Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insane is did you know right from wrong at the time you committed the crime. There are thousands of people with mental illness but they are not insane.

I thought we were discussing two different things I"m sorry. Yes, insanity is a legal term right? I thought we were talking about mental illness vs. personality disorders? I'm kind of confused. :)

Wondering whether the blunt trauma to the torso, down to her naval, would indicate an instrument? Perhaps, in typing out post, answered my own question - Yeah, his hands/fists, etc.. The brutality astounds me.

I think the "blunt" is in contradistinction to something sharp, like a knife. So it wasn't the latter. It still could have been a "blunt" instrument. Or I wonder if he ended up sitting on her, caving in her chest. He said he strangled her for a minute and then did the same with a shirt. Scuff marks they said indicated carpet burns, he was probably terribly rough with her during and after rendering her unconcious.

But they did not list the torso injury as a COD. The truma to the cranium/brain and neck were listed as CODs.

Wondering whether the blunt trauma to the torso, down to her naval, would indicate an instrument? Perhaps, in typing out post, answered my own question - Yeah, his hands/fists, etc.. The brutality astounds me.

I thought of that too epiphany. Didn't he state (if we can trust what he ever says about anything) that he sat on her chest at one point?

There was a case in Central Texas where a teachers aide sat on a students chest so that she could restrain him and there was a term used for the crushing injury it caused his torso. I can't remember it right now. Wonder if that would fit? Someone here might know what the name to those type injuries.

Although not the COD maybe it caused those injuries? I don't know. Fists sound about right too though.

I thought of that too epiphany. Didn't he state (if we can trust what he ever says about anything) that he sat on her chest at one point?

There was a case in Central Texas where a teachers aide sat on a students chest so that she could restrain him and there was a term used for the crushing injury it caused his torso. I can't remember it right now. Wonder if that would fit? Someone here might know what the name to those type injuries.

Although not the COD maybe it caused those injuries? I don't know. Fists sound about right too though.

Ah, yes (Said he sat on her chest.). Maybe knee/body drops on to her torso.

Flail chest?
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/433779-overview

Thanks CBTampa for this link
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6597757.shtml

"They'll be lining up to kill him. He has no hope. He has no chance.

"And I could give advice to his mother, that I would go out and buy a black dress and get ready for the funeral, because it's gonna be all over pretty soon."

That's the case even though van Sloot is being kept away from fellow inmates, Levine says. "He's in solitary. He's living in a cellblock that has ten cells to it. He's living by himself. ... His existence is just about over. … It doesn't really matter if they isolate him because, even in a U.S. prison, people can get to people.

"I talked to my buddy, Bobby the Bookmaker, in Vegas. He says you can't even get a line on the guy, because he's a dead man. Nobody's picking up the action on this. The show's over for this kid. He needs to face the facts."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This says it all.... no more need for discussion on how the inmates have befriended him.. Bull that's all that is. When gamblers in Vegas won't pick up on the action that says it all.

I think that article has a lot of media hype.
Joran did not rape or killed a child. Nor did he kill one of their own. He killed an upper class lady for her money of a father with political connections. Various inmates have probably similar charges . There is extreme poverty in Peru and rich folks are not looked upon as needing any sympathy.
With Joran in their midst, they may get more amenities since the eyes of the world are on him and the Peruvian authorities are putting on quite some propaganda as it applies to humane treatment.
He might be ok. He has to be careful with the cabbies though when he starts spouting his lies. They could have buddies in the prison.

In any event, it is such an overkill and shows such hatred and extreme violence towards women (likely with just his own body/hands, fists, (shirt) etc.), that I stand by a sexual rejection.

Anything in autopsy report about broken ribs? Do we know? My mind is blank as to whether or not we have that yet!

I thought we were discussing two different things I"m sorry. Yes, insanity is a legal term right? I thought we were talking about mental illness vs. personality disorders? I'm kind of confused. :)

It o.k Kat these post move so fast and it's hard to read all of it, it's normal to be confused.

Footage of Luigi (sp?) Prison - Hell on Earth
the worst prison in the world - Human Rights Commission
no food in prison, cook>but no water
will kill for plate of beans

Do you recall if that student died?

Judge will arrive @ 10:00 AM on Monday
will stay till 2 PM
will perform some medical checkups again
his lawyer told reporter in Lima>trying to get confession thrown out
no, Anita has not arrived; atty told him (reporter) she would delay her trip cause she wants the case to cool down

GR: sayin it will be life
KGarfoyle: they want blood, death, end of his life
KG: it's a hostile environment; it's prob dangerous for her to go there now - it's good decision right now

After all is said and done Joran may be begging to stay at Castro Castro and consider himself lucky to do so !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix