Peterson's Money

I'm sure he may well have illegal operations and under the table income. He's a scuzzball, IMO.

What I am questioning and would like answers to from someone who lives in the Bollingbrook area, is only related to his legitimate income and retirement.

I do not understand how a desk sargeant with as many disciplinary problems as this man has had could possibly max out at almost $100,000 per year.

- Does Bollingbrook have an extremely high pay scale for police officers compared to the national average, or was Drew P. receiving special commendations/ promotions from his friends- the mayor and the former police chief?

That's what I was thinking as well, Jana. My ex was a cop and he didn't make any where near that kind of salary. And, our lifestyle wasn't as lavish as DP.

Looks like we are thinking alike, :).
Aren't there some posters here from the Bollingbrook area? Surely they know about LE salaries. Their taxes pay these people.

I would think BB does have a high pay scale..how much higher then the norm I wouldn't know. I was reading about the mayor there and he had developers come in to build housess and more or less told them the price range for the type of houses and developments to build..which lead directly to what property tax . He had one developer who he gave the approval to build, but the starting price on the houses had to be above the highest priced houses that were just recently built.

My H is a lieutenant in addition to being a SWAT team leader. His regular salary is nowhere near 97,000, but he does additional law enforcement related work which adds (I'm guessing) over 20,000 to our yearly income. He teaches LE seminars on anti-terrorism which comes from national funds and SWAT weapons training for the state.
Basicly, he works his butt off so I can be available for the kids. No way he could work this much and have time for another business or even a serious hobby, and still we are not making $90,000. Our cheif of police only makes $60-something. Our city has about 200 officers but is looking to hire more. You have to have some college to even be considered but I'm not sure what the minimum is.
I'm sure H will be really happy to know I told you all that.:silenced: I guess if he spies on me like DP did on Stacy I'll hear about it soon enough!

Susan

Is $92,000 a year a normal salary for a desk sargeant at retirement age?
I've been doing research and it seems that the average salary for a policeman of his rank is around $50,000 at the end of their career.

I'm wondering- Does this town have a higher than average pay scale or has the mayor given Peterson special raises?

Depends on the municipality but $92,000 would be a little lower than what other police departments in the NY/NJ area pay (excluding NYC which is much lower). Richer towns/counties pay higher around here. Cities, with their bigger departments, can't afford to pay that much. Suffolk County in NY pays its regular cops about $90,000/year (reached within 7 years of being hired).

The pension seems rather high being more than 75% of his base annual pay. He must have accrued overtime pay that this pension is being based off of.

My father was a police officer for 22 years. He made about 50-55,000 anually, and his pension is just over 1000/month.

BTW.. most police/fire employees make their money on side jobs. My dad made about another 20-25000 a year doing security, etc.

We lived a good life, never wanted for anything, drove nice cars, had a boat, etc.. But nothing compared to what DP has/had.

Depends on the municipality but $92,000 would be a little lower than what other police departments in the NY/NJ area pay (excluding NYC which is much lower). Richer towns/counties pay higher around here. Cities, with their bigger departments, can't afford to pay that much. Suffolk County in NY pays its regular cops about $90,000/year (reached within 7 years of being hired).

The pension seems rather high being more than 75% of his base annual pay. He must have accrued overtime pay that this pension is being based off of.

Thank you for giving a clear idea of what LE in that part of the country make. Salaries are quite different in different regions.

I can understand his salary better now. I thought all cops made around $40,000/yr in the US.

My father was a police officer for 22 years. He made about 50-55,000 anually, and his pension is just over 1000/month.

BTW.. most police/fire employees make their money on side jobs. My dad made about another 20-25000 a year doing security, etc.

We lived a good life, never wanted for anything, drove nice cars, had a boat, etc.. But nothing compared to what DP has/had.

That salary seems much more in line with what I found in online searches for the national averages with 20+ years of experience.
I'm not certain what part of the country your dad worked in, but salaries must vary quite a bit from place to place.

We live in Indiana, about 30 miles from Bolingbrook.

I think it depends on the part of the country and the size of the town. In the small towns in the Rockies in Colorado that would be way too high. These guys start at about 20,000. a year. Of course you get what you pay for.
Can anybody say "ANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYY"

So Drew was at the very high end of the payscale even for BB, according to the info SuziQ found for us. That makes me believe that the force was corrupt in the past and that certain people political owed Drew favors, as in raises. Something really wicked has been happening in BB for atleat the past 10 to 15 years if not more.

I am trying to find my source of info..........but I am certain Drew got 214,000. of KS insurance money for caring for the boys. Also his uncle was the executor of her eastate from the will they found after she was dead a year.. He charged the estate for handling it, I'm certaint it was 100 thousand...there was other insurance policies too & he could of been named on them. He also don't have to pay for college for them because they'll have a plenty to pay there own according to the judge.

Money laundering & being a major crook comes front & center to my mind.

I am quite sure Drew was a cop on the take..his first fire from the BB LE was due to taking drugs in exchange for info..I'm sure money was involved too..After being reinstated that would have added to his arsenal and he would of felt untouchable by LE so I'm sure his criminal pay offs probably never stopped ..just escalated.

I have 2 relatives and just talked to them. One is a retired Federal Parole Officer who was supervisor of his office he retired a few years ago at about half of what DP is going to get and he also has his masters in criminology. Another is a State Trooper and a Sergeant in Indiana. I was told they were very surprised at what they saw his pay and retirement pay was. They also said they didn't think DP even had a college education and the State Trooper had to have a college degree to become a State Trooper. I also think he got into the bar business for the drug money payoff and money laundering. But I think he got the liquor license because whoever wanted the bar could not get one. Here is the link for the application for the state liquor license.
http://www.ci.urbana.il.us/urbana/mayor/forms/State_Liquor_License.pdf

Under the eligibility question 6-27 asks [FONT=Arial,Bold]
"Are you, or any other person with a direct interest in your place of business, a public official or law​
enforcement official in the same jurisdiction as the license?" If his bar was 40 miles away it may have been in a different jurisdiction. He may have not been able to own one in his jurisdiction. He owned the bar in the early 80's and was fired from 85-86. The whole bar ownership reeks of something to me.
[/FONT]

Did you forget his plane? I heard it cost about $20,000. That's a really high salary, I know our cops don't make anywhere near that per year, and they don't have the opportunity in our small town to supplement it.

Oh, and didn't he say something about Stacey getting anything she wanted. I think he mentioned something about breast implants and a few other costly items.

Great post, Grace. I didn't think DP talked or acted like someone who was college educated.
Thank you for doing research about salaries. You talked to people with much more responsibility than DrewP had in Bolingbrook, and they verified what I have been saying- his salary doesn't compute based upon what little we know of his many acts of misconduct.

Good points about his bar and drug trafficking/money laundering too.
I am convinced that he received undeserved raises and promotions for most of his career.

He was riding the gravy train in the conductor's seat at the front end ( police officer) and merrly riding in the caboose too ( his covert illegal activities).

When all of his misdeeds are explored by the state police, and possibly even the FBI if he conducted illegal activities across state lines which money launderers usually do, he could go to prison for a long time just on those offenses. Add the pressure of being suspected and investigated for two murders, and I believe this nut might crack wide open just like another Peterson did. Maybe he will try to make it to the border with hair dyed black or maybe he will take a crooked cop's more usual way out and eat the barrel of his gun.

I have 2 relatives and just talked to them. One is a retired Federal Parole Officer who was supervisor of his office he retired a few years ago at about half of what DP is going to get and he also has his masters in criminology. Another is a State Trooper and a Sergeant in Indiana. I was told they were very surprised at what they saw his pay and retirement pay was. They also said they didn't think DP even had a college education and the State Trooper had to have a college degree to become a State Trooper. I also think he got into the bar business for the drug money payoff and money laundering. But I think he got the liquor license because whoever wanted the bar could not get one. Here is the link for the application for the state liquor license.
http://www.ci.urbana.il.us/urbana/mayor/forms/State_Liquor_License.pdf

Under the eligibility question 6-27 asks
[FONT=Arial,Bold]"Are you, or any other person with a direct interest in your place of business, a public official or law[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Bold]enforcement official in the same jurisdiction as the license?" If his bar was 40 miles away it may have been in a different jurisdiction. He may have not been able to own one in his jurisdiction. He owned the bar in the early 80's and was fired from 85-86. The whole bar ownership reeks of something to me. [/FONT]

Did you forget his plane? I heard it cost about $20,000. That's a really high salary, I know our cops don't make anywhere near that per year, and they don't have the opportunity in our small town to supplement it.

Oh, and didn't he say something about Stacey getting anything she wanted. I think he mentioned something about breast implants and a few other costly items.

Good point. I've never considered the plane as being very significant financially before, because $20,000 is an extremely inexpensive plane, ridiculously cheap, in fact.. It cost less than 1/5th of a full powered, newly purchased, 6 passenger airplane. It looks like cheap claptrap too, though.
Hmm, I bet that little lawnmower with wings flew under the radar really well. Something to think about...

I talked to my friend tonight who is an Illinois State Trooper and he said that Bolingbrook is one of those villages that are known to pay their officers more than other towns around. He also looked up his salary pay scale and found the salary of a Seargant with 25 years on the job...it showed a salary of $102,000 a year. If that is the salary for a State Trooper (who are usually paid less than most local departments) it might not be out of question for someone with 29 years in Bolingbrook. He told me that wasn't out of line for someone in his position, in that particular village, with that amount of years on the job.

He said the starting salary of an officer as of 2007 is $48,000.

State Troopers here are prohibited from owning a bar, working as a bartender, or having any other job that includes liquor.

In Drew's current version of Stacy's departure I have not heard him mention the whereabouts of the expensive ring he is reported to have given her on their wedding anniversary in October. As petty as he is, I would think that he would have mentioned this when listing what she supposedly took to finance her "getaway".
I still beleive that if there really is $25,000 missing from his safe he has it stashed somewhere in case he decides to run off. I also think he probably couldn't bring himself to dump that newly-purchased ring with her body. Wonder where it is????

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back