Penn State Sandusky-Report of the Special Investigative Counsel

:what::what::what:Admittedly I haven't even peeked at this thread, but I just saw that Sandusky knew Uncle Eddie Savitz?

http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/more-details-emerge-new-sandusky-investigation/nRFSb/

I know you all have links to this, but that guy was infamous here. It goes to prove that all these creepers do know eachother. It also goes to show that kids from lower socio economic backgrounds are in so much more danger than we can even fathom.

Uncle Eddie that freak living it up on Walnut Street luring kids from Kensington who wanted a new pair of sneakers. Him and his bad wig.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

That is very speculative.

J.J. it is and I'd be naive to say I'd believe everything that came out of his mouth, but alot of it adds up.

The thing I wondered is where'd he meet Savitz? I thought all those kids were originally from Kensington. He supposedly ran books and stuff. Wouldn't that be another neighborhood? He lived in Jersey as well where Savitz picked him up? I know the Savitz thing was for real as I worked right around the corner from his high rise and that guy was shifty.

J.J. it is and I'd be naive to say I'd believe everything that came out of his mouth, but alot of it adds up.

The thing I wondered is where'd he meet Savitz? I thought all those kids were originally from Kensington. He supposedly ran books and stuff. Wouldn't that be another neighborhood? He lived in Jersey as well where Savitz picked him up? I know the Savitz thing was for real as I worked right around the corner from his high rise and that guy was shifty.

In the wjac link you provided upthread, it mentions that Gary Sinderson interviewed Bucceroni several times previously and Bucceroni was claiming abuse by Savitz; but it seems that he only recently added Sandusky's name to the "ring"?

I'm keeping an open mind, but I have my doubts about Bucceroni's story. Hopefully the Postal investigators or the FBI is able to verify one way or the other.

I just reviewed this link, and the article indicated that Bucceroni was interviewed that morning (Dec.1, 2011), a few weeks after the Sandusky abuses came to light, and he never mentioned Sandusky at the time.

In fact, in his interview with the Libertarian Republican, he mentions how disgusted he is by Ed Rendell commenting on PSU coverup, and again, he makes no mention of being taken to Second Mile events and offered up for abuse by the subject of that very same PSU coverup.

I'm definitely having a hard time buying this one.

One of the problems I've had is that people want to involve themselves in this case. Somebody says, "This happened to me," just to get his/her name in the paper.

Sometimes, however, these people are accurate, but you don't know that until some of the details come out. I've expressed my regrets a few times for not not being prepared for this scandal; it's because I ignored a lead that turned out to be accurate. There will be a blog one day titled "Mea Culpa," but not for a while.

There may be something to the story, but linking Rendell (and I am not a fan), to it like that first site did, really makes me highly doubtful.

It's an interesting perversion of the bandwagon phenomenon

A Münchausen BandWagon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly the endorsement Spanier's lawyers were hoping for.

Spanier's attorneys blast Freeh report, press conference ends abruptly

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2012/08/22/spaniers_attorneys_blast_freeh_report_press_conference_ends_abruptly.aspx

The conference ended abruptly when a man, later identified as Greg Bucceroni, stood in the room and claimed that he had been abused in the 1970s, and said “I believe you guys,” shouting to Spanier’s lawyers.

Bucceroni has been vocal about his abuse on his Twitter account and on various comments sections across the Internet. Bucceroni said he supports Spanier’s attorneys and called Freeh a “*advertiser censored*” while making his statement.

First time posting but I've been reading all the posts about my hometown and university since this story broke last fall. I appreciate all the information I have learned here from all of you. I speak from personal experience growing up in State College, attending Penn State, and working in foster care. I grew up about a mile from the Sandusky family and attended Penn State games throughout my childhood. After graduating in the early 1990's I left town and I now work in child welfare in another state. While I am more than aware that the "system" is broken, it cannot function without citizens taking action to report abuse of children when they have SUSPICIONS. The allegations that PS4RS are making that it was the "fault" of these agencies that are full of professionals knowledgeable about child abuse, shows how little they understand about how "the system" works. Powerful entities, money, and red tape can and do influence decisions, often to the frustration of child welfare professionals, who, in the end, are not really the ones who call the shots. It is the courts that make final decision, which is why I suspect that some legal entity was tracking Jerry's activities and possibly the connections between Penn State and The Second Mile, and possibly even other powerful groups and people. It was the perfect town for this to happen in....because we were "perfect". I am a little bitter because I still do love my town and the people there. I just wish the blinders would begin to come off.

First time posting but I've been reading all the posts about my hometown and university since this story broke last fall. I appreciate all the information I have learned here from all of you. I speak from personal experience growing up in State College, attending Penn State, and working in foster care. I grew up about a mile from the Sandusky family and attended Penn State games throughout my childhood. After graduating in the early 1990's I left town and I now work in child welfare in another state. While I am more than aware that the "system" is broken, it cannot function without citizens taking action to report abuse of children when they have SUSPICIONS. The allegations that PS4RS are making that it was the "fault" of these agencies that are full of professionals knowledgeable about child abuse, shows how little they understand about how "the system" works. Powerful entities, money, and red tape can and do influence decisions, often to the frustration of child welfare professionals, who, in the end, are not really the ones who call the shots. It is the courts that make final decision, which is why I suspect that some legal entity was tracking Jerry's activities and possibly the connections between Penn State and The Second Mile, and possibly even other powerful groups and people. It was the perfect town for this to happen in....because we were "perfect". I am a little bitter because I still do love my town and the people there. I just wish the blinders would begin to come off.

Bolded by me.

Welcome to Websleuths! I am anxious to hear more about the two sentences I bolded above. First, you wrote that child welfare professionals aren't the ones calling the shots; but from everything we know, it appears Lauro from DPW closed the 1998 case as "unfounded". Had he classified it as "indicated", at least there would have been a chance for a judge to determine that the case was "founded". He didn't need Schreffler or Gricar to agree in order to proceed as an indicated case.

Regardless, an indicated status would have placed The Second Mile on alert about Sandusky's behaviors, and they might have taken a different approach to providing him unfettered access to his victims.

As to the second sentence, I am interested in your ideas about what legal entities may have been monitoring Sandusky's activities, and do you feel that entity was "protecting" Sandusky and these other powerful people and groups?

Finally, as a child welfare professional, do you feel that the Penn State staff (Spanier, Curley, Paterno and Schultz) should be held more responsible for 1998 inaction than LE and DPW, which PS4RS believes the Freeh Report alleges?

Thanks in advance for the discussion, and again, welcome to WS. Your background will be a great resource for us.

Rlaub44-Thank you for your welcome. I've been working on my response but it takes soo king to type from my iPhone. I have to go to work and will try to respond later tonight.

Welcome ndps, from a fellow alumnus and someome else who grew up in the general area.

Penn Staters for Responsible Stewardship, the alumni group that backed the newly elected trustees, has released their findings critical of the Freeh Report.
http://ps4rs.org/docs/PS4RS Review of Freeh Report.pdf

Edited to add: Sorry for the misspelling in the subject line; should read "it" was coming.

To an extent, they have a point regarding 1998, though bit is clear that Schultz, Curley, Spanier and Paterno knew that something had happened.

I think that only makes a difference in regard to their reaction to the 2001 incident.

They also rely a lot on Dr. Dranov. Dranov's testimony tended to support McQueary, indicating that he had never seen McQueary so upset.

The BoT has indicated that it does not agree completely with the Freeh Report:

http://www.centredaily.com/2012/09/14/3336056/penn-state-trustees-tackling-state.html

I know that I have a few problems with it (but not about 2001).

Thanks for sharing this JJ. From the article:

But board member Mark Dambly said it isn’t accurate to say the board has accepted all 267 pages in the report. Instead, the board is looking at the report's 119 recommendations and going through a thoughtful process of whether they should be adopted and how.

Wasn't one of the conditions included in the NCAA consent decree that PSU would fully implement all of the recommendations of the Freeh Report?

Yep, I found it in the consent decree that "The NCAA requires the University to adopt all recommendations for reform delineated in Chapter 10 of the Freeh Report. The University shall take all reasonable steps to implement the recommendations in spirit and substance by Dec. 31, 2013."
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ncaa/files/20120723/21207236PDF.pdf

The board members may want to re-read the consent decree (or for some of them, read it for the first time), and understand what they agreed to before the NCAA decides harsher penalties are warranted.

ABC News to interview Sandusky abuse case's Victim 1
September 20, 2012 12:39 am
Share with others:

inShare

The Associated Press
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- ABC News will interview the young man whose 2009 allegations of sexual abuse led to the Penn State scandal and the criminal conviction of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.

Attorney Michael Boni, who represents the teenager known in court papers as Victim 1, said Wednesday that ABC landed the first interview with his client, who has a book coming out this fall.

It's unclear when the ABC interview would air. ABC didn't immediately return a phone message left Wednesday seeking comment. The New York Post was first to report the ABC exclusive.

Mr. Sandusky was convicted

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...ky-abuse-cases-victim-1-654155/#ixzz2716hcLOA

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...fficials.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a9&eref=sihp

Posted: Wednesday September 26, 2012 5:12PM ; Updated: Wednesday September 26, 2012 5:13PM
Judge upholds perjury charges against Penn State officials

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) -- A judge on Wednesday upheld perjury charges against two Penn State administrators accused of lying to a grand jury that investigated allegations ex-assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky sexually abused children....

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...perjury-officials.ap/index.html#ixzz27cx23E6o

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back