People Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
JDB said:
I see thread and comments being made here today that upsets me.It almost like the ones who thought JMK had nothing to do with JonBenet murder are gloating.Tell the one that thought he did it HA HA.
Are we forgetting the facts that the reason W/S is here is because of JonBenet murder?I truly feel in my heart there is no reason for any of us to gloat. I was hoping Jon Benet would finally have a closure.
I will say joking with someone I posted to her here that JMK was not the one. I sent an e-mail saying I told you so. But that was in private.
There should be no gloating or Joy over today's events.IMHO
JDB, I am waiting for you over on the football thread. :laugh: Now back on topic. I was wanting the murder to be solved for JBR to finally get justice. I had some serious doubts that he did it after the second day of coverage. I hope one day this murder will be solved. :(

BirdieBoo said:
Yes I agree, Jonbenet's killer still has not been brought to justice.

Also, I feel very sorry for Karr's family, he has 3 teenage boys. It's bad enough to have a family member with "problems" but I am sure it's quite another to have those problems paraded around the national and international media. School started today in a lot of areas, I wonder how those boys' first day of school went?:(
I dont feel sorry for the family-their dad did this to them-or brother-however he is related..I feel sorry for those people arrested because the police think they did it-i dont feel sorry for those who bring it on themselves.
The family has handled it well-they came right out and said he didnt do it-and I dont think its a surprise to anyone who knows him that he is a pretty weird guy.

birdieboo-no disrespect to u in tended -please know that.

Hiya JDB,

First of all, I appreciate you and always have... I too have a sense of "people please," but, perhaps, not for the exact same reason.

I'm impressed by a number of things through this all. A few of those things are:

1. Too many people have a gang mentality (whether they are willing to admit it or not.) i.e. hear a little bit of info about a very fractured picture, then look for someone who agrees with you based on the "little", then jump on their bandwagon and run for all it is worth (is this entertainment?)

2. Too many people are looking to slay someone else without thinking of the real harm they can do. They may not know the person, the facts, or the responsibilities, but they are willing to imagine incredible things, speak about them as if they are truth (to the person's great harm)...and away goes the slaying.

3. Too many people are willing to trust the spin of the media without remembering their ultimate goal, then weighing and balancing incoming information, as well as working to seek the facts along the way.

4. Too many people are willing to discredit law enforcement.

5. A number of people are willing to seriously sleuth, study, and brainstorm.

6. MANY people want justice for little Jon Benet (and other victims of violent crime.)

I am not saying that I am without spot in any of the above (1-4). I am not saying that I don't think there is an appropriate time for people to gang up and jump on a bandwagon, slay someone else, trust the media, or discredit law enforcement. I'm just saying that I have had a real lesson as I have read the many postings in here over the last several weeks, as well as considered my own, and all of the effects.

I am looking at the casualties in all of this... Where did the casualties begin? Well, per JBR, didn't they begin with a murderer, or someone who had an accident and decided to "cover" their accident rather than risk what? Very interesting question - what would truth have cost? (particularly based on some of the above line items) I'm not saying its okay to lie, I'm just asking.

Per JMK, ahhhh...perhaps he is a lesson in childhood history, perhaps genetic mental illnesses, perhaps intellectual game playing co-mingled with other things, perhaps the hell that any of us can cause when we open our mouths or communicate in other ways WITHOUT thinking of the calamity that can ensue, perhaps any number of things OR any combination of the latter.

Well...all in all, I'm having a lot of feelings and considerations this evening. Interesting. I am also thinking that I have very much enjoyed the stimulation of some of the communication around here, real eye openers.

Hats off to all sleuths that research and think. And a "people please" to myself and everyone else, on a whole lot of things (using our imaginations, God knows we have them :)

Wrinkles

JDB said:
I see thread and comments being made here today that upsets me.It almost like the ones who thought JMK had nothing to do with JonBenet murder are gloating.Tell the one that thought he did it HA HA.
Are we forgetting the facts that the reason W/S is here is because of JonBenet murder?I truly feel in my heart there is no reason for any of us to gloat. I was hoping Jon Benet would finally have a closure.
I will say joking with someone I posted to her here that JMK was not the one. I sent an e-mail saying I told you so. But that was in private.
There should be no gloating or Joy over today's events.IMHO
I agree and was going to post this in a thread myself...it is sad how people here care more about their pride and ego than actually wanting the case solved.

I for one hoped it was Karr who did it (meaning he DID DO IT not just convited for it) for the simple fact that it would have borught closure to the case and that some form of justice in this life could have occured. I am glad that he wasn't convited for a crime he didnt do as I hate to see that but again, it'd have been ncie if her murder coudl be solved.

Shame many here care more about being right than the actual murder of that innocent girl. Sad....some need to actually mature a bit and not act like children.

It has been just as frustrating to see the incredible stretches of imagination people on this forum have been coming up with in trying to connect the "suspect" to this crime. All sense of reason was just thrown out the window and because his family couldn't provide photographic evidence of his whereabouts for every minute of the holiday season in '96 well then he MUST be the perp. I had to just walk away and not read here for a day or so it was so bad. Maybe some of us are just happy that we no longer have to wade through that nonsense trying to find informational posts.

narlacat said:
I don't know about anyone gloating JDB.
Since this news broke, there's been no end of lame theories getting around and people who know nothing about the case putting their two cents worth in, so it stands to reason that some of us here would want to say-told ya.
They were adamant they had their man and boy did we have to hear about it.

FWIW JDB, I want closure for JBR's soul too, but it aint gonna happen until JR is held accountable for what happened that night.
He knows full well what happened to his daughter.

And anyway, how is okay that you gloat in private but were not allowed to do it in public, sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Please, narlacat. "They were adamant they had their man and boy did we have to hear about it." Are you serious? That 'insight' of yours perfectly describes how many of the RDIs on this forum treat the IDIs. So for a slim two weeks, you had to have a taste of your own medicine? Cry me a river.

And anyway, how is okay that you gloat in private but were not allowed to do it in public, sounds a bit hypocritical to me.
No. It's called being a good human being and not being obnoxious.

Perhaps you are a nice person, narlacat, and many times I have given you the benefit of the doubt and not responded to what I have perceived as being a rude, unnecessary post. And perhaps you just don't understand something called 'tone'. But the unwelcome, occasionally hostile feeling that many posters (old and new) get from this forum is emitted from a mere handful of members and you can count yourself as one of them.

cwiz24 said:
Please, narlacat. "They were adamant they had their man and boy did we have to hear about it." Are you serious? That 'insight' of yours perfectly describes how many of the RDIs on this forum treat the IDIs. So for a slim two weeks, you had to have a taste of your own medicine? Cry me a river.

No. It's called being a good human being and not being obnoxious.

Perhaps you are a nice person, narlacat, and many times I have given you the benefit of the doubt and not responded to what I have perceived as being a rude, unnecessary post. And perhaps you just don't understand something called 'tone'. But the unwelcome, occasionally hostile feeling that many posters (old and new) get from this forum is emitted from a mere handful of members and you can count yourself as one of them.
It's human nature to want to do the "I was right dance" whether privately or publically.

And in light of this post, I want to weigh in as a narlacat fan.

SuperDave said:
No joy in the Fortress of Solitude.

--->>>Poetic! I thought HE knew something that would crack the case. Now then here is a thot, what if he told them some stuff that is not being released?

Hope in my heart that is still springing eternal, that WE will be instrumental in finding the killer.

This dear little child deserves everyone working on her behalf and for all of the little Jon Benets, Samantha Runnions, Polly Klaas'es', Adam Walsh's to come.

JDB, I'll say it again...you are a CowBeau, you.

:blowkiss:

Everyone who is here, is here because they are angry and upset that a little girl was killed in a horrific way. That we do not always agree about who, or why, does not take away from the thing that brings us here and ties us together: a little girl who should be alive today.

deandaniellws said:
JDB, I am waiting for you over on the football thread. :laugh: Now back on topic. I was wanting the murder to be solved for JBR to finally get justice. I had some serious doubts that he did it after the second day of coverage. I hope one day this murder will be solved. :(

i do too...JR will never fess up, but there's a slight possibility that BR could talk one day down the road...never know..

southcitymom said:
It's human nature to want to do the "I was right dance" whether privately or publically.

me too! :)

:D
southcitymom said:

No its more like 2 year old behavior and I am a narlacat fan too.

southcitymom said:

Me three! :dance:
I like narlacat, snarky and all!

(my secret nicky name for her is "snarlacat" when she's been especially snarly...)

Hi snarly! :blowkiss:

Omg.
Lucky I came back here lol
Um, I'm sorry I come across as offensive cwiz24, I wonder where else I've annoyed you lol
We all have our bad hair days right?

Sandra, you are hilarious, I have so earned that nickname, I can be snarly can't I?
I'm going to try to make a concerted effort to not come across as a complete :)
cwiz24, you can come and tell me when you think I'm outa line okay :p

Thanks Southcity Close and Michelle, you guys are great, so nice to have friends lol
Michelle, I owe you a public apology for coming across as a earlier today, maybe even in this thread so sorry, I wrote that earlier then came across it just then and nearly died lol, I sound like I'm giving you a hard time.

Sorry for off topic.

Actually, I'm not surprised the case hasn't been solved in 10 years given the amount of baseless blue-skying I've seen on this forum. I have my opinions re who killed JBR, but I like to think they're not set in stone.

But that's beside the point. I'm more disheartened that people in both the public and private sector could not tell that this man was lying from the first moment he was in front of a camera in Thailand.
All you had to do was turn the sound off and watch his face those first couple of times, before he got used to the clamor. With people like him words mean nothing. I had the same reaction when I saw Susan Smith on the news the first time. The sound was off and I asked by ex-husband: "Why is this woman pretending to be crying?"

narlacat said:
Omg.
Lucky I came back here lol
Um, I'm sorry I come across as offensive cwiz24, I wonder where else I've annoyed you lol
We all have our bad hair days right?

Sandra, you are hilarious, I have so earned that nickname, I can be snarly can't I?
I'm going to try to make a concerted effort to not come across as a complete :)
cwiz24, you can come and tell me when you think I'm outa line okay :p

Thanks Southcity Close and Michelle, you guys are great, so nice to have friends lol
Michelle, I owe you a public apology for coming across as a earlier today, maybe even in this thread so sorry, I wrote that earlier then came across it just then and nearly died lol, I sound like I'm giving you a hard time.

Sorry for off topic.
I had my bout with being hard on people a week ago or more-PMS..anyhow we all do it-especially when we are passionate about stuff..

newtv said:
one thing I have noticed about life including me-is that we all are more annoying then we think we are..lol
I agree. Well, everyone 'cept me....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member