Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, and this is just my opinion I didn't really think he was crazy. Just mean as hell. But, now that his mother has said it I feel there really must be circumstances we are not aware of. And I believe that she has in fact tried to get him help and treatment for his condition or conditions. She may be relieved that he has been caught and may see a glimmer of hope that he may get treatment. I will also add that I think this is a desperate mother that does love her son, but she may really be afraid of him. Who knows what has gone on in that family.jmo

I totally agree -- she was probably relieved -- and we don't know how much of a bully he was or could have been to his little brothers. His daily dramas must have been something to behold.

I tell ya it gives me the creeps in the video shot of him in the limp wrist scene. You hear how people that are possessed change looks ect.. he looks so strange and even pale in that video....JMO

I had posted this before sorry about repeating myself but that stupid.. blank lost look could that be a split in his personality???

I agree. That entire video is haunting. Especially when he comes back after about one minute and looks directly at the camera...he looks in a daze. I notice even when he returns to have the room unlocked, he waits with his head bowed, hand to mouth as though coughing...not his normally cocky, carefree self.

I tell ya it gives me the creeps in the video shot of him in the limp wrist scene. You hear how people that are possessed change looks ect.. he looks so strange and even pale in that video....JMO

I had posted this before sorry about repeating myself but that stupid.. blank lost look could that be a split in his personality???

Thank you GetSmart.

I actually thought in the back of my mind that this type of thing may be a possibilty. Could he go into a different personality when he goes berserk, and he called his Mama after what the had just done, and actually speaks about not knowing why anyone would be after him?

Could he be a multiple? I am certainly not qualified in this matter. Are there members here in the psychiatric or psychological fields? I recall seeing people here before I officially joined, discussing all sorts of diagnoses. Don't know if anyone was really qualified. And don't recall if the multiple matter was brought up?

I totally agree -- she was probably relieved -- and we don't know how much of a bully he was or could have been to his little brothers. His daily dramas must have been something to behold.

Does anyone know?

have the brother spoken out on their older brother's interaction with them?

Such a type that does that to girls, might have done bad things to his smaller brothers.

I do recognize that a mothers love is very powerful and don't fault her for loving her son. She has to believe that he is crazy in the head as she is the one that raised the monster, how else could she possibly sleep at night? He is crazy all right, crazy like a fox, and he is desperate. He knows he's caught, he knew he was caught when he left the hotel room, of course he would be paranoid. I would only think he was totally crazy in the head if he didn't think they were after him.

Thank you GetSmart.

I actually thought in the back of my mind that this type of thing may be a possibilty. Could he go into a different personality when he goes berserk, and he called his Mama after what the had just done, and actually speaks about not knowing why anyone would be after him?

Could he be a multiple? I am certainly not qualified in this matter. Are there members here in the psychiatric or psychological fields? I recall seeing people here before I officially joined, discussing all sorts of diagnoses. Don't know if anyone was really qualified. And don't recall if the multiple matter was brought up?

I am not either but he looks so ODD

Attachments

• Van-Der-Sloot-7a_0.jpg
    Van-Der-Sloot-7a_0.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 28
Excellent post, FLNY. Thank you.

I am not sure I knew about him telling he did "something bad." Any links?

We do know that he supposedly told the taxi drivers what he had done.

But can that be more evidence of how crazy (or stupid he is). He is supposed to be (and can be) smooth and cunning. Him telling them this when he wants to be driven to the border--and they then might refuse to help him--sounds stupid or crazy to me. And apparently the brilliant drivers thought more of how much they could then rip him off, for instead of the legal consequences.

But his telling a friend he did something bad is important. Anyone have a link?

Here it is...message #192:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5245282&highlight=bad#post5245282

"I had to just before May 30, still in contact with Joran. He was in Peru... He asked me several times to send money, and had (own words), in all states, and quite depressed. He said small amounts (to eat), and was quite angry when I refused to send. He actually said funny things to do, because nobody wanted to help...

It is an accumulation of frustration, for that moment (the lack of money in a distant, foreign country), but his total life. It was all too much to him.
I say to this, the quarrel and argument with the girl was probably about money. ...Afterwards, I had spoken to him, he said "to have done something bad." He said no matter what, but it was pretty panicked."

To relieve the stress. I was wondering if everyone here watches/has watched Dexter? And their favorite year?

Does Dex have things in common with Joran? Or would Joran just be another victim of Dexter who tries to kill only (other) serial killers?

oops. so sorry. I thought I had read every post to catch up. Back to lurking! Way to go on-the-ball WS'ers!! :)

You shouldn't have to apologize for bringing good information to the thread. It can be very difficult to read through all the posts (especially with the abundance of speculating and theories). I'd rather have useful links posted twice than not at all. So I say, thanks.

To relieve the stress. I was wondering if everyone here watches/has watched Dexter? And their favorite year?

Does Dex have things in common with Joran? Or would Joran just be another victim of Dexter who tries to kill only (other) serial killers?
============

Answer to that is YES !!!!
But I haven't finished last season yet ..I am where him & the DA (his new BFF) Dex killed guy that was on cruise ship
----------------------------

I found this site ... some pretty good info
http://www.isst-d.org/education/faq-dissociation.htm

Dissociation and Dissociative Disorders

Here it is...message #192:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5245282&highlight=bad#post5245282

"I had to just before May 30, still in contact with Joran. He was in Peru... He asked me several times to send money, and had (own words), in all states, and quite depressed. He said small amounts (to eat), and was quite angry when I refused to send. He actually said funny things to do, because nobody wanted to help...

It is an accumulation of frustration, for that moment (the lack of money in a distant, foreign country), but his total life. It was all too much to him.
I say to this, the quarrel and argument with the girl was probably about money. ...Afterwards, I had spoken to him, he said "to have done something bad." He said no matter what, but it was pretty panicked."

Thank you so much, FLNY.

That is some post. Who is this Jaap Amesz? A good friend of Joran's?

I also note how it says he was eating little due to financial losses.

And there are illnesses that are known to cause severe physical and mental problems when caloric intake is reduced!

Exactly! And according to JVS himself, he was seeing a psychologist (for anger, deceit and theft) before the NH incident, that is, while being largely unsupervised in his nightly activities. Unleashing your unstable minor child on the public is morally blameworthy.

I wonder if there is a possibility of ANVS being sued for wrongful death due to this kind of negligence?

I wonder if there is a possibility of ANVS being sued for wrongful death due to this kind of negligence?
She doesn't have anything left ...and he is no longer a minor. Not sure about statue of limitations of his past sins though.

Well said Rotterdam!

I have said I am an expert on vastly deeper conspiratorial matters, and usually don't get involved in matters like JVDS. But thought this was a matter that does involve much deeper things with many of the deeper conspiracies. Not just the Van Der Sloots. If you know anything about that (and I will not get into it here), you merely need to go to Peter DeVries website and see his phone number...

Link, please? Also, what should we look for concerning DeVries number? Now I'm curious!

I also wondered if Anita could be held as an accomplice if it could be proven that Joran had called and told her what he'd done to Stephany.

MOO

============

Answer to that is YES !!!!

----------------------------

I found this site ... some pretty good info
http://www.isst-d.org/education/faq-dissociation.htm

Dissociation and Dissociative Disorders

Thanks Getsmart.

And that looks like a good site. It seems to imply that only trauma can casue "Dissociation." And I am sure that aspect explains many cases.

But this may blow you away. There are physicians--some even have dual certifications in psychiatry and allergy--that report severe food reactions causing what used to be called multiple personality disorder. And then remarkably--and probably due to the interaction of the immune and nervous sytems--the different personalities had different allergies to different foods!

I note again how Joran's friend stated Joran wasn't eating much due to running out of money. So not only did he not have money to fly out of there, he may not have had money to eat at the time he killed poor Stephany. Again not an excuse, but there are illnesses that cause derangement when caloric intake gets low.

I also wondered if Anita could be held as an accomplice if it could be proven that Joran had called and told her what he'd done to Stephany.

MOO

I guess a lawyer (I am not) would say the issue is --did she aid and abet?

But Peruvian law, I think is tronger. If you know something about a criminal act, and don't tell authorites about it right away, you can be arrested, is my understanding.

Can Anita be arrested if and when she lands on Peruvian soil?

Of course, if Joran just said he felt people were watching him and following him, but did not admit to killing Stephany, the matter appears moot.

One thing I think appears almost definite now, yes?

I think we can totally lay to rest the notions that Stephany was brought to her room to be raped, or to celebrate some "anniversary".

Are we all in agreement now, that robbery was the motive. He not only didn't have money to fly out of there, he was running out of money to even eat.

Thanks Getsmart.

And that looks like a good site. It seems to imply that only trauma can casue "Dissociation." And I am sure that aspect explains many cases.

But this may blow you away. There are physicians--some even have dual certifications in psychiatry and allergy--that report severe food reactions causing what used to be called multiple personality disorder. And then remarkably--and probably due to the interaction of the immune and nervous sytems--the different personalities had different allergies to different foods!

I note again how Joran's friend stated Joran wasn't eating much due to running out of money. So not only did he not have money to fly out of there, he may not have had money to eat at the time he killed poor Stephany. Again not an excuse, but there are illnesses that cause derangement when caloric intake gets low.

I just found another site talking about that very thing. It seems I am step behind LOL !!

I do not agree with that site believing it could be all caused by trauma either.

What I was looking for was documentation on facial expressions or looks changing instantly.....still looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname