Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH!! This really makes me angry. There he goes again blaming poor little Stephany Flores for her own murder. :furious:

He is a misogynist who has always treated woman as second class citizens. I would be surprised if he has only killed 2 woman.

I hope that the Peruvian interrogators are able to get him to confess to the Aruba murder and maybe even tell the family where the body was placed.

I am glad this monster is off the streets.

I'm bumping these for people who might have missed them:

The first one is short (only 2 minutes) and talks just about Lurigancho

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWCEiNZfnz0&feature=fvst[/ame]

This second one is the whole documentary by National Geographic. They cover several prisons - the segment on Lurigancho starts around the 26 minute mark. This is very good and gives a whole lot of info.

[ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/139350/inside-worlds-toughest-prisons"]Hulu - Inside: World's Toughest Prisons - Watch the full episode now.@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/CwZYgZHAbqVNFb7HNV0Vsg@@AMEPARAM@@CwZYgZHAbqVNFb7HNV0Vsg[/ame]

I really don't see the authorities allowing him to go here. He'd be better off dead - at least he wouldn't suffer like he is going to here.

I did translate the Republica article. It says that Sloot was crying when he was confessing. Looks like a lot of folks missed this nuance. When did we ever hear of this monster crying?

He kills her over using his laptop without permission when he discovers that she googled his name? Sheeesh.

35 years in a Peruvian prison. He kills the daughter of a famous Peruvian race car driver. What is the life expectancy of our Sloot now? I give him a month, tops.

Was he hiding in Peru so he wouldn't get arrested on the extortion charge? Did that lead to this?

Epiphany, not sure about the trial reference but did find this article with a little more information about it...

snipped>>

This confession provides grounds to accuse van der Sloot of homicide instead of aggravated robbery or aggravated murder, which have longer prison penalties.

According to the Peruvian criminal defense attorney Mario Amoretti, van der Sloot could be seeking the benefits of what Peruvian laws call “Honest Confession,” since the Peruvian justice system often issues a lighter sentence in cases where the suspect confesses.

In that case, he would be sentenced to between six and 20 years of prison,

“However, he still has to prove that Flores actually used his computer during that time,” pointed out Amoretti to El Comercio.

Van der Sloot could be formally charged tomorrow (June 8), and may be held at one of three prisons: Castro Castro, Piedras Gordas or Lurigancho.

eta link: http://www.livinginperu.com/news-12...er-sloot-pleads-guilty-stephany-flores-murder

I have no faith in the Peruvian justice system... it's clearly corrupt. With that corruption, it can go either way. They can pay other prisoners to kill him or he & his mama can pay them to let him go or provide privileges that will keep him cozy for the next 6 years.

The only thing going for this whole case is the torture Joran may or may not be put through while in one of their famously horrible prisons.

Still, no faith whatsoever. Only time will tell.

From what I heard it is 6-20 yrs for manslaughter whereas murder was 15-30yrs, right?

Somewhere on one of the shows in the last few days it mentioned that JVDS gets $50K/yr (trust maybe). I wonder if that is enough to buy him some comfort AND also protection in jail. And if his mother throws some money in too could he actually survive his sentence?

I think three countries might be working together? Or two exposing one? Hillary is in Peru, I read today. I sure hope they work together but Stephanies father, in the translated articles I read, showed how much he felt for Natalee and her family. I can see Peru and Stephanie's father helping to get that confession for Natalee?

Epiphany, not sure about the trial reference but did find this article with a little more information about it...

snipped>>

This confession provides grounds to accuse van der Sloot of homicide instead of aggravated robbery or aggravated murder, which have longer prison penalties.

According to the Peruvian criminal defense attorney Mario Amoretti, van der Sloot could be seeking the benefits of what Peruvian laws call “Honest Confession,” since the Peruvian justice system often issues a lighter sentence in cases where the suspect confesses.

In that case, he would be sentenced to between six and 20 years of prison,

“However, he still has to prove that Flores actually used his computer during that time,” pointed out Amoretti to El Comercio.

Van der Sloot could be formally charged tomorrow (June 8), and may be held at one of three prisons: Castro Castro, Piedras Gordas or Lurigancho.

eta link: http://www.livinginperu.com/news-12...er-sloot-pleads-guilty-stephany-flores-murder

Yes, that info was on the other thread. Thanks for posting on this one I was just thinking of going back to search for it. You save me a lot of time!

What do we know about these 3 prisons and wasn't there one of those 3 that they said they doubted he would go too because it was already too over crowded?

We have to remember who we are dealing with here this is JVS, the same person who confessed to how Natalie died , what was it 59...100 times, lets see he wasn't with her, he was and dropped her off. she stopped breathing on the beach, he sold her, she fell from a balcony.... he will take back the confession and say he was forced. Dont fall for this guys, this aint his first Rodeo, he has been here before and knows how to wiggle out of it.

He isn't in Aruba anymore. He is in the foreign country accused of killing that country's citizen.
How is he going to wiggle out of this one?

Thanks, EveryoneNeedsaV! He'll have to prove that she was tampering with his computer without his permission. That matches what we heard on one of shows - if he confesses, a trial would take/last about 6 months.

He is a misogynist who has always treated woman as second class citizens. I would be surprised if he has only killed 2 woman.

I hope that the Peruvian interrogators are able to get him to confess to the Aruba murder and maybe even tell the family where the body was placed.

I am glad this monster is off the streets.

I agree James, and would also agree with the oft reported sentiment that he is quite possibly a serial killer.

The fact that he confessed doesn't mean he's sorry, it means the little sociopath knew he would get a break if he did. I doubt this story is over though, he seems to like the attention.

Natalee Hollaway was most likely not his first victim, let's pray that Stephany is his last and he gets the type of justice he deserves.

Just what does he deserve? I don't mean the things running thru our minds.
The death penalty, life in prison (under humane conditions) or 10 years in the Peru prisons.(20 years out in 1/2 that time).
Whats the difference between him and the rest of the monsters we sleuth about in here every day?

From PERÚ21.pe June 7. 2010

Actual Text

En la confesión, dada a conocer por el noticiero América Noticias, el extranjero dijo haber consumado el crimen de Stephany a las 8:11 am, al retornar a la habitación luego de haber ido de compras. Al percatarse de que la joven revisó su laptop reaccionó con violencia, le dio una bofetada y la desnucó, provocándole la muerte.

Señaló, asimismo, que abandonó el hotel a las 8:56 am con sus objetos personales, entre ellas su laptop.

Truckbomb's free translation:

In the confession brought to light by the newscast, American News, the foreigner was said to have carried out the crime against Stephany at 8:11 am upon returning to the room after having gone shopping. Upon noticing that the young woman invaded his laptop he reacted with violence, giving her a blow and breaking her neck, causing her death. The confession indicated, also, that he left the hotel at 8:56 a.m. with his personal effects, among them his laptop.

---------------------------------------------------------

If we are to believe Sloot's confession, we now learn that Stephany was in the room all night. WTF?

From what I heard it is 6-20 yrs for manslaughter whereas murder was 15-30yrs, right?

Somewhere on one of the shows in the last few days it mentioned that JVDS gets $50K/yr (trust maybe). I wonder if that is enough to buy him some comfort AND also protection in jail. And if his mother throws some money in too could he actually survive his sentence?

I think you're onto something Cher. He's confessing to lower his sentence -- he must know that they'll have enough evidence to convict him of something...after all there is a body this time.

Foolishly he implicates himself once again in Natalee's case and I would also suspect that when analyzed his computer will show emails and the like of his attempted shakedown of Beth....but will we actually get any serious info that will lead to understanding what really happened to Natalee?

Many must be tossing and turning in their beds in Aruba tonight....

Just what does he deserve? I don't mean the things running thru our minds.
The death penalty, life in prison (under humane conditions) or 10 years in the Peru prisons.(20 years out in 1/2 that time).
Whats the difference between him and the rest of the monsters we sleuth about in here every day?

His sadistic taunting of the family is one thing...all of this telling of what "really happened" with a different story each time...and it's only about money.

His sadistic taunting of the family is one thing...all of this telling of what "really happened" with a different story each time...and it's only about money.

and attention. as a sociopath he loves attention... good or bad.

that's why IMHO this thing is far from over.

I'm hoping like a fool that he is scared chit lesx this time. Every crime has it's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon