Police Chief Darryl Forte good reasons to not suspect the child's parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know..my heart aches for them. I detest the hatred towards them just because stats say they must be guilty. The venom reminds me of the crazies who would shout and scream abuse outside the Anthonys home..to Cindy and George. and that poor man was driven to suicide.

Mine too. I wish there was a forum for those in support of the <modsnip>, because that's where I'd be right now.

I posted this ibtimes article in the 11/20/11 MSM thread, but a poster who is a local reporter commented that despite the 11/20/11 date on the article and the reference to 46th day of the investigation, the statements from Forte were actually weeks old and regurgitated (and possibly misquoted) from other sources. I asked a mod to weigh in as to whether the article should remain posted and it was removed from the thread, along with posts commenting on it.

If this reporter in India took "good reason to do what they're doing" and turned it into "good reason not to supsect the parents", that's definitely misleading or a questionable translation.

In any case, I hadn't seen Forte's comments before, so I think it's interesting. LE has always maintained that neither the parents, nor anyone else, is a suspect. They are not trying to villify anyone, imo, as Forte states. The only people who have said that police consider (or said or treated) Debbi a suspect are Debbi, Picerno and Ashley Irwin. Imo, Chief Forte is being consistent with what Young and Graves have said publicly all along. It is the official public position of the KCPD at this time. MOO...

FWIW, someone asked the CNN reporter covering this case, Jim Spellman, for his take on the ibtimes report on his twitter yesterday:

JIM SPELLMAN:
These LEOs have to be very careful with what that say so its hard get much actual meaning from this
16 hours ago

JIM SPELLMAN:
I see it....not sure there is much to be made of that comment with out details of why he says that.
16 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/jimspellmancnn

Hi Jim! I'm sure he's reading here! lol :seeya:

I agree they have to be careful in what they say! Also, the holding down on the number of subpeonas makes no sense to me. LE usually get as many subpeonas when a case goes to trial. The more witnesses the stronger the case. So I'm stumped by that statement.

I just took the not trying to vilify comment to mean that the police aren't going out of their way to make the parents look guilty but look at the evidence and see where it takes them. It should be the SOP whether or not the parents are guilty IMO.

IMO they haven't vilified the family, they have vilified DB. They vilified her from day one. I believe they were so convinced that DB was responsible for Lisa's disappearance that they had tunnel vision. I don't for a second believe they focused on anyone but DB, they certainly didn't focus on "Jersey" and he could very well be the one responsible, not only for Lisa's disappearance but very possibly her death. I believe lab results are back and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that DB had anything to do with Lisa's disappearance, aside from her drinking of course. I also don't believe that DB failed her poly or that dogs hit on decomp in her & Jeremy's bedroom. I believe LE has lied and now they just might have a little egg on their face. My take on the "we're not trying to vilify the family" statement... it's the politically correct way to cover their youknowwhat's.
I am truly, truly sorry for the pain DB, JI, and their boys have suffered. I hope that in the near future they can be cleared completely and LE can start taking a serious look at other possibilities and find Lisa. jmo

I just took the not trying to vilify comment to mean that the police aren't going out of their way to make the parents look guilty but look at the evidence and see where it takes them. It should be the SOP whether or not the parents are guilty IMO.

There are certain folks that are convinced that LE is focused on the parents and only the parents. I think statements like this make it seem that's not the case. It probably also an olive branch to the parents. What LE really thinks, who knows. I know in past cases, even when LE would say that the parent(s)/spouse wasn't a suspect, it would be evident that the investigation was focused on them. I haven't seen anything that shows that LE is solely focused (or even focused at all) on the parents. There could be a ton of reasons for that. Either they have evidence that doesn't point to them or they don't have enough evidence period.

I think LE has to start with the parents and grow from there.. Personally I feel like they have and are doing this.. I'm very pleased with the work going on.. DB just has to wait and answer everything to help them look past her.. Sorry but it's her own fault, JI's too IMO

There are certain folks that are convinced that LE is focused on the parents and only the parents. I think statements like this make it seem that's not the case. It probably also an olive branch to the parents. What LE really thinks, who knows. I know in past cases, even when LE would say that the parent(s)/spouse wasn't a suspect, it would be evident that the investigation was focused on them. I haven't seen anything that shows that LE is solely focused (or even focused at all) on the parents. There could be a ton of reasons for that. Either they have evidence that doesn't point to them or they don't have enough evidence period.

I don't know if I see the comment as an olive branch, IMO it sounds more like arguing with the family attorneys who have been "vilifying" the police and defending his staff. They're saying that the police isn't doing enough investigating because they've just wrongly focused on the parents and the chief is saying you're wrong, they've got reasons for everything.

If anybody's been vilified it's been Jersey and Gil Abeyta's suspect. JMO. Just the other day we heard from the family that Jersey had bragged that he took Lisa for $300 and it turned out he did no such thing, and GA implied that LE was just waiting to arrest his suspect which they haven't yet done. I do hope they've got something to do with it, otherwise they've been completely railroaded.

The title of this thread is very misleading, imo.

I think LE has to start with the parents and grow from there.. Personally I feel like they have and are doing this.. I'm very pleased with the work going on.. DB just has to wait and answer everything to help them look past her.. Sorry but it's her own fault, JI's too IMO

I agree they should start from the inside and then work themselves out BUT it has been what? 47 days now? I think if they haven't moved away from focusing on the parents, they're making a huge mistake especially if no evidence was found to arrest them for this crime.

I'm hoping they've moved on.

As for vilifying....I've been guilty of vilifying parents in the past who turned out to be totally innocent and I'm not going to take that stance anymore. Unless there is absolute proof a parent is involved, I will consider them victims.

So far, the parents in this case, except for DB getting drunk, there is no past history of crime, drugs or anything to even suggest they harmed baby Lisa.

They have done everything a parent should do in a missing child case and still they're villified by the public and the media. It's wrong.

o/t I remember following the Petit Family Home Invasion Case. Many thought the dad was involved because he was the only one who escaped the brutal and horrific crime. This man went through hell but yet people still thought he was somehow involved. Very sad.

The title of this thread is very misleading, imo.

That's what was reported by that news article. If it's not considered a good source, I'll leave that up to the mods.

IMO, it's just as valid as any other regardless of where the reporter is from. We see links from articles from all over the world posted on this board. I don't see why this one should be any different.

Much ado about nothing here. If Chief Forte had indeed issued a statement promised by this thread's title, the Kansas City Star would report it - would feature it, would pronounce it in headlines.

Instead, we get an International Business Times reporter nattering on about something she feels Forte "is believed to have said" regarding a separate issue entirely.

The article combines two incidents which happened weeks apart - Forte's meeting with the KC Star editorial board, and the shooting deaths of six Kansas Citians on one weekend.

The "have good reasons to not suspect the child's parents" line is, apparently, the invention of the writer, based on nothing.

IBT should no longer be taken seriously in comments about the Irwin case, if it ever was in the first place.

IMO they haven't vilified the family, they have vilified DB. They vilified her from day one. I believe they were so convinced that DB was responsible for Lisa's disappearance that they had tunnel vision. I don't for a second believe they focused on anyone but DB, they certainly didn't focus on "Jersey" and he could very well be the one responsible, not only for Lisa's disappearance but very possibly her death. I believe lab results are back and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that DB had anything to do with Lisa's disappearance, aside from her drinking of course. I also don't believe that DB failed her poly or that dogs hit on decomp in her & Jeremy's bedroom. I believe LE has lied and now they just might have a little egg on their face. My take on the "we're not trying to vilify the family" statement... it's the politically correct way to cover their youknowwhat's.
I am truly, truly sorry for the pain DB, JI, and their boys have suffered. I hope that in the near future they can be cleared completely and LE can start taking a serious look at other possibilities and find Lisa. jmo

BBM

How have LE vilified DB from day one?

I don't know if I see the comment as an olive branch, IMO it sounds more like arguing with the family attorneys who have been "vilifying" the police and defending his staff. They're saying that the police isn't doing enough investigating because they've just wrongly focused on the parents and the chief is saying you're wrong, they've got reasons for everything.

If anybody's been vilified it's been Jersey and Gil Abeyta's suspect. JMO. Just the other day we heard from the family that Jersey had bragged that he took Lisa for $300 and it turned out he did no such thing, and GA implied that LE was just waiting to arrest his suspect which they haven't yet done. I do hope they've got something to do with it, otherwise they've been completely railroaded.

Jersey is a known convicted felon and is in jail. I think comparing him to the Irwins who have never committed a crime in their life, is absurd.

Much ado about nothing here. If Chief Forte had indeed issued a statement promised by this thread's title, the Kansas City Star would report it - would feature it, would pronounce it in headlines.

Instead, we get an International Business Times reporter nattering on about something she feels Forte "is believed to have said" regarding a separate issue entirely.

IBT should no longer be taken seriously in comments about the Irwin case, if it ever was in the first place.

ITA. Where have you been, anyway, wfgodot?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/252758/20111120/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-tough-month-kansas.htm

"The interest in the parents' roles stems in part from the acquittal of Casey Anthony for the alleged murder of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in Florida and in part from the even more recent death of 1-year-old Tyler Dasher in Missouri."

Every case is different. I do think many people have feelings "laid up" for Casey Anthony that they have re-directed toward DB. And it's not helping find baby Lisa.
The sad fact is no matter what evidence they find elsewhere some people will still believe she "did it."

Jersey is a known convicted felon and is in jail. I think comparing him to the Irwins who have never committed a crime in their life, is absurd.

I disagree, for a laundry list of reasons which would take me about 15 minutes to type up.

:clap::gthanks::goodpost:

Great! Waste of read ends in disagreements. :(

repsectfully snipped.....

appreciate your input. I always feel the IBT is a day behind and interpreting what other news channels have said, and then the copywriter slams a heading on it and we think we have new news. I have been noticing that all along, but until you posted, hadn't fully assembled the observation.

Most definitely. They recently ran a "Ibuprofen causes kidney cancer" headline. That was extreme and misleading at best, which is what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500