Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further from this link:

Mr. Schreffler speculates that the district attorney declined to press charges because the state Department of Public Welfare didn't indicate a charge of abuse, which would have made the prosecution's case even more difficult.

"It'd be a little hard for them to prosecute, when you have the state saying there wasn't any abuse."

In an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Mr. Lauro said he closed the case because he lacked substantial evidence that there was abuse.

"It didn't meet the criteria," Mr. Lauro said. "If I really thought there were any child abuse ... I definitely would have indicated it."

Well, I think Mr. Lauro made the wrong decision per what has been said in articles and some posters that this was indecent exposure at least.

So sad and frustrating to look back now and see that if these 3 men had just filed a complaint on JS instead of letting him get away with this behavior, it may have prevented the abuses committed in years after.

So wait... do I have this straight... they made the decision that no abuse had occurred without finding or interviewing the supposed victim? Is that the story these men are representing? Oh JS said no abuse occurred and there was no other evidence so they took his word? They believed HIM? I don't understand any of this and to say it makes my blood boil would be the understatement of the year. can someone explain if I am getting this right- please. Was a child ever interviewed in either of the two instances?

Mental picture- Paterno phones Curley- "We have a problem" Curley sits on phone, puts a finger in each ear and hums LaLaLa. He's the official cut-out. Hope wossname and wife at Second Mile are convicted.

Dottie on Oprah?
Oprah could use this as a nice warm human interest angle:
Here's a video of their house as seen from the Elementary school. http://current.com/1ta62kc Also there is somewhere on the net an air photo showing house and school surrounded by forest.

A forum I visited last night- sorry no link- copied a post by someone saying that his family moved there when he was in Lamont elementary school, next door to the Sandusky home, and Dorothy taught there. Each year she gave her class a picnic in her back yard. That year Jerry took them all down to the basement to watch video clips of a football game and the boy didn't understand what Jerry was explaining.

From the video, 30% of the school parents are connected to Penn State. No vulnerable kiddies here?

If this story is true, Dorothy (68) must be retired from teaching by now.
Must save a lot of embarrassment.

Please continue this excellent thread discussion here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7450329#post7450329"]Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #7[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox