Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now all players and coaching staff kneeling together - both teams- in the center of the field

Very moving......

I haven't seen this before

Penn State vs. Nebraska on ESPN

They had a moment of silence for the victims.

Yes... that was nice....but then commentators immediately started referring to the stadium as THE CATHEDRAL of college football.....ewww.

jmo

Oh...I agree that is what it SHOULD be....but if Penn State TRULY wanted it to be that.....then a simple grey or beige shirt with NO REFERENCE to a football victory would have been far preferable and genuine.

jmo

Perhaps, the ribbon to stop child abuse is blue...

http://www.bewild.com/chabcarrima.html

ETA: Blue out child abuse would have been better.... I haven't seen the shirt design... Apologize for jumping on that too quickly.

Yes... that was nice....but then commentators immediately started referring to the stadium as THE CATHEDRAL of college football.....ewww.

jmo

Lol, sports commentators aren't the most sensitive souls are they??

Lol, sports commentators aren't the most sensitive souls are they??

You've got that right!

I happened to turn on ABC, which is showing the Okla St/Texas Tech game. They were talking about Penn State before the game and showed a little bit of the players taking the field there, and one of the commentators started talking about how the Penn State players are victims in this, too. Umm... NO. You can say that the players and the entire Penn State community are affected by this, but the word 'victim' must be reserved for the kids.

First PSU game without JoePa on coaching staff since 19 November 1949.

This is so heart breaking. I have a 10 year old nephew who plays sports. Reading what McQueary testified that he saw that day in the shower, I just can not understand how he could turn around and walk off leaving the little boy there. Just do not understand it and nothing anyone can say will justify it to me.

First PSU game without JoePa on coaching staff since 19 November 1949.

Yep, I was five years old and then he became head coach in 66' the same year my husband and I married..

ETA..Jo Pa looks really old now but his wife doesn't.. Not to me anyways..JMHO

THREAD #2 NOW UP; PLEASE CONTINUE DISCUSSION THERE, THANKS!

This one was getting a bit over-full.

Continue here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154517"]Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2[/ame]

This is so heart breaking. I have a 10 year old nephew who plays sports. Reading what McQueary testified that he saw that day in the shower, I just can not understand how he could turn around and walk off leaving the little boy there. Just do not understand it and nothing anyone can say will justify it to me.

ITA, Ladyluck. And it's not like MM had to physically "beat-up" Sandusky to make him stop. He could have just started yelling his head off, something to the effect of "GET YOUR HANDS OFF THAT KID!!" for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde