Picketing in front of baby Lisa's house

:eek:fftopic:

I'm done with the false confession topic. If someone wants to go post a thread, I will respond more there. I'm trying to stay within TOS! :D

Let's get back to the topic of the thread then. The protestors outside the family home - are they within their legal rights? Yes. As are Lisa's parents by refusing to talk to the police. The wisdom, or even ethics of Lisa's parents exercising their legal rights seem to be up for discussion, so let's apply the same standard to the protestors.

Should they be exercising their rights in this way? Should they just butt out and mind their own business? Are they helping, or hindering local LE? If the parents are guilty, will their actions encourage the parents to waive their Fifth Amendment rights and give the police a break, or will they alert the parents to how suspicious they look and encourage them to not talk at all?

:eek:fftopic:

I'm done with the false confession topic. If someone wants to go post a thread, I will respond more there. I'm trying to stay within TOS! :D

Sorry Norest, I wasn't ignoring your questions, I've been out mowing and working in my shop on a new project I'm designing. And NOW the furkids demand I take them out as promised. But I would be happy to discuss that with you, and as a spoiler, I do agree with most of what you say, depending on circumstances, possibly 100%.

gotta run now or shampoo a rug, I prefer to run LOL :rocker:

Sorry, not following you here...I don't know anything about a tabloid and don't know an Edith or JN...so lost on me.

And, I will say as I've said before...I didn't think the protesters would do anything to bring home Lisa, but I still believe that they have a right to do so. This is America.

They're just some pesky facts.

Originally Posted by Jacie Estes

Grand Jury Witness Subpoenas?

Grand Jury Probe Subpoenas?

Conversely, why isn't KCMO LE exercising their authority by issuing subpoenas for them through a Grand Jury?

DB/JI talked to LE, more than once. Everyone keeps parroting talk to LE, they did. IF there is so much evidence that they murdered their baby then why isn't there another Grand Jury?

There is A dog hit that has not been backed up with another hit.

There is tangential 'evidence' that apparently went nowhere.

There is an anecdotal account that just happened to be sold to a tabloid. How much money did that bring in for those who are pushing the anecdotal info? Enough to make up the difference between $145 and the cost of airfare to KCMO? How much respect can be given to someone who 'sells' a story to a tabloid?
There are peeps like Edith and JN who go stand on a street. What did it do to help boost an ego of someone else whose main efforts are spewing vile nonsense on social media?
To what end? What did a trip to KCMO do to help Lisa? IMHO Nothing, not a darned thing.
Wanna protest? Do something that will have an impact.

Sorry Norest, I wasn't ignoring your questions, I've been out mowing and working in my shop on a new project I'm designing. And NOW the furkids demand I take them out as promised. But I would be happy to discuss that with you, and as a spoiler, I do agree with most of what you say, depending on circumstances, possibly 100%.

gotta run now or shampoo a rug, I prefer to run LOL :rocker:

Wow! You could be even busier than me! And, I definitely don't blame you for running! Cleaning a carpet is NO fun! :wave:

Deborah and Jeremy have every right to not talk to LE, and we have every right to judge them for it.

Deborah and Jeremy have every right to not talk to LE, and we have every right to judge them for it.

Yup. Just like we have every right to judge those protestors for this distasteful display.

Let's get back to the topic of the thread then. The protestors outside the family home - are they within their legal rights? Yes. As are Lisa's parents by refusing to talk to the police. The wisdom, or even ethics of Lisa's parents exercising their legal rights seem to be up for discussion, so let's apply the same standard to the protestors.

Should they be exercising their rights in this way? Should they just butt out and mind their own business? Are they helping, or hindering local LE? If the parents are guilty, will their actions encourage the parents to waive their Fifth Amendment rights and give the police a break, or will they alert the parents to how suspicious they look and encourage them to not talk at all?

Well put, Cappuccino. In trying to compare the two actions (parents' refusal to talk and protesters in front of the family home) I believe both parties are in a close dead heat to stall the advancement of finding Baby Lisa. IMO, even though they're both within their legal rights -- I question all of their motives.

I don't pretend to have ferreted out any truth here but I do think that if the parents are found to have been withholding anything that that would be a greater moral injustice than six people demonstrating their impatience with their silence.

But as I say, I don't like either action. Guess I am a true fence sitter. We have just not been given enough facts with which to work out a solid conclusion yet. moo, moo, moo.

Of all the friends and relatives I have, most of them are Mothers and there is not a one
of them that would confess that exercising their constitutional right is/was more important than cooperating with LE to find their missing child.

I really don't care if the protesters set up a campsite in front of their house as long as the protesters remain civilized and protest under the guidelines of the law.

Of all the friends and relatives I have, most of them are Mothers and there is not a one
of them that would confess that exercising their constitutional right is/was more important than cooperating with LE to find their missing child.

I really don't care if the protesters set up a campsite in front of their house as long as the protesters remain civilized and protest under the guidelines of the law.

This is so well put...thank you for saying it. I agree 100%.

That's missing my point, I'm afraid. You said that innocent people might not like being questioned hard by the police, but they know they have to do it for the good of the missing child/whatever. The point I'm trying to get across back is that no they don't have to, and nor should they. Look at what happened to the Crowe family, Kevin Fox, Jerry Hobbs, Martin Tanklieff, Peter O'Reilly, and many others. Innocent people need to exercise their right to remain silent too. I think public awareness of that is spreading, which is why I don't trust the assumption that a family exercising their Fifth Amendment rights is "hinky" or in any way evidence of guilt.

It might just be evidence that they've seen the movie about Michael Crowe.

Read everything you stated. My response: Do they want to find their child or not? Why don't we think about that and not their Fifth Amentment Rigths. Their baby is MISSING, would you not do everything in your power to bring her home?

Read everything you stated. My response: Do they want to find their child or not? Why don't we think about that and not their Fifth Amentment Rigths. Their baby is MISSING, would you not do everything in your power to bring her home?

Interesting isn't it how some think? I'd give up my right to breathe if it meant finding my missing child.

They are not doing everything in their power to make themselves look guilty, they are exercising their Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate themselves. And yes they can whine as much as they like about people saying bad things, because they have the right to free speech too. As you so aptly put it, that is the beauty of America. (No snark here either, both those principles really are worth fighting for, IMO).

As some great man whose name I forget once said - better ten guilty go free than one innocent get convicted. Your constitution is designed to protect that principle, and that is the beauty of America.

Freedom of Speech is getting to be not so much anymore...as more and more are getting in trouble for expressing themselves. America is one, if not the worse country in the free world for crime. That is not the beauty of this country. I don't think it is beautiful that we hear more and more about babies and children vanishing. More and more parents are getting away with murder also. If they can hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP, they walk free most of the time, unless a body is located. Babies are difficult to locate and most of them are in the dump...IMO. :moo: I am tired of this carp. I am tired of defense attorneys stepping in and help the perp cover for the crime...too.

I think something needs to change regarding this and our children. Parents should not be able to hide their victims and then hide behind their attorneys.

I think the protesters are doing what none of us can do. They are trying to get these despicable people to go talk to LE by shaming them. Maybe in their hearts, they know it may be fruitless, but they are doing what they think in their hearts is at least doing something.

These parents are so well insulated that it's disgusting. If it isn't fancy high profile attorneys, it is people who want to scream constitutional rights BS. Both are what these guilty people love to use. They have given nothing to help find their DD. They have carved themselves an improved life though as it was suggested that some media are helping them out with their bills, etc to gain an opportunity to talk to them if Lisa's body is ever found. A tiny baby's body is almost impossible to find.

Instead of being outraged by the parents refusal to talk to LE regarding their missing child, there are people supporting the parents' rights to not talk..WTH?

I think the protesters are doing what none of us can do. They are trying to get these despicable people to go talk to LE by shaming them. Maybe in their hearts, they know it may be fruitless, but they are doing what they think in their hearts is at least doing something.

These parents are so well insulated that it's disgusting. If it isn't fancy high profile attorneys, it is people who want to scream constitutional rights BS. Both are what these guilty people love to use. They have given nothing to help find their DD. They have carved themselves an improved life though as it was suggested that some media are helping them out with their bills, etc to gain an opportunity to talk to them if Lisa's body is ever found. A tiny baby's body is almost impossible to find.

Instead of being outraged by the parents refusal to talk to LE regarding their missing child, there are people supporting the parents' rights to not talk..WTH?

BBM

Saying the same thing over and over again with no proof of such doesn't make it more true. I'm still waiting to see MSM proof that the parents are either living a better, more lavish lifestyle or documented proof they have been paid by anyone.

I was thinking along the same lines with your bolded statement. The protestors may be providing a little external conscience since it seems to be lacking on the part of the parents. I get the need to feel like you have to do *something* and I am not really certain what you could do that would be beneficial to the case itself, especially if you fall onto the "parents are guilty" side.

A few have mentioned the impact of the protestors on the neighborhood. I would hope they are being civil and mindful of the laws. I think I would almost rather have my kids see a peaceful protest than be fearful of some alleged boogeyman thief in the night trying to come after them. I think the latter would be much more damaging to a child living in that neighborhood.

BBM
The parents of this child have the right, under the Fifth Amendment, to remain silent. They have spoken to local law enforcement already and that has done nothing to bring Lisa home, nor has it uncovered any evidence that would lead to the parents being arrested. Enough already. If they are guilty the police haven't made a case, if they are innocent the police haven't made a case against anybody else either. Six nosy parkers exercising their First Amendment rights by parking their butts on the street outside will do nothing to change the Fifth Amendment rights of the family. It will do nothing to help find the child either.

If those parents are guilty, this is probably causing the local police to tear their hair out with frustration. These people are a tiresome nuisance, someone should tell them to go home and mind their own business.
Yes, they have the right to remain silent but truthfully who but the guilty would in the case of your missing child? Oh yeah, Debbie, Jeremy and many guilty parties.
Six nosy ? parkers?? How about six that care about what happened to Lisa and why her parents aren't doing everything they should and could to help bring her home? This screams guilt to me, along with many other things they have done. Jeremy backing Debbie really sent me for a loop because the child, Lisa in this case, should be first and foremost to protect. Not your significant other. I realize some people are desperate for a relationship but to sell your child out for a piece of .....well you get the picture. :banghead:
As for the protestors and stating it will do nothing to help find Lisa. I agree, but what Debbie and Jeremy are doing, or should I say aren't doing, isn't working either!
It is everyone's business when a child is missing! So that is their business as well as mine and everyone here on WS. People care. Sometimes more than the parents.
And the parents of baby Lisa can refuse to talk to the police. That, also, is the beauty of America.
Yes, they can but if they truly wanted their child back then refusing to speak, shouts volumes to me and it's not shouting innocent and help us!

Respectfully snipped by me
How much respect can be given to someone who 'sells' a story to a tabloid?
Exactly! Which seems to be what Debbie and Jeremy have done. Even so much as selling their two children out to the news on Halloween. Seriously who does that, especially after a missing child? Crazy people.

I'll go on record here stating that while it is the protestors right to protest, I don't like it only because of it feeling like the innocent boys, once again, are being victimized. I doubt that the group felt this way, but it is how I feel. I'm sorry they have to live in a home with two adults that are supposed to be guiding them in their lives to do all things right and yet when their little sister comes up missing, to me they are doing it all wrong.
Some day those boys are going to be adults and then Debbie and Jeremy may lose them, too, when they start asking all the hard questions, and having lived in that house with both of them and realizing they didn't do what they should have and could have for an innocent baby!

MOO

Looks like the protesters are having drama - the guy that came into town on a bus, the one Mike Brooks named today on HLN, has been kicked to the curb.

Now there are only five people protesting for Lisa :(

This was posted on the website thread. Anyone know what happened?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back