GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the rat has a bunch of friends that like hanging around the "Poops" potty hole!

When we first heard of the story of him being disturbed about the rat, I just cracked up thinking ''good golly miss molly that would be least of my worries there LOL" -- I hope that he's either
(a) found good recipes for rat or
(b) learned how to make a pet of him

I constantly have to correct my thought process from saying that he is a murder, to suspected murder. Regardless what the publicized evidence suggests, he has not been convicted of anything.

I wouldn't throw myself into the JVDS sympathizer, but I also try to force myself to continue to think "innocent until proven guilty". He is in prison because there is sufficient evidence to charge him, but he has not been convicted.

However, if he is convicted (I agree there is a high likelihood that he will be), I am of the opinion that he should stay in jail. I also feel much more satisfied knowing that he is still alive in there.

I am reminded of a 'How I Met Your Mother' episode. If this analogy violates rules on this board, please delete.

It is about the 'SlapsGiving'. For those who don't watch the show, without going into a lot of backstory, one character is granted 5 slaps to be handed out whenever, on another character. The fear that ensues is because he never knows when it might happen.

There is something semi-satisfying that JVDS will, hopefully if guilty, live the remainder of his life in contant fear that he will never know when his life might be up and/or if something might happen to him.

All in my opinion.

I constantly have to correct my thought process from saying that he is a murder, to suspected murder. Regardless what the publicized evidence suggests, he has not been convicted of anything.

I wouldn't throw myself into the JVDS sympathizer, but I also try to force myself to continue to think "innocent until proven guilty". He is in prison because there is sufficient evidence to charge him, but he has not been convicted.

However, if he is convicted (I agree there is a high likelihood that he will be), I am of the opinion that he should stay in jail. I also feel much more satisfied knowing that he is still alive in there.

I am reminded of a 'How I Met Your Mother' episode. If this analogy violates rules on this board, please delete.

It is about the 'SlapsGiving'. For those who don't watch the show, without going into a lot of backstory, one character is granted 5 slaps to be handed out whenever, on another character. The fear that ensues is because he never knows when it might happen.

There is something semi-satisfying that JVDS will, hopefully if guilty, live the remainder of his life in contant fear that he will never know when his life might be up and/or if something might happen to him.

All in my opinion.

Well stated. If convicted, for what he has put the Holloway family and the Flores family through, spending a long life in Peruvian prison with one eye always open, is justice. Being killed is too easy a way out.

I just received this notice...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/20/peru.van.der.sloot/

snipped...

(CNN) -- A panel of Peruvian judges is considering whether to uphold the confession of Joran van der Sloot, who is accused of killing a 21-year-old woman.

The three-judge appellate panel is expected to hand down a decision in about a week.

So... maybe we'll here something in about a week, eh?? I hope so!!

I am assuming that they have enough evidence to continue to prosecute though, even without the confession.

From what I have read/heard, they do. However, if the defense can have the confession thrown out, it will worry me about what else they will possibly succeed in throwing out.

I am assuming that they have enough evidence to continue to prosecute though, even without the confession.

From what I have read/heard, they do. However, if the defense can have the confession thrown out, it will worry me about what else they will possibly succeed in throwing out.
I seriously doubt they would succeed in having the hotel video excluded and that in itself is very damaging whatever defense Joran may come up with. MOO

All in my opinion.

I agree with you. I think a little differently on your first 2 paragraphs though. IMO if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck. I have no problem calling him guilty in Stepheny's case and since this isn't a court of law, rather a message board, I feel I can think and say that. (smile)

Well all the other things Joran was complaining about have already been before a Judge and he threw nothing out; it's good to go.
Just in case there's some very strange ocurrance and Joran should get off, Alabama is waiting on him for the fraud charges.
If he was able to get out, he wouldn't get far; not after what he did to one of their own and family.
He needs to start getting used to Castro Castro as it will be his home for some years.
Who knows, it's only a week or so and he gets to join the general population; he may start singing some truths to get preferencial treatment since he's scared of joining the general pop.

I just saw an ad for a new program re: JVS coming up this Saturday on A&E at 10 pm - 'Who is the Real Joran Van der Sloot'.

It showed quick snippets from lots of folks, including Terror Jaap, Melody, Dr. Kobolinski (forensics expert) and several others I didn't recognize right off the bat.

From my comcast guide:

"Examining the case of murder suspect Joran Van der Sloot through forensic evidence, psychological evaluations and comments from those who know him. He is a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, and later confessed to killing a woman. (2010), (Documentary).

Looks good! DVR set and ready! :woohoo:

I won't get a chance to see that, and it sounds interesting. Please take notes for us. Thanks.

If the death penalty was not in effect at the time the murder was committed, how could this be? :waitasec:

Maybe the grandfather law, or whatever it is called or referred to, would only be for already convicted murderers??? Since JVS has yet to be convicted, it would still pertain...for all those who think the DP would be appropiate...pray they stall for time until it's passed.

All in my opinion.

I totally understand what you are saying, but I think some people have the capabilities of "getting past" this, probably more than we like to think in the prison atmosphere. And in reality, including ourselves.... not too many people do have the fore knowledge, except maybe death row inmates. Maybe that fear is greater?

Just being locked up, with no real freedoms ever again...would be bad enough for me...imo. Can't imagine what it would be like to be enclosed with a window or yard view and never be able to go over and say touch a tree on the other side of a fence.

Good thought though, and maybe after watching the show tomorrow night, we may get a closer glimpse at his psyche and how he may react to such circumstances. Maybe something the press could ask the people who have been close.....or think they know him. I know I'd like to hear it.

If Peru got the death penalty back, it would not be retroactive. They got rid of it in 1979, and Garcia just seemed to be thinking out loud. It likely will never come to be because they'd have every human rights group down their backs. It would need a few sessions in Parliament as well. I just can't see a country going backwards.
IMHO, I want to see murderers kept alive and incarcerated so that they can learn to deal with their demons.

I just saw an ad for a new program re: JVS coming up this Saturday on A&E at 10 pm - 'Who is the Real Joran Van der Sloot'.

It showed quick snippets from lots of folks, including Terror Jaap, Melody, Dr. Kobolinski (forensics expert) and several others I didn't recognize right off the bat.

From my comcast guide:

"Examining the case of murder suspect Joran Van der Sloot through forensic evidence, psychological evaluations and comments from those who know him. He is a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, and later confessed to killing a woman. (2010), (Documentary).

Looks good! DVR set and ready! :woohoo:

My cable listing shows an A&E program on Sat following the JVDS program....it's about the Natalee Holloway case.

My cable listing shows an A&E program on Sat following the JVDS program....it's about the Natalee Holloway case.

I think that's a rerun from 2008. But I'll certainly watch it again. :)

A&E's description of program tonight:

Multiple times over the past five years, Joran van der Sloot has alternatively been arrested for, confessed to and recanted his involvement in the May 30, 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Now, it seems, the law, and his own hubris, may have finally caught up with him...

More at link:

http://www.aetv.com/listings/episode_details.do?episodeid=588250

I was just logging in to tell about the Holloway program too. :) I'm in the SW, so JVS's is at 8 and NH's is at 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua