Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought LE made a statement that the family was cooperating with them again.

Thanks for the link you already posted on this. Last week, The Today Show, the officer they talk with said they were cooperating fully also. I know it is The Today Show as that is all I watch while getting up and ready for work, so this is an interesting spin this week. jmo

In defense of LE-

If you wanted to encourage the people who last saw Lisa to cooperate, you might tell the press they had cut off communication with LE, therefore applying pressure, and then you might praise those same folks when they opened the lines of communication again. Regardless of what the subject was, even if it was just to help rule in/out tips.

I will confess I am puzzled that this family and their attorney think it is better to go to the media with story changes rather than LE. How is this helpful, I have to ask? How does this assist police in both ruling out your participation AND let them move full steam ahead with other avenues?

Of course LE is pursuing other possibilities outside of the parents. But the parents are not helping them out and they certainly are not helping out Lisa unless they know she is safe somewhere. Or even somewhere.

The parents of a missing 10-month-old Missouri baby once again are cooperating with the investigation into the girl's disappearance, a police official said tonight.

Kansas City, Mo., police captain Steve Young said detectives were meeting with the family, but there still were no suspects or solid leads into the whereabouts of Lisa Irwin, who has been missing from her Kansas City home since Monday night.

"They're talking with us and that is absolutely the best thing," Young said.

FBI agents also were meeting with the missing girl's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, ABC News has learned.

On Thursday, Young said Irwin and Bradley no longer were cooperating with the investigation, though the parents maintained that they continued to cooperate and only were taking a break.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...rating-investigation-police/story?id=14695496

I suppose you can talk with the police without answering vital questions. Wasn't there something about talking on the phone trying to set an appointment for questioning, or something like that?
It never happened then?

MOO ...

I believe LE here ... the parents have NOT cooperated with LE because DB and JI know what really happened to Baby Lisa ...

And now that the parents have retained an attorney ... I do NOT see the parents cooperating with LE in the future either ...

MOO ...

Parents not answering vital questions?

"Houston, we have a problem." :innocent:

the trouble is, as we dont know what questions are being asked, so we just dont know what to think. I mean if they are asking her "did you kill lisa" and she's refusing to answer, perhaps it's because she actually did not. it could be construed as refusing to answer.

although how she couldnt absolutely negate THAT question eludes me.

dont mind me, I am :fence:

Doc, in the statement to ABC Captain Young clarified.. he said they have talked about tips and leads but not answered any questions since october 8th.

Yep, I understand what he was really saying now and why he did it. He wanted them to keep talking to them because it was the best thing.

I was under the impression though they were fully cooperating from that point on and it turns out they were not.

I'd like to know what those "vital questions" are that LE is now saying the parents aren't answering.

IMO - the reason they are/they are not cooperating stories coming out is that they are cooperating until the police use a tactic that they feel is entraping them. IE - showing burnt clothing, saying we have evidence that shows cell phone usage or pings - accusing her/them of knowing where Lisa is or worse. If I am DB and I KNOW that I am innocent (not saying that this is the case - just an example) and that what they are telling me can't be true - for example - clothes they show me don't belong to Lisa and I have never seen them before (not saying this is case - cause we don't know one way or the other), know that my cell phone can't be used - then I am going to get "uncomfortable" with the line of questioning too and I think I would want an attorney before I answered any more questions.

I'll bet you anything one of the vital questions not being answered is "where are the clothes we see you wearing in the grocery store video, Debbie?"

And I'd also bet you anything that the "other missing items" JT alluded to today are going to be, you guessed it, Debbie's clothes.

I'll eat a whole truckload of crow if I'm wrong.

Yep, I understand what he was really saying now and why he did it. He wanted them to keep talking to them because it was the best thing.

I was under the impression though they were fully cooperating from that point on and it turns out they were not.

yeah Doc... cooperating only with what they wanted to cooperate with... I am sure LE is loving all the interviews...

speaking of that wonder how the grand jury is going today

I'll bet you anything one of the vital questions not being answered is "where are the clothes we see you wearing in the grocery store video, Debbie?"

And I'd also bet you anything that the "other missing items" JT alluded to today are going to be, you guessed it, Debbie's clothes.

Well baby snatchers could have taken her clothes to keep her from getting help if that is what's missing.:innocent:

:waitasec: Here's another thought :

If your baby is "missing" and you have absolutely NOTHING to hide ...

Wouldn't you be "camped out" at the Police Station doing "anything" and "everything" to help LE find your baby ?

Wouldn't you be "calling" LE every day or every hour or so if you were unable to "camp out" at headquarters ?

JMO ...

BBM can you point me to the interview he said that? TIA (we all have colds and are a little tired today and I have missed some things)

:crazy: = me on cough medicine

MOO

The parents have lied & changed their story....I guess I'm going to believe the LE.

BBM can you point me to the interview he said that? TIA (we all have colds and are a little tired today and I have missed some things)

:crazy: = me on cough medicine

I'll have to go back and look through threads. Give me a second or two.

<snickers> dr. F I just had a mental image of baby snatchers making off with cell phones and sacks of mommy's clothing. Oh and Jeremy's too because she could have grabbed something of his to put on to run for help. :D sorry just struck me as humorous on a day that I'm really sad and angry about the news coming out. JMHO.

Maybe it was her clothes that were burned in the trashbin and not Lisa's? Sounds to me like they aren't answering any question that puts the focus back on them. They just want the police to accept that DB was drunk and doesn't know anything. This is a missing child. Being drunk and not knowing info is not good enough. I don't know if they're getting bad advice from people around them or not, but they should be doing everything possible to eliminate themselves as suspects, and all they are doing is making themselves more suspect than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels