Penalty/Sentencing Phase

You know, after seeing that disgusting smirk on his face in the cop car yesterday pre-verdict, I think he honestly believed himself to be smarter than everyone else right up till he heard "GUILTY - GUILTY - GUILTY!"

He must have been shocked.

Wonder where that promise ring is today?

LOL..Tara Lintz better try and hock that claw machine promise ring:great:

Interesting video from Fox2 with Chet Pleban a well known semi controversial lawyer in the St Louis area. I loved his remark at the end that maybe the defense should've been 'no one could be this stupid' :applause:

classic! Maybe that was part of CC's MO--that no one would think it was him since it was so obvious that it WAS him....

nickpistor Nicholas J.C. Pistor
Coleman waives death penalty hearing; judge will sentence him at 1 #colemantrial

Haven't heard whether or not his family pled for him to be given life rather than death.

Decision is due at 1 p.m. I don't know whether to be shocked or not at CC's decision to not have a hearing. Was it to spare his family of testifying and pleading his case? Or was it because he's afraid of the jury who has already found him Guilty x3?

that is very surprising....probably didnt want to put his parents through it?
Also-does Sheri's family get to speak?

News said he waived his right to have a jury decide his fate. The judge told him that he knew more about this case than the jury and asked if he realized this and if it was still his choice to waive the jury trial.

My guess is that the judge was telling him he will give him the death penalty. Maybe that's what Chris prefers at this point. We'll know at 1:00.

Chris Hayes on Fox2
‎#colemantrial Coleman swallowed hard when attorney described "6x11 coffin (cell) with another man 23 hours a day, subjected to his cruelties

Chris said he looked at Chris C and he seemed to swallow hard at his piece of info............. :)

Chris Hayes on Fox2
‎#colemantrial Coleman swallowed hard when attorney described "6x11 coffin (cell) with another man 23 hours a day, subjected to his cruelties

Chris said he looked at Chris C and he seemed to swallow hard at his piece of info............. :)

-
music to all of our ears-he will live like a caged animal the rest of his pathetic life...

ChrisHayesTV Chris Hayes
#colemantrial Convict may not have wanted to sit through 2 days & many witnesses talking about him.

News said he waived his right to have a jury decide his fate. The judge told him that he knew more about this case than the jury and asked if he realized this and if it was still his choice to waive the jury trial.

I find this statement very interesting. What does the judge know and what has he seen that we haven't or the jury didn't? hhmmm....

As for the 1 p.m. decision time, that is my understanding from what the news is reporting. We shall see... however I would love to hear the Coleman family and others trying to plead his case. I also strongly believe Sheri's family should be allowed to make a victim's impact statement directly to CC.

so by tonight, CC is locked up forever-never to come to court again...

I think he will get the death penalty. I think the judge may be referring to things the jury was not allowed to hear but we caught a hint of...such as the fact that Coleman "beat" his wife (which one of Sheri's friends alluded to but it was stricken from the record), etc.

I have been following criminal cases for a long time, but it still blows my mind that a man (or woman for that matter) could kill their spouse and children for a "sex kitten." I know that people make bad choices...and maybe leave their families and betray their families and do crazy things....but to kill them with your own hands? I can hardly conceive it.....

If there was ever a death penalty case, this one is it....

I think he will get the death penalty. I think the judge may be referring to things the jury was not allowed to hear but we caught a hint of...such as the fact that Coleman "beat" his wife (which one of Sheri's friends alluded to but it was stricken from the record), etc.

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure the judge knows more than the jury and the public knows. Plus the fact that he made such an issue of pointing out to Coleman that he knew more than the jury knew............... makes me think dp for sure.

I think Sheri's family ought to have a right to make a victims impact statement - and he shoud be made to make eye contact throughout the statement.

Life in Prison without the possibility of parole. Judge, you copped out!

Life in Prison without the possibility of parole. Judge, you copped out!

in some ways yes...but in some ways no--Life in prison means he goes into the general population vs death row which usually separated from the general population--let the prisoners take some whacks at CC. He will be one of the most infamous prisoners they have seen in awhile....

in some ways yes...but in some ways no--Life in prison means he goes into the general population vs death row which usually separated from the general population--let the prisoners take some whacks at CC. He will be one of the most infamous prisoners they have seen in awhile....

I somewhat agree with that, and this may end up being a death sentence for CC. The Judges statement earlier was more like a veiled threat, IMO, as it seemed to say I'm sentencing you to death are you really sure you want just me deciding this. I would like to see Judges & Legislators stand up to Quinn though. Sure the system was broken, so fix it! Cases like these deserve the DP.

My guess is that the judge was telling him he will give him the death penalty. Maybe that's what Chris prefers at this point. We'll know at 1:00.

If the judge knew more about the case than the jury, is their ANY possibility he has seen specific texts and emails from Tara? I am SOOOO wanting to know if there is damning evidence that she was the architect and Chris was the triggerman. (It would actually have been so much kinder if it HAD been a trigger rather than a cord, which again makes me wonder if Tara was the architect of the plan. She seemed to have enormous passive aggressive anger toward Sheri. I wonder what went on in their high school years as far as competitiveness, resentment, etc. )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back