Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBCNews NBC News
RT @PeterAlexander This weekend, copies of #Sandusky's autobiography, titled "Touched," sold out at #PennState campus bookstore.
8 hours ago
Retweeted by SPORTSbyBROOKS

http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS

...and dropped in a plastic sleeve so it can be sold on EBay sometime in the future. Gag. A twisted twist on murderabilia.

:cool:

not sure about the quality of the source so please remove if it doesn't meet the standard.
as if things weren't bad enough already....doesn't sound like his camp was too much fun.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/penn_state/second-mile-camp-had-cross-dressing-111411

But last week when the child sex abuse charges surfaced against Sandusky, Lehr started remembering Sandusky's 4-week Second Mile camp.

"It always seemed a little secretive," he says.

He says he never witnessed any inappropriate sexual contact, but witnessed some questionable activity.

"Camp counselors cross dressing for one of the evening events with children. The following year now they [had] some of the boys cross dressing," he says.

Lehr also said shower curtains would be taken down when Second Mile was at the camp.

Lehr has not been interviewed by state investigators on the Sandusky case, but he says if asked he would cooperate.

In some of these cases, sometimes a rage builds within me that could distract my purpose and reason for being a member of Websleuths.

But then, invariably, one of our members posts something that stops me in my tracks and reminds me.

cryinglion.jpg

Salute Strawberry.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...sky-in-Penn-State-sexual-abuse-scandal-111311
Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann declined to call for a congressional investigation into the sex abuse allegations at Penn State University on Sunday, but said that she would want to beat accused child rapist Jerry Sandusky "to a pulp" if he had assaulted any of her children.

i had to post this bc it's rare that i agree with any republican, and probably the only time i'll agree with this one.

From the linked article:
"Lehr also said shower curtains would be taken down when Second Mile was at the camp."

:eek: :eek:O.M.G.:eek: :eek:

yeah.....i think we all knew it would get worse but this stuff is just completely mind-blowing.

They really need the Feds to move in on this.
Agreed. Jason Whitlock's Fox Sports column on this from a couple days back:

Feds must investigate Penn State
---
There should be a federal investigation into what appears to be a cover-up. There is no reason for the public to place any faith in the internal investigation announced Friday afternoon by Penn State's interim president.

President Barack Obama loves to espouse opinions about the sports world. He has threatened to use his weight to influence a college football playoff. Every year we watch President Obama and ESPN’s Andy Katz fill out an NCAA Tournament bracket. We know that President Obama wanted LeBron James to join the Chicago Bulls.

It’s time for President Obama to address a sports issue of substance and significance. He should demand that US Attorney General Eric Holder launch a comprehensive, criminal investigation into the Paterno State Tragedy.
---
more at link above

That's obviously a journalistic error, because the Grand Jury report doesn't detail any attacks in Paterno's home. I think they must have meant Sandusky's home.

not sure about the quality of the source so please remove if it doesn't meet the standard.
as if things weren't bad enough already....doesn't sound like his camp was too much fun.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/penn_state/second-mile-camp-had-cross-dressing-111411

I "crossdressed" every summer at camp. It was part of skits or dances that we made up. We dressed in costumes. I think the "cross dressing" really could be blown out of proportion and/or there needs to be clarification on what exactly they did at camp.

That's obviously a journalistic error, because the Grand Jury report doesn't detail any attacks in Paterno's home. I think they must have meant Sandusky's home.
You're right. Was just going through presentment again and can't find anything. Will delete.

The cross dressing thing is normal enough at children's camps, but the shower curtain thing is creepy.

I "crossdressed" every summer at camp. It was part of skits or dances that we made up. We dressed in costumes. I think the "cross dressing" really could be blown out of proportion and/or there needs to be clarification on what exactly they did at camp.

I had the same thought, but the guy speaking ran the camp and thought what Second Mile had going on was off. Idk, perhaps it was how the adults were dressing?

The shower curtain issue speaks for itself. :furious:

Sandusky's attorney gave an interview to a CNN reporter. It's on right now (Anderson Cooper - AC360). He describes Sandusky as a "big grown up kid." Also says they have "answers" for each allegation.

Does anyone know if LE has gotten a search warrant for JS's home and/or a warrant to sieze all computers used by him? I haven't seen anything about this but I'm thinking that LE has grounds due to the fact that the GJ indictment clearly states that some of the (alleged) crimes took place in his home. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey