most despised woman on the planet?"

OMG............ Don't get me going on Camilla, I'll be here all day, now that is one despised woman!!! :eek:

AlwaysShocked said:

hahah..hey, i never had a problem w/Yoko....i'm a big fan of Lennon's..WAY more so than McCartney, btw, & i never despised her...didn't care for her singing, but hey......

Floh said:
He isn't an angel. i have no doubt Heather will be painted forever as the wicked step mother and a gold digger, which i believe to be unfair. but what will happen -- is happening.

More background:

Is it back to the lonely hearts club for Macca?

According to those who know them well, the couple are simply incompatible. They want different things. At 38, Heather remains incredibly ambitious for herself and is a vocal and passionate animal rights campaigner.

Highly commendable, but Heather is so passionate about such causes and so energetic that Sir Paul has trouble keeping up. Having achieved so much already, he would like to slow down, unwind from time to time with a spliff perhaps, if only Heather would let him. (She refused to marry him unless he gave up his cannabis habit.)

http://tinyurl.com/f6b5y

One of the world's most revered potheads, Paul McCartney not only smoked cannabis most of his life, he also wrote songs about it ("Got to Get You Into My Life," "Fixing a Hole") & got busted for it - famously spending 9 days in prison in Japan in 1980. But last year the 63 yr old musician admitted that marijuana was no longer in his life. "I have quite a liberal view on drugs", he reported, "but i find that I prefer to be straight".

Clearly, Sir Paul had "a little help" from his wife of 3 yrs in reaching that conclusion. Heather Mills, 38, recently explained to the The Observer in London that she disapproves of her husband's puffing past & wouldn't have married the Beatle "if he was taking drugs. I hate it. I could not have him lying to our child (2 yr old Beatrice) & then going out for a sneaky puff."

Mills claims to have "never taken drugs in her life," in contrast to Paul & Linda - his previous wife of more than 30 years (she died in 1998) - who Mills says "smoked (cannabis) every day," adding that she herself would "go wacky" if she ever turned on.

So will weed still need Paul when he's 64 (on June 18)?

June issue of High Times magazine....

close_enough said:
hahah..hey, i never had a problem w/Yoko....i'm a big fan of Lennon's..WAY more so than McCartney, btw, & i never despised her...didn't care for her singing, but hey......
A Melly, Melly Kissmis and a Hoppy New Year! I still love listening to John Lennon. I think that he and Yoko really had a deep, timeless love for each other.

JMHO

tennessee said:
A Melly, Melly Kissmis and a Hoppy New Year! I still love listening to John Lennon. I think that he and Yoko really had a deep, timeless love for each other.

JMHO

LOL...one of my all time favorite tunes!

i agree about their love, tennessee....he was, & still is imo, great.....

Heather wasn't no fool. She had a child. Seals the deal. His kids hated her. She does good work with landminds, but does she really care or what the publicity? Hard to say. I too believe she made Paul go, you ain't all that!

"Update: Official statement
The couple, who have been married for four years, said they had "with sadness" agreed to split after finding it "increasingly difficult" to maintain a normal relationship in the glare of the public eye.
"Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," they said.
"Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives...."

I think the statement they are giving the public is a cop out.

I'm not condoning what the media does,they are over the top and should be curtailed some how.But in this case...nothing has changed media wise in the last forty something years since Paul picked up a guitar and Beatlemania began,this is nothing new to him.In fact I think it was worse when he was married to Linda,and somehow they made it through.As far as Heather,she had to know marriage to Paul would not be your run of the mill normal marriage.In fact it could have been worse,it's not like Paul and Heather were on the cover of every magazine every other week.

Instead of just being honest and saying their marriage just didn't work out,they had to blame someone ... and they did.The media.

capps said:
The couple, who have been married for four years, said they had "with sadness" agreed to split after finding it "increasingly difficult" to maintain a normal relationship in the glare of the public eye.
"Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," they said.
"Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives...."

I'm not condoning what the media does,they are over the top and should be curtailed some how.But in this case...nothing has changed media wise in the last forty something years since Paul picked up a guitar and Beatlemania began,this is nothing new to him.In fact I think it was worse when he was married to Linda,and somehow they made it through.As far as Heather,she had to know marriage to Paul would not be your run of the mill normal marriage.In fact it could have been worse,it's not like Paul and Heather were on the cover of every magazine every other week.

Instead of just being honest and saying their marriage just didn't work out,they had to blame someone ... and they did.The media.

You're right people need to take responsibility for their own actions. The blame game gets old.

capps said:

Capps,

I agree I think it's kind of a low blow to blame the media. Stars always seem to have a love-hate relationship with the media. They are only too happy to take advantage of their fame and profit from their noteriety or use it to promote their pet causes but when something goes amiss or they just get annoyed, they blast the media. Publicity is nothing new for Paul and he certainly hasn't dominated any tabloids or gossip columns that I know of recently. Who knows why their marriage is breaking up? I think it's a big cop out and I think it's a shame they had to raise the media card in explaining their break-up. They don't owe anyone an explanation anyway.

Eve

Eve,

That's right.
A short blurb "We are going through a hard personal situation at this time,an would appreciate privacy.",would have sufficed.

I think it's ironic that Paul is giving all these statements in print,and then Paul and Heather give a mini press conference about their break up.Sounds pretty media savvy,considereing they claim it was the media that broke up their marriage in the first place.

Ah the limelight ....

The problem with the media was he had coverage and attention and she didnt.

She probably thought interest in him would translate into interest in her and her causes - didnt happen.

Believe she had a BIG Problem with that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back