Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that was another translation snafu (headache?), but I rather think the way it's worded is correct.

In one image, we see that the Colombian hitman Ospina Alejandro Trujillo , the alleged murderer of Jewish businesswoman Myriam Fefer , enters the cell of Joran van der Sloot. Immediately, Trujillo Ospina was whisked away.
I too think it's supposed to be a headache, but yes, the translation is priceless. I found that part about Ospina interesting, mainly because it seems he's not confined to a cell. MOO

Thanks for the video of Joran's jail cell. And thanks for the tapes of Stephany's father... did he say the results from the autopsy say she wasn't raped? Did you catch the part about her right arm being bruised, as if she was trying to defend herself from the beating? Then he asks for his wife to forgive him and begins to say something about her neck but stops short & begins to cry...so very sad.
Shouldn't they be getting toxicology results next week?

I thought that the 'laundry' was a sink for washing up and the 'silo' was perhaps a hole in the floor or a bucket to use as a toilet...JMOO
That's where I was becoming confused because all I saw in the video was a dirty sink and then the camera panned down to the floor where it seemed the "toilet" was supposed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodshotEye
SFlores' clothes:
On the Media links page, Patty G (finally made myself stop calling you Peggy...apologies ),
There are 3 photos that include:
1. Diagrams of Stephany's injuries,
2. A list of what she was wearing,
3. Diagram of room, and
4. Position of Stephany's body.

The description of what Stephany was wearing, when found, includes a ___ (can't make out the color) skirt. Perhaps I misundestood some earlier posts; I thought some of us - me included, thought she was only wearing a shirt of some kind, and underwear. Appears as though she was wearing a skirt.

On the last page, of thread #6, I referred to a link/photo provided in the Media thread. Of the three photos that describe the hotel scene, how SFlores was found (injuries and clothing), I had a question concerning SFlores clothing.

continuing... Lexington, your reply was helpful.
So, you heard that she was wearing a skirt as well?
The operative words being:
1. Wearing, and
2. Skirt

It is a technicality for me, sorry to make your eyes roll into the back of your head...but I keep seeing various posts and newspieces that refer to:
SFlores' "pants" being off. According to the crime scene report, I don't see that indicated.

Theory, If she collapsed on the bed, and sort of, slid off the end or corner, that friction or dragging motion might cause her shirt and skirt, to be pulled upward (in the opposite direction that either gravity or someone is pulling her.

Sorry to be so nitpicking.

Can anyone shed some light on this "pants on/off" vs. the reference to skirt on, in the crime scene report?

Thanks in advance.

maybe the word skirt is suppose to be shirt - the h looks more like a k? IDK....

Thanks Cheewawa.
I looked at that again, and it seems that they are reporting that she was wearing a black polo shirt.
And then there is an entry under that, that refers to a ___ s_irt. (I interpreted this to be skirt)

Prison accomodations
Actually, considering where he is, it didn't look too bad to me. As for the "silo", that was what I found in a rather nice restaurant, in China. No doors on the stall, just the metal partitions between the holes. Challenging.

I really hope that Anita did not see the video of Joran in jail. In spite of everything, I do feel compassion for her.

This is what we've been waiting to see. I can't believe that they actually let a camera man accompany him to his cell.

"See the first minutes of Joran van der Sloot in jail"

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/494308/vea-primeros-minutos-joran-van-der-sloot-carcel

Very interesting video. It looked like someone asked him his occupation and he said "tengo negocio" (I only know that because they showed it on screen; I don't speak Spanish). When I looked it up the translator said "tengo negocio" means "I have business."

Joran van der Sloot Fears for His Life in Peruvian Prison

Joran van der Sloot has reportedly told Peruvian officials he wants to come clean about the location of the body of Alabama honor student Natalee Holloway, who went missing five years ago in Aruba.

The reason? He's afraid for his life inside the Peruvian prison where he's locked-up after being charged in the murder of business student Stephany Flores, 21.

"I don't want to be imprisoned in Peru," he told police, according to a local newspaper. "I am afraid I will be killed."

More at the link..

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20393769,00.html

Thanks for the video of Joran's jail cell. And thanks for the tapes of Stephany's father... did he say the results from the autopsy say she wasn't raped? Did you catch the part about her right arm being bruised, as if she was trying to defend herself from the beating? Then he asks for his wife to forgive him and begins to say something about her neck but stops short & begins to cry...so very sad.
Shouldn't they be getting toxicology results next week?

You're welcome. I was really excited to find these videos, especially those of Stephany's father with English subtitles. I couldn't believe how he remained so composed except for that one tearful break, until he explained his spiritual beliefs at the end.

And, yes, he stated it and I believe other reports of her autotopsy confirm that she wasn't raped. I've been on the lookout for her toxicology report, but nothing's been published yet.

Did they give him a bedspread/quilt? You know, around his neck and then placed on the cot in the cell? Just wondering where that came from.

I don't think that Joran will ever be moved into the general population. He is notorious enough that he will be protected for the duration of his prison stay.

Don't know if this has been posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/0...-holloways-remains-transferred-aruban-prison/

"Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot says he'll reveal the location of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway's body if authorities transfer him from Peru's most infamous prison to a jail in Aruba, Radio Netherlands Worldwide reports Sunday...(snipped)..."

(ETA: I see that Benny08 posted something similar above)

This is what we've been waiting to see. I can't believe that they actually let a camera man accompany him to his cell.

"See the first minutes of Joran van der Sloot in jail"

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/494308/vea-primeros-minutos-joran-van-der-sloot-carcel

Wow!!!!!!! Unbelievable. Thank you!!

Did anyone else notice the Spanish notations printed on the screen when the doctor (or guy who took his blood pressure) was asking questions? I only know a very few basic words of Spanish but it appears that Joran said "mal en cabeza" which I think would translate into "sick in head".

I don't think that Joran will ever be moved into the general population. He is notorious enough that he will be protected for the duration of his prison stay.

I agree. No different than any other high-profile, highly-targeted prisoner. I don't think it means he will be totally safe, though.

Wow!!!!!!! Unbelievable. Thank you!!

Did anyone else notice the Spanish notations printed on the screen when the doctor (or guy who took his blood pressure) was asking questions? I only know a very few basic words of Spanish but it appears that Joran said "mal en cabeza" which I think would translate into "sick in head".

Probably "headache"?

Did they give him a bedspread/quilt? You know, around his neck and then placed on the cot in the cell? Just wondering where that came from.
It's a blanket that was issued to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members