POI in Lindsey's Case

Ok, one more question and then I will quit for the day!

I know someone had mentioned the hand held radio in his hands a few pages or threads back. My question is, would this radio have police dispatch on it also or just fire?

I believe it's both.

I hadn't heard this either.

What is the exact quote say in the paper? Who says the time stamp is an hour off?

The time, however, was "off by 40-45 minutes, so the actual time was somewhere around 8:40 pm," Sgt. Steve Shumate, investigations supervisor at the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office said Wednesday.

Above quote from article in The Vidette 2/16

"The time, however, was "off by 40-45 minutes, so the actual time was somewhere around 8:40 pm.", Sgt. Steve Shumate, investigations supervisor at the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office said Wednesday."

The Vidette 2/16

Well that puts a whole new spin on things. Wonder why the main stream media wasn't given this information.

it didn't get dark until about 10:00 pm that night.. it was the longest day of the year I believe.

I read that but it still looks awful bright out for 40 minutes before dark.

ETA: Ok, so 8:20... Sounds like that timestamp needs to be verified...

I read that but it still would've been darker out at 40 minutes before sunset.

No, because the video was taken during the 8 o'clock hour. Even where I live, which is 4 hours south of McCleary, it's bright daylight outside during the 8PM hour in June.

I read that but it still looks awful bright out for 40 minutes before dark.

ETA: Ok, so 8:20... Sounds like that timestamp needs to be verified...

Yeah, for some reason the Vidette is the only place that is reporting the time stamp thing. I'm completely confused.

I've messaged a few people to see what they know about this. Hoping to get a confirmation.

I also thought he acted nervous on camera. The looks out the door, dropping something from his pocket.

I don't think he would have had Lindsey in the car waiting for him while he was in the market but maybe.

He could have seen her walking, decided that he was going to attempt to get her in his car. Ducked into Mike's to get a soda and chips (enticement) and then asked her if she wanted a ride. How far is Mike's from Lindsey's house? Is it directly on the path she would have been walking?

I also thought he acted nervous on camera. The looks out the door, dropping something from his pocket.

I don't think he would have had Lindsey in the car waiting for him while he was in the market but maybe.

He could have seen her walking, decided that he was going to attempt to get her in his car. Ducked into Mike's to get a soda and chips (enticement) and then asked her if she wanted a ride. How far is Mike's from Lindsey's house? Is it directly on the path she would have been walking?

If he's looking nervous because he's trying to just happen upon Lindsey, then this could be completely premeditated. :thud:

Mikes is on Simpson and 4th... one block north of Maple (the road she was walking down to get home). So from Mikes you'd either have to drive one block east on Simpson, turn south onto 3rd, go a block and turn east onto Mommsen Or head south on 4th, turn east on Maple, go across 3rd onto Mommsen.

Essentially it's the same distance.

Tommi Halvorsen Gatlin is the reporter for The Vidette "New clues in search" story 2/16 - Sgt Steve Shumate Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office investigations supervisor quoted as saying Wed. that "actual time was somewhere around 8:40 pm" concerning video.

Might be worth calling Vidette 360 249 3311

Honestly, I think whoever did it.. it was a crime of opportunity. No premeditation. Maybe they had thought about it before but never had a chance. I don't know. But I don't think whoever did it was planning to do it this day.. I think they just had the perfect opportunity and sprung into action.

If he's looking nervous because he's trying to just happen upon Lindsey, then this could be completely premeditated. :thud:

Exactly and the reason why I am not too concerned about the time on the video being different.

He initially told the cops and tried to supply written documentation that he was at a class in Belfair when Lindsey disappeared. He wanted to place himself FAR, away from McCleary until AFTER she went missing and he showed up by Melissa's house. Sorry, but we looked at this guy well over a year ago and I truly believe he's the one. Pretty sure LE knows it too ...

He says he showed investigators a "certificate" showing that he had been in a class in Belfair until 9 p.m. on June 26 and couldn't have made it to McCleary by 9:15 p.m. But he says FBI investigators then determined that the class actually had ended at 8:15 p.m.

http://www.komonews.com/news/Invest...indsey-Baum-case-139031194.html?m=y&smobile=y

Honestly, I think whoever did it.. it was a crime of opportunity. No premeditation. Maybe they had thought about it before but never had a chance. I don't know. But I don't think whoever did it was planning to do it this day.. I think they just had the perfect opportunity and sprung into action.

IF that video was taken at 8:40, then I think the jeweler was hopped up on something. He looks stoned and edgy and hyper. I think he may have gone to his store, as it was probably closing time. He may have been in the pking lot of his store when Lindsey walked by. He may have offered her a ride home. Since it was late and she was alone, she may have accepted. Especially if she knew him because of being in his store before.

Mikes is on Simpson and 4th... one block north of Maple (the road she was walking down to get home). So from Mikes you'd either have to drive one block east on Simpson, turn south onto 3rd, go a block and turn east onto Mommsen Or head south on 4th, turn east on Maple, go across 3rd onto Mommsen.

Essentially it's the same distance.

At 8:30-8:45 that night, where would Lindsey have been? Just your best guess will do.

How far away was the 'class' he was taking. It supposedly let out at 8:15.

At 8:30-8:45 that night, where would Lindsey have been? Just your best guess will do.

She was last seen by the neighbor at 9;15, a half a block away from the jewelry store owned by the suspect.

At 8:30 -8:45 she was still with her friends. The parents did not ask her to go home until later, I believe. [ They should have driven her home. :mad:]

ETA: I just went to the timeline thread. At 8:15 she was in a video store with her friends. Then she went home, asked if she could go have a sleepover. She and her brother walked together to a friends house at about 8:30 or 8:45. She was only at the friends until about 9 or 9:15 when the parents there told her she should walk home before it gets dark.

If I remember correctly.. home getting ready to go to KKs.

He says he showed investigators a "certificate" showing that he had been in a class in Belfair until 9 p.m. on June 26 and couldn't have made it to McCleary by 9:15 p.m. But he says FBI investigators then determined that the class actually had ended at 8:15 p.m.

"I still don't remember being here the night Lindsey disappeared, but they have me at Mike's (Market) at 21:15 on their camera, 'cause I looked at the picture, and I said, 'Yeah, that is me.' But I still don't remember being here at that time."

Hartman tells KOMO News he made an ambulance run later in the evening of June 26, and when he returned to McCleary, the search for Lindsey already was under way.
http://www.komonews.com/news/Invest...indsey-Baum-case-139031194.html?m=y&smobile=y

Hartman obviously did not know the time stamp was wrong either ...

She was last seen by the neighbor at 9;15, a half a block away from the jewelry store owned by the suspect.

At 8:30 -8:45 she was still with her friends. The parents did not ask her to go home until later, I believe. [ They should have driven her home. :mad:]

BBM

I just have to say one thing. Kara has become a very dear friend of mine. And this remark really upsets me. You have no idea just how much guilt that woman carries on a daily basis because they didn't give her a ride home that night.
It's not Karas fault Lindsey went missing (and I am hoping you didn't intend for it to sound that way). I have said this a million times and I will say it a million more. NO ONE is to blame but the person who took Lindsey that night. NO ONE should be blamed or made to feel guilty except for the person who took Lindsey.

Now.. off my soap box.

How far away was the 'class' he was taking. It supposedly let out at 8:15.

48 Minutes according to mapquest. So if the class let out at 8:15, he must have driven directly to Mike's from there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back