Penalty/Sentencing Phase

in some ways yes...but in some ways no--Life in prison means he goes into the general population vs death row which usually separated from the general population--let the prisoners take some whacks at CC. He will be one of the most infamous prisoners they have seen in awhile....

I wanted the dp, but then thought I wanted life. I'm glad I didn't have to decide. In a way, I can see life is a rougher sentence on Chris. Death may have been rougher on his family. Either way - he's off the streets and no longer enjoying life.

Wonder if Tara will stand by her man................ :floorlaugh: Sorry -I couldnt resist. :innocent: Wonder how Chris will feel when Tara lands another sucker....... Wonder if she will send him letters, or just one dear john letter......... Wonder if he'll get a new "girlfriend" in prison. He is going to spend the last of his days being scared out of his wits. After all, he was only "man" enough to kill his small wife and two small children. Big ole' Bubba will be another story.........

Life in Prison without the possibility of parole. Judge, you copped out!

If Sheri & the boys could speak from the grave, I have no doubt that regardless of what he did to them - they would have plead against the DP for CC. That's the difference between those four human beings and why it sucks that humanity must suffer (even in a small way) the one still alive and lose the grace and potential of the three no longer with us.

Chris Hayes on Fox2
‎#colemantrial Judge Wharton said "death" would've been symbolic decision that would've offered "no closure."

I can understand his logic somewhat, but why show CC mercy when CC himself showed his family none? I hope Sheri's family has peace with the judges decision.

Chris Hayes on Fox2
‎#colemantrial Judge Wharton said "death" would've been symbolic decision that would've offered "no closure."

I can understand his logic somewhat, but why show CC mercy when CC himself showed his family none? I hope Sheri's family has peace with the judges decision.

I wonder if he consulted with them as to their wishes?

I've missed this today--WOW! What a terrifying prospect CC has in front of him now. No protective custody as he would have on death row. Just that coffin/cell, subject to the cruelties of his cellie. He must be well and truly terrified.

I think if he had gotten the DP, he may have had some special treatment such as having the sentenced commuted by Quinn. With LWOP, then he can get on with it and go into population quicker. Become a target sooner.

The lame duck session of IL Congress are the ones who voted to abolish the DP, Quinn just made it so when he did not veto it. He said he used the Bible to make that decision. Now, where is the separation of Church and State?

I wonder if the judge figured that too-that it would a greater punishment in the short term to toss him into the general prison population....anyone hear where CC is headed for his permanent home?

This is the end of the road for me on this forum. Sheri was someone I loved. I have carried her picture in my wallet since she was a little girl. Thank you all for your insight, well-thought-out opinions, and for sharing news as it happened. Over the last two years, I often learned of developments in the case from this forum before I saw it anywhere else. I feel like you people aren't just trying to solve crimes on the web, but that you really care about the victims and their families. You folks are special, but solving crimes is not my main interest. This particular case was a main interest for me, from the time I heard the horrible news to when I saw the innocent strangled bodies in their caskets to the time I listened to the jury read the guilty verdict. But now it's over, and I will move on. I wish you all the best.

He's going to Joilet, IL to a prison called Stateville. Below is link to the article and prison
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/05/09/death-penalty-may-be-grounds-for-appeal-in-coleman-case/

Stateville Correctional Complex
http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/facilities/information.asp?instchoice=sta

MSNBC Lock-up Raw did a show about Stateville. Below is Wikpedia link
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stateville_Correctional_Center[/ame]

Found a transcript and video of MSNBC Lockup at Stateville
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6928998/ns/msnbc_tv-about_msnbc_tv/t/msnbc-investigates-stateville-feb/

video
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...cpkey=7e73984f-07f9-42bc-92cc-5ad2729dde39|||

This is the end of the road for me on this forum. Sheri was someone I loved. I have carried her picture in my wallet since she was a little girl. Thank you all for your insight, well-thought-out opinions, and for sharing news as it happened. Over the last two years, I often learned of developments in the case from this forum before I saw it anywhere else. I feel like you people aren't just trying to solve crimes on the web, but that you really care about the victims and their families. You folks are special, but solving crimes is not my main interest. This particular case was a main interest for me, from the time I heard the horrible news to when I saw the innocent strangled bodies in their caskets to the time I listened to the jury read the guilty verdict. But now it's over, and I will move on. I wish you all the best.

Best wishes--Sheri, the boys and her family will always be in my (our) prayers....

Thank you so much for your post! And yes, we really do care about Sheri and the boys! I look forward to meeting them in heaven someday. :rose:

I'm so glad you came here and shared with us, it means so much! :hug:

I've missed this today--WOW! What a terrifying prospect CC has in front of him now. No protective custody as he would have on death row. Just that coffin/cell, subject to the cruelties of his cellie. He must be well and truly terrified.

It doesn't hurt my feelings if he is terrified.

I'm so glad Sheri and the boys had their day in court and the jury saw the truth.

Garret and Gavin fell asleep every night safe in the knowledge that their mom and dad were there to protect them from harm. CC betrayed that innocent trust in the deepest possible way on the morning of May 5, 2008.

I am perfectly content to consider that CC may never again be able to sleep soundly without one eye open against impending danger.

Dear Mr. Fixit,

On behalf of Websleuths I want you to know how sorry we are for your loss. If by coming to the forum helped you in any way then we have done our job. Please know you are welcomed back at any time and if there is ever anything personally I can do for you please do not hesitate to email me.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com
tgrif@xmission.com

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Justice is served. The description of the coffin-like cell 23 hours a day for the rest of CC's natural life would be terrifying indeed - a lot more so than facing the lethal injection and being able to escape the cruelty of prison life. :behindbar

Sheri, Garrett and Gavin - all of you can rest in peace now.
:rose:

MOO

Justice is served. The Judge's description of the coffin-like cell 23 hours a day for the rest of CC's natural life would be terrifying indeed - a lot more so than facing the lethal injection and being able to escape the cruelty of prison life. :behindbar

Sheri, Garrett and Gavin - all of you can rest in peace now.
:rose:

MOO

That's what O'Gara the Coleman defense attorney said, not the Judge:)

<<SNIP>>

Defense Attorney John O’Gara took thirty minutes to address the court saying, the juries verdict is a death sentence, adding, Chris Coleman will die in prison.
“You know a life sentence condemns him to a six by eleven foot coffin where he’ll be with another man 23 hours a day. You know all too well what a horrible punishment it is to put a person in prison and know he will die there.”

<<SNIP>>

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/05/09/death-penalty-may-be-grounds-for-appeal-in-coleman-case/

Garret and Gavin fell asleep every night safe in the knowledge that their mom and dad were there to protect them from harm. CC betrayed that innocent trust in the deepest possible way on the morning of May 5, 2008.

I am perfectly content to consider that CC may never again be able to sleep soundly without one eye open against impending danger.

Worded perfectly. Well said.

I know it would never happen, but my wish would have been for CC to have to endure the exact pain and manner of death he forced upon his own flesh and blood. Even that would be too good for him.

Well, I'm not really disappointed with this sentence. Death would be too easy and I've no doubt CC still believes he'll go to heaven. Of course, I've no such delusions and I've no interest in his finding any comfort in even the thought of leaving this earth.

It's fine by me if he lives a long life behind bars, forced to remember those three beautiful souls every day. I really wonder if he's figured out yet that it wasn't worth it and never would have been.

This forum will be placed in Recently Sentenced and Beyond forum this coming weekend.

Here's the link: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81"]Archived Cases - Appeals, Books and Updates - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Once the civil trial starts, feel free to PM a moderator and we can move it back to the trials area. Anytime you hear of things going on with Coleman behind bars and want to post about it, please feel free! The forum will remain open.

Again, thank you all for caring about SHERI, GARRETT and GAVIN! :rose:

Well, I'm not really disappointed with this sentence. Death would be too easy and I've no doubt CC still believes he'll go to heaven. Of course, I've no such delusions and I've no interest in his finding any comfort in even the thought of leaving this earth.

It's fine by me if he lives a long life behind bars, forced to remember those three beautiful souls every day. I really wonder if he's figured out yet that it wasn't worth it and never would have been.
-
I hope he wakes up one day and realizes what he has done...of course him being a classic sociopath, I don't know that he has the ability to care...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back