People Magazine - Caylee Anthony's Family Secrets

Interesting how we can view him so differently. It seems to me he is the only A who really cares about getting justice for Caylee, and the only A family member not trying to cover up for Casey.
if he/whoever hadnt sold his story then id agree with you ..but whoever told that story sold it .. that is wrong just as wrong as the a's making money off her too ..

Please don't pin or blame this on RP and run with it. The source according to People Mag is anonoymous. It could be ANY NUMBER of people - including co workers of CA's, GA's, Lee, it could be neighbors, it cold be family friends. I highly doubt this is coming from RP. Cindy asked him to stop talking publically about this case and he did as far as we know. He even refused to go on Greta for an interview and has not been on any other network speaking about his family or his case. Don't throw him under the bus with this one. I don't think that is fair. The guy has been through enough.

Well said:)

When did you get to read the article? I thought we had to wait til Friday? Do you have a link please?

I think if it stops CA & GA from putting on this charade of the perfect family, and prompts them to help LE, it's a great thing. And I think it might do that. Once they know the secrets are out there, maybe they'll start telling the truth because they don't have to put on that facade anymore.

What is being discussed is the online article that is linked to in the first post on this thread. Here you go:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20255306,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Has anyone ever heard of a family member of someone who is supposedly kidnapped and not yet found, selling the child's pictures before this case? IMO, the As started the ball rolling on people cashing in....they were the first and IMO, about the least deserving. It seems it was the As, and not Casey who did the first story with People...I am basing that on the fact that Cindy told Casey about it at the jail.

It looks to me like reguritated info from the document dumps. Most people would not take the time to read all of those documents to have seen the info released in those emails.

I can also tell you from personal experience that not every crime story in People or elsewhere cooperated, wanted coverage, or was paid. My MIL's death was in there and it was photos that were already published elsewhere and pieced together info from the newspapers. We did not cooperate, did not want coverage, and certainly didn't get paid. They do not need your permission.

The first article in people, that one I will say Cindy got paid for because it had exclusive photos. This one just seems pieced together from already released info. I wouldn't convict Rick of profiting just yet.

From the cover alone it does appear to be a gossip piece based on rumors that are already floating around, aimed at those interested but who don't follow too closely. The documents that have been released contain information the most pertinent to the case closely followed by videos with statements that are producible and can be confirmed.

It ripples out from those points to rumor and innuendo.

I didn't say he is the source and see no mention in that article of other sources. Whoever it is might be angry, but not so much so that they're willing to stand up and state their own name. I'm not impressed and I don't see any way whatsoever that this article helps Caylee.

(Bolded, colored by me)

I don't see anything at this late date that will help Caylee. Period. It's too late for help for little Caylee.
A respectful buriel for her would be a good start.
For all involved to remember her, and remember that she was a living breathing little girl.
And for her killer to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

The Anthony family inserted themselves into the spotlight by going all over the country, doing all the talk show circuits and news shows, insisting that Caylee was alive and professing that the 'Mother of the Year' could never have killed her. They fed themselves into the media spotlight... they used the media.

And now they are paying for it in a big way! So every move they may will be reported on.
It's not nice, it's not pretty, but it's the truth.

People Magazine does NOT pay for stories. I was in People Magazine back in the early 90s and I was not paid for my story. Photos, a small amount. Very small.

Has anyone ever heard of a family member of someone who is supposedly kidnapped and not yet found, selling the child's pictures before this case? IMO, the As started the ball rolling on people cashing in....they were the first and IMO, about the least deserving. It seems it was the As, and not Casey who did the first story with People...I am basing that on the fact that Cindy told Casey about it at the jail.
Agreed.

That's a promo for their new issue coming out on Friday which will feature this article...they haven't posted the article on line yet, as far as I know, but are merely promoting it.

Semantics. This is an article about the upcoming article. :rolleyes:

My personal opinion of Rick is that he is a good person, he tried to help his sister understand. I commend him for standing up to Cindy.
However, I do not agree with a story of his being sold to any magazine, and hope and pray that he didn't accept money for it.
As bad as we like all the information from these "players", the witnesses will do Caylee more justice if they just stay quiet until after the trial.
I don't know if he sold his story, or if this was done in third party, but if he profited at all, IMHO, its wrong.

and if it is him, he's on the states witness list so this will be another one that sold their story.

Well, even tho you are right about it having been yet another witness that has sold his/her story, I just have to say that I do not believe any witness should make media statements. OR even write in a blog for that matter.

I do just have to say that when RP was writing in a blog, he had no idea he would even be a witness in this case. He lives in Myrtle Beach, S.C., and had not seen the Anthony's since his wedding according to him, IIRC.

I give RP a pass on this one. At least the People Magazine did not name him as a source although a part sounds like him, IMO. The others who sold their stories were named.

hmm if he is such a good family member then why is he profiting off of caylees death ? cuz basically that is what he is doing too .. he shouldve given any and all info to the police for free ..

From what I remember CAs' brother did hand over all correspondence with CA and any information to LE promptly

"I've watched Cindy berate George over the littlest thing, just nasty, mean stuff," a source tells PEOPLE. "She'll say, 'George, you're so stupid,' in front of his friends."

This sounds more like someone from George's side of the family and not Cindy's

If the article remains true to the snip or teaser, it benefits George because it makes him out to be victimized by Cindy. Further, it seems to imply that things were very tense between Casey and Cindy. So to me the person it benefits is George. It removes him from the rest of the pack-no more public solidarity...it kind of buffers him from the haters.

JMO.

So, I would wonder if it were someone who was closer to George than the rest of the crew.

An additional thought-and this is PURE SPECULATION-what if someone close to George was the source, and the article came out without the knowlege of Cindy et all...would that help to tip the scales of George's decision that he could not stand the pressure....simply because it was going to get a whole lot worse when this article came out???

Again, pure speculation...

"I've watched Cindy berate George over the littlest thing, just nasty, mean stuff," a source tells PEOPLE. "She'll say, 'George, you're so stupid,' in front of his friends."

This sounds more like someone from George's side of the family and not Cindy's

LOL...at least it puts an end to all those accusations that George doesn't have any friends.

well then it shouldve stopped at that .. there is no reason for him taking this to people magazine .. if it is cindys brother who did this .. no wonder why cindy is like she is ? how long has he treated her this way ? kwim? and if he is so concerned for caylee then why make money off of it ?

Do you think Cindy was paid for her people magasine interview?

Looks to me like People is starting to mimic the Globe and the Star.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back