POI in Lindsey's Case

He says he showed investigators a "certificate" showing that he had been in a class in Belfair until 9 p.m. on June 26 and couldn't have made it to McCleary by 9:15 p.m. But he says FBI investigators then determined that the class actually had ended at 8:15 p.m.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Investigators-seek-2-women-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139031194.html

Yahoo Maps says it takes 56 minutes to drive from Belfair to McCleary. It is a 40 mile drive. I know yahoo isn't always accurate as far as drive time. How long does it actually take to make this drive?

If you drive the speed limit (which I believe ranges from 45-55) its about an hours drive from McCleary to Belfair but most people do well over the speed limit (60-70).

BBM

I just have to say one thing. Kara has become a very dear friend of mine. And this remark really upsets me. You have no idea just how much guilt that woman carries on a daily basis because they didn't give her a ride home that night.
It's not Karas fault Lindsey went missing (and I am hoping you didn't intend for it to sound that way). I have said this a million times and I will say it a million more. NO ONE is to blame but the person who took Lindsey that night. NO ONE should be blamed or made to feel guilty except for the person who took Lindsey.

Now.. off my soap box.

That ship sailed a long time ago for me and I'm ashamed of some of the things I said regarding her, back in the beginning.

You're right to stick up for Kara!
icon14.gif

BBM

I just have to say one thing. Kara has become a very dear friend of mine. And this remark really upsets me. You have no idea just how much guilt that woman carries on a daily basis because they didn't give her a ride home that night.
It's not Karas fault Lindsey went missing (and I am hoping you didn't intend for it to sound that way). I have said this a million times and I will say it a million more. NO ONE is to blame but the person who took Lindsey that night. NO ONE should be blamed or made to feel guilty except for the person who took Lindsey.

Now.. off my soap box.

I did not mean to sound rude. And I am very sorry for your friend and the guilt she must feel. My heart breaks for her. I would be devastated. But I do think that if a young child is at your home, and you decide they need to go home, that it is best to contact the child's parents and then decide how to make that happen. Sorry, and I know it is sensitive subject. But it was 9:15, and she was all alone, walking home past gas stations and convenience stores. That was a poor decision by your friend, imo. :rose:

I did not mean to sound rude. And I am very sorry for your friend and the guilt she must feel. My heart breaks for her. I would be devastated. But I do think that if a young child is at your home, and you decide they need to go home, that it is best to contact the child's parents and then decide how to make that happen. Sorry, and I know it is sensitive subject. But it was 9:15, and she was all alone, walking home past gas stations and convenience stores. That was a poor decision by your friend, imo. :rose:

We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

This thread isn't about Kara or what people think are poor decisions on her part. This is about Tim Hartman--the person of interest.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

This thread isn't about Kara or what people think are poor decisions on her part. This is about Tim Hartman--the person of interest.

I agree, he should be the focus.

This was one of the longest days of the year and didn’t get dark until around 10:30 that night. It was still daylight out as she left for the short 5-10 minute walk home.

http://www.findlindseybaum.com/

Until just right now. I was under the belief it was dark that evening.
I never consciously realized it was still light out as if it was 3 or 6 pm that day. Always viewed this as occurring during darkness.

So Tim apparently told LE that he was on an ambulance run that evening. So was that supposedly after his class that night? When was that supposed to have happened?

FYI, I wasn't aware that Mike's Market where the video of Tim Hartman was released from is a completely different store than the Shell Station where previous video of shoppers was released. I had assumed it was the same place till I started to look at timestamps of other videos.

I have a question for the mods.

If someone was to scan the article from todays Vidette.. could I post it on here?

I have a question for the mods.

If someone was to scan the article from todays Vidette.. could I post it on here?

I think we are only allowed to post 10% of any given article because ofd copyright restrictions. You can copy some small excerpts and describe the other parts, I believe. [ unless it is a blog and not a news article.]

I think we are only allowed to post 10% of any given article because ofd copyright restrictions. You can copy some small excerpts and describe the other parts, I believe. [ unless it is a blog and not a news article.]

The problem is that it isn't online yet. I looked at the online site and the last article on there is from the 9th. I'm hoping they load it sooner than later!

Unfortunately, no. It would be a copyright violation. :sigh:

But.. I paid for the paper. Doesn't that mean it's mine and I own the words now?

Darn rules anyways. ;)

ok, so I can "summarize" it and that'll be ok right?

They said they released a video Feb 9 in hopes of identifying two women. The time stamp on the video is 9:19 pm June 26, 2009 the night the 10 year old girl vanished while walking home on Maple Street which passes abouta block from Mikes Market.
Sgt Shumate is quoted as saying the time stamp is off by 40-45 minutes, so the actual time was somewhere around 8:40 pm.
The last confirmed sighting of Lindsey was 9:35 that night.
Detectives have spoken to the two women and a follow up interview is pending.
Other media reported these women were sisters and from McCleary but Sgt Shumat could not confirm that info.
Says investigators had already identified the man in the video who appears to speak to the women. The Vidette doesn't name him per their policy (since he's not a suspect or has been charged with a crime).
Says the mans home, business and car were searched last October -- he has not been arrested or charged and is not considered a suspect
They are waiting for all results on items that had been submitted to the lab to determine if they hold any evidence. Several items are still pending.
The man was a volunteer for GH Fire Dist 5. Chief Dan Prater said that due to inactivity, as of Feb 1 the man was no longer a member. Also a volunteer for Dist 13 in Mason County. He recently took an unspecified length leave of absence.
The man did respond to an emergency medical services call that night. Neither Dist is sure but they think it was for Dist 5.
Goes on to say that the man told investigators that he wasn't in McCleary that night but this was unintentional. He said he'd helped search for the girl that night.
The Vidette tried all week to contact him for a statement with no luck.
Article goes on to explain why they with held this video til now. The GHSO and the FBI had prioritized several investigative actions that needed to be completed prior to expanding on the information from the video. They were at the point in the investigation that they decided to identify and interview the two women based on information derived through other investigative leads.

Of course they wanted to question him and serve the warrants/collect evidence before they sprung the video on him. That makes sense. Obviously they knew he was in town that night and in essence LDT'd him without any leads or a machine. He failed big time! He remembered he took a class, remembered the ambulance call, remembered searching for Lindsey, but not that he came back to town that night and stopped at Mikes?

Was the video from Mike's collected way back and then LE put two and two together within the last six months?

Is the ambulance service part of his duties as a volunteer fire-fighter or is this something he does separately? I remember hearing the ambulance provides non-emergency transportation services, so the call he went on that night would not necessarily be an emergency?

The time, however, “was off by 40–45 minutes, so the actual time was somewhere around 8:40 p.m.,” Sgt. Steve Shumate, investigations supervisor at the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office, said Wednesday.

Fortunately this is now online http://www.thevidette.com/ Scroll down - this is an abbreviated version of what is available in the hard copy edition of the newspaper

The hard copy article is about 20 paragraphs, this one online 5

<snipped>

Is the ambulance service part of his duties as a volunteer fire-fighter or is this something he does separately? I remember hearing the ambulance provides non-emergency transportation services, so the call he went on that night would not necessarily be an emergency?

It can be both.

In our area if you call the medics.. the volunteer firemen/paramedics show up. In my town you get a medic unit. An ambulance can be called if you are in need of a ride to the hospital. I'm not sure how it works in Districts 5 and 13.

And I know if someone is at one facility (say a clinic, hospital, nursing home etc) and needs to be transported to another facility and it's not safe to travel by personal car.. an ambulance and crew will be called to transport them.
An example. My mom was hospitalized in the city of Aberdeen and needed to be transported from there to a hospital in Olympia (about 70 miles away). Several fire districts were contacted to see who was available. The closest one was a unit out of McCleary so they are the ones who transported my mother. So the transports don't even have to be in the same district that the ambulances are in.

hopefully that all makes sense..

I must be blind, lol? I don't see it at your link?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back