penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can take at least 15 years of being on Death Row before the sentence is actually carried out. From what I've read, it's even a longer wait for a woman who is given the DP.

Good! I'd say about 35 years would be enough! JA would be a nice old version of herself so she'd be good to go.

I wonder if that mitigation lady is wearing that cross as a message to the jurors?

:seeya: I was thinking the same thing ... ya can't miss that Cross on her because she usually wears ummm ... very low cut clothing ...

I just watched the replay of the Victim statements. The ones where they show only Jodie Arias. A lot has been said that she is not really crying for anyone other than herself or not crying at all ,only acting.

This is only my opinion: I know through watching this trial that JA is the devil incarnate. She lies, manipulates, schemes, and frankly seems genuinely empty inside. I must admit , though, I do believe she was crying for the loss of Travis to this world. After all, who better than her is able to identify with this family's loss. She knew all these wonderful things about Travis and in those endless black nites his laughter, kindness, silliness, and inspiration will be the ONLY thing she will have to dwell on. Remember at one point JA Loved Travis for all of those things---so much so she could not bear the thought of him not Loving her back and moving on without her.

She has to live with the fact that she is the one who savagely ripped Travis from this world and all the people that loved him, and the lives of so many more he may have inspired had he lived.

At some point I have to believe this savage act will profoundly impact her at some point in her life. I only hope it happens quickly and the extreme guilt will send her over the edge.

Frankly life or death does not matter to me she is not worth one more second of thought. Travis is lost forever and that is the only loss that counts.:jail:

If she gets Life without parole, does that send her back to Estrella where she has play dates and friends and daily phone calls, and people Tweet for her? Like she is now?

I can't believe Darryl is testifying. What is he going to say?!!

"She took some weird pictures of me in the shower, but she didn't stab me 28 times. She stopped helping me pay the mortgage, but she didn't slit my throat. She left me for another man, but she didn't shoot me in the head. So don't give her the death penalty because she didn't kill me. Kay, thanks, bye."

does-not-get-it.gif

And DB is going to come in and talk about a "relationship" his son had with Jodi as his care giver? Give me a break--this is the same woman who stopped by in the AM for HALF AN HOUR to "visit" DB's son on her murder trip?

If you cared about the child, you would schedule a real visit--not drop in for gas cans and saying "hi" a half hour before the kid has to leave for school.

No but I will! Thanks!!

Seriously guys, where can I see lots of good pictures of Travis in LIFE? I can only seem to find one or two here and there.

ETA: And not video, I just want actual pictures. TIA!

Have you tried bing.com?

can anyone capture the pic of travis with his Grandmother. That was such a sweet picture and the horror KILLER caused her!!!

I wonder if that mitigation lady is wearing that cross as a message to the jurors?

I also thought her very slow arm movement over to the open container of altoids with its little paper covering sticking up was odd... I mean how many of those things can you sit and eat... weird

HMM...I guess Jodi LIED in that interview about Nurmi telling her that there were NO MITIGATING FACTORS to present.

Does she just enjoy lying?

Lieb..

She didn't lie.. They just had to make a few things up for today :floorlaugh:

If she gets Life without parole, does that send her back to Estrella where she has play dates and friends and daily phone calls, and people Tweet for her? Like she is now?

No--she's in a jail now. Prison is a lot bigger & rougher.

No because that's like a county jail .. she heads to Perryville for two years in maximum security almost like death row, after that she can be downgraded to medium, then minimum security over time.

I have to be honest- I never liked DB, nor found his testimony credible or honest- what is this mans problem?

I feel sorry for his ex wife... always have. What kind of a man downgrade's himself in a job (and pay) so he can basically screw a much younger girl/employee. He had a young son and would have needed to pay child support for that child- he took 1. a cut in pay and 2. put himself in a position to get away with claiming much less income for tax/support purposes... if he so chose- I bet he did. What a guy huh? Lie on the stand for a murderer with a teenage son. He must be so proud. I hope they show his face too- it should be mandatory- you want to speak? Show your face! I am... angry!

Didn't she also mention that daryl was an alcoholic and heavy smoker

by Bill Keveney, USA TODAY

Lifetime isn't wasting time in getting its Jodi Arias film on the air.

With the convicted murderer's trial still in its penalty phase, the cable network announced today that its true-crime movie, Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret, will premiere June 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

So now it's trash MOM time. Good God can she not take the responsibility for anything? She has wrecked so many lives and now it's time to wreck hers!

Just imagine Juan Martinez' s Bose CD Player, cued, up, good to go, parents' interview with Detective Flores about Jodi always lying that she had an abusive childhood, "THAT just never happened."

Juan Martinez is allowed to put forth rebuttal evidence and you can bet all the money in your pockets, whatever the defense has a witness say today, he will BLOW OUT OF THE WATER on rebuttal.

The sky will never have been so blue as it will be when Juan Martinez gets up to have the last word. He seems to have rather adopted this family of young people and he will be, as Janine Driver would enthusiastically say, "On Fire!"

I think the decision for death penalty will be easy for the jury. IN THIS situation, I really do. Juan Martinez is going to show a snippet from the recent interview that shows despite her demure look in court today, she is completely devoid of remorse, and indeed her truth is Travis had it coming. I really want them to see that! It removes all doubt, in my mind.

1) So are we paying for these two people the defense is bringing in, the same way we paid
for the experts the defense brought in?

2) I've never seen anyone wipe away a tear by swiping their finger across their neck.

Why is Wild About Trial replaying the earlier testimony of Steven and Samantha? Now I am hearing the initial jury instructions that were presented at the very beginning???
They went on break and then there was a replay but it is going backwards now. Anyone know what is going on, please? Thank you!

I can't believe Darryl is testifying. What is he going to say?!!

"She took some weird pictures of me in the shower, but she didn't stab me 28 times. She stopped helping me pay the mortgage, but she didn't slit my throat. She left me for another man, but she didn't shoot me in the head. So don't give her the death penalty because she didn't kill me. Kay, thanks, bye."

Will he be wearing one of the purple 'Survivor' t-shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewfSleuth