Police say parents are not answering vital questions #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've seen quite a bit from LE that shows they haven't been just singularly focused on the parents.

The FBI, following a tip, just went to a home all the way in NY making someone prove that their child really belonged to them.

If the parents want all focus moved away from them the choice is theirs, go in and answer whatever LE needs answered until LE can rule them out completely. If anyone is keeping that from happening, if anyone is causing the case to come to a standstill, it is their defense attorneys.

JMHO

I disagree from the standpoint that they can go in there today, do everything LE asks of them, and LE still will not rule them out completely, based on the story given. There are no witnesses that can vouch for DB after she went in the house.

IMO, I also think they can go in today and do everything LE asks and that will not change certain people's perception.

I just want to see justice and the longer the LE wastes on the parents (if they are innocent) the more the case goes cold IMO.. That's what I'm wanting. I want them to find out what happened to Lisa ASAP And its just frustrating to me that all we hear is they wanna talk to the parents. Cause it's time wasting IMO again. When I think that neither parent has any info that will help solve this case because A. The father was working during this period and. B. the mother was more than likely unable to remember anything of the night due to her drinking..I wanna see Lisa found..but I wanna see them do it before its to late to help her or to late to find evidence that's needed to find her..just beating a dead horse for weeks isnt doing Lisa justice IMO.

We do hear of some activity on the part of LE. They have followed up on more than a thousand tips, even out of state, searched many areas, some more than once, and if we believe various witnesses' media statements, interviewed, often multiple times, people who may have information about this case. It's up to the parents to be completely forthcoming if they are to be cleared so LE can "move on". All MOO

Has anyone that thinks deb killed her daughter ever come up with a motive, I can't think of any. She has another child and she never killed him when she drank before, so I don't think we can blame it on the booze. Anyone?

If it was a preplanned murder, which I don't think it was, I can see the need for a motive. If it was accidental, as in she didn't plot ahead of time to murder her child, a motive wouldn't really be necessary.

Just as when a parent beats their child, thus causing their death, they didn't really have a motive beforehand. ( not saying that's what happened in Lisa's case)

Do you really believe she was drunk though? That this could be done by someone who was relatively drunk (not buzzed), in the middle of the night and as far as we know, covered up pretty good?

I am on the fence about that. IIRC Shane B said he noticed that the women had been drinking but that they didn't drink while he was there. It could be that the degree of drunkenness has been somewhat exaggerated. I don't think I really believe she had blacked out.

It is going on two months...will these parents get over their "hurt feelings" or fear of being accused, or whatever they are claiming, to agree to talk with police soon? How long can they go without their baby before they decide it might be better to do everything possible? Or can they really get on with their lives if Lisa is never found, and will they feel they did all they could?

IMHO.. I highly suspect "hurt feelings" or the fear of being accused is not WHY they are refusing to cooperate...I suspect their fear stems from the truth ever being revealed...JMHO

I disagree from the standpoint that they can go in there today, do everything LE asks of them, and LE still will not rule them out completely, based on the story given. There are no witnesses that can vouch for DB after she went in the house.

IMO, I also think they can go in today and do everything LE asks and that will not change certain people's perception.

Does it matter if they can change LE's perception? Provided that LE has a perception that they're guilty, which I'm not sure about. But it does look like they have a perception that the parents are uncooperative and cooperation is the easiest way to change that.

I am on the fence about that. IIRC Shane B said he noticed that the women had been drinking but that they didn't drink while he was there. It could be that the degree of drunkenness has been somewhat exaggerated. I don't think I really believe she had blacked out.

TBH I'm not really sure even DB believes it. She said 'possibly' and that may be attributed to just lack of detailed memory about late that evening. If she really was drunk, her memory was probably hazy as to specific details at specific points in time.

It really doesn't matter what anyones perception might or might not be. And I can't see that as any good reason to stop speaking to LE, if you really want to find your baby.

LE is trying to find their child. They're the parents, DB was the last one with her. DB's story has changed. LE says they need to question them separately and have them answer hard questions. To me, that doesn't seem so outrageous a request.

I keep reading about their rights. They have rights, of course. They can make the choice to be more concerned about their rights, or more concerned about LE getting past them to find their child. And I have never seen anywhere that says a boyfriend and girfriend can demand that they be questioned together, and if LE refuses, it's a violation of their rights.

What if they did go in and it did help LE move past them? Keep up the stance they're taking now, and I guess they'll never know. That's a chance they seem to be willing to take, so sad for Lisa though.

JMHO

If the mother suffocated her child-- if it was accidental -- like I have the hunch it may have been, no motive is needed.

IIRC the possibility of blacking out was suggested to her by the interviewer and it could be she just took it as a suitable explanation for why her story changed. It didn't sound like she was convinced about it imo.

Does it matter if they can change LE's perception? Provided that LE has a perception that they're guilty, which I'm not sure about. But it does look like they have a perception that the parents are uncooperative and cooperation is the easiest way to change that.

I think perception is important, and your right it may change it somewhat. But at this point, if LE has a strong perception that they are guilty (which I don't think they do), I'm not really sure what DB will tell them that will radically change that perception. It may soften it, but if their attention was somewhat focused on her to begin with, unless she produces some sort of alibi evidence, the focus is probably still going to be there, even after talking with her.

It is going on two months...will these parents get over their "hurt feelings" or fear of being accused, or whatever they are claiming, to agree to talk with police soon? How long can they go without their baby before they decide it might be better to do everything possible? Or can they really get on with their lives if Lisa is never found, and will they feel they did all they could?
Well, recently JI was quoted in MSM as saying "every day gets better" and they are "getting back to 100% of their normal lives". Maybe not exact quotes, but close. Link already posted here in Lisa's forum; it was about them moving back into their house recently.

Very odd things to say, IMO. The quotes came via one of their attorneys.

How can they get back to 100% of their normal lives when 20% of their family has been missing since 10/4? Whether it's DB or JI themselves, or their various spokespeople, in the media...it just always seems suspicious or "foot in mouth" syndrome.

:crazy:

Back on topic, I haven't heard anything recently about LE talking about their cooperation. Last I heard, LE wants to question them separately, isn't requiring "no attorney present", wants tough questions answered, wants to know "who came and went". JMO, but I'm sure there are a lot more questions they want answered, based on info acquired from other people interviewed and evidence collected in the various searches and search warrant search of their home. A lot has happened since 10/8 (last time DB/JI talked with LE in person (with legal representation, but not separately). JMO.

It really doesn't matter what anyones perception might or might not be. And I can't see that as any good reason to stop speaking to LE, if you really want to find your baby.

LE is trying to find their child. They're the parents, DB was the last one with her. DB's story has changed. LE says they need to question them separately and have them answer hard questions. To me, that doesn't seem so outrageous a request.

I keep reading about their rights. They have rights, of course. They can make the choice to be more concerned about their rights, or more concerned about LE getting past them to find their child. And I have never seen anywhere that says a boyfriend and girfriend can demand that they be questioned together, and if LE refuses, it's a violation of their rights.

What if they did go in and it did help LE move past them? Keep up the stance they're taking now, and I guess they'll never know. That's a chance they seem to be willing to take, so sad for Lisa though.

JMHO

That's my point though, I don't think LE can move past them, regardless of what they say. I think they may think the same thing. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Well, recently JI was quoted in MSM as saying "every day gets better" and they are "getting back to 100% of their normal lives". Maybe not exact quotes, but close. Link already posted here in Lisa's forum; it was about them moving back into their house recently.

How can they get back to 100% of their normal lives when 20% of their family has been missing since 10/4? Whether it's DB or JI themselves, or their various spokespeople, in the media...it just always seems suspicious or "foot in mouth" syndrome.

Back on topic, I haven't heard anything recently about LE talking about their cooperation. Last I heard, LE wants to question them separately, isn't requiring "no attorney present", wants tough questions answered, wants to know "who came and went". JMO, but I'm sure there are a lot more questions they want answered, based on info acquired from other people interviewed and evidence collected in the various searches and search warrant search of their home. A lot has happened since 10/8 (last time DB/JI talked with LE in person (with legal representation, but not separately). JMO.

Unfortunately it was from the defense attorney and not from JI or DB themselves. It can be taken a million different ways and I'm quite shocked that a defense attorney would say it to a reporter. After all, even if JI had indeed said exactly those words you would think a seasoned defense lawyer would be able to put the "spin" on it that so many accuse him of. It sounds terrible to say we're almost back to 100%...I really think the parents either didn't say that or said something unlike that and the defense really dropped the ball.

Michelle

That's my point though, I don't think LE can move past them, regardless of what they say. I think they may think the same thing. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

How do we know? And are the parents willing to take that chance, to bring the case to a standstill because they might not think LE will move past them anyway?

That's like saying that all LE cares about is nailing DB whether they're guilty or not, I just don't agree with that. From my viewpoint I think LE has done a lot in this case, all the manhours spent, the FBI involvement, following tips that might lead elsewhere etc.

I think perception is important, and your right it may change it somewhat. But at this point, if LE has a strong perception that they are guilty (which I don't think they do), I'm not really sure what DB will tell them that will radically change that perception. It may soften it, but if their attention was somewhat focused on her to begin with, unless she produces some sort of alibi evidence, the focus is probably still going to be there, even after talking with her.

If an alibi emerged now it could cause some weird sideways looks imo.

IDK... I've just got a feeling that Steve Young meant something important when he said that LE was hoping they could talk to the parents some more about who came and went that night. I think they had some indication that there was something the parents knew about other people that they weren't saying.

I could be wrong.

That was the lawyer who said that, not Jeremy.

Can someone please explain to me for why Debbie and Jeremy should subject themselves to separate interrogation? Unless LE are looking for them incriminate themselves. ~I really want to know this.
And I can't see why they shouldn't answer question together if LE just wants information.

The Constitution states that no one has to incriminate themselves. God knows which Amendment, but I know that it is there somewhere.
Brits don't have a Constitution as such, but we do have a right to remain Silent. This does not presuppose Guilt.

So really, what LE is suggesting and what some people are supposing is that if Debbie and Jeremy don't relinquish their given Rights then they are guilty.
I somewhat doubt that this is what The Constitution meant when first it was written.

And don't you all hate a smart arse who isn't an American, and still knows what The Constitution stands for. This is meant as a joke, by the way. Well, almost.
I can only thank you all for my present understanding. I sincerely hope that you are all very proud of what you have. It might be you one day.

I don't know why we should assume that DB and JI would incriminate themselves if they talked to the police separately.

It's just sad whenever a person's right not to incriminate themselves forces them not to help in the investigation in the disappearance of their child.

I'd not seen that, but it gives me chills. I believe a common denominator in parents of abducted children is that life is never, ever, EVER in any way the same. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24