Police search for murder clues in e-mail

They only specified the charger in the search warrant, but remember too ... there were items that weren't released based on the numbers.

Slightly off topic - but,

I just love this age of computer forensics!! Hard drives, recovery programs for deleted files, etc., etc. Reminds me of that old phrase:

you can run but you can't hide! ('cause somewhere, deep down in the mess of of metal, etc., often times lie all sorts of dark, dirty little secrets - just waiting a chance to see the light of day!!)

For a guy that constantly brags about his sweet computer skills he is a complete moron. If LE gets their hands on info from the computer ... I bet there is a gold mine in there.

Financials; life insurance; relationships . . .

Do you think that LE is using general terms when they say "disk"?

And secondly, I wanted to see if anyone saw the computer on the memorial video that was in their kitchen--where do you think that plays into all of this mess?

:laugh:
golfmom said:
But hard drive of the computer? Remember, RememberJanet, some big-ole bad murderer stole the laptop and didn't take anything else.
Wouldn't you think that if Raven did do this, and he thought the laptop was important enough to go "missing", it just may have the missing information that LE needs to make an arrest and to build a substantial legal case against him? I hope this is the break we have all been waiting for!

Didn't SES come up with something from looking at the pictures that the laptop was hooked up to a keyboard or something along those lines ? ? ?

golfmom said:
For a guy that constantly brags about his sweet computer skills he is a complete moron. If LE gets their hands on info from the computer ... I bet there is a gold mine in there.

Financials; life insurance; relationships . . .

So, so true. I mean let's think of a few things that could be on there:

- financial information
- eBay info
- other embezzlement related info
- life insurance info possibly?
- new job info?
- past or present relationship info?
- website's visited history
- emails between family, friends, others?
- dates/times various sites accesssed
- dates/time the computer itself was used
- info on personal websites (creation, updates, etc.)

Yep, GM, a gold mine is right... the list could just go on and on and on.

Again, I love computer forensics!!

I find it interesting that no mention was made of the pending embezzlement charges.

Raven's due back in court in less than 10 days now.

rememberjanet said:
:laugh:

Wouldn't you think that if Raven did do this, and he thought the laptop was important enough to go "missing", it just may have the missing information that LE needs to make an arrest and to build a substantial legal case against him? I hope this is the break we have all been waiting for!
And remember we don't have the PDA either, right? We've seen pictures of him with that in his breast pocket (in a starched shirt no less).

Oh this is just so much fun. Can you imagine the phone calls going back and forth between Raven and his attorney right now?

SES ... remember too when Raven dismantled EVERYTHING relating to Janet? What date did that occur on? He obviously has had continuous internet access through all of this.

golfmom said:
Oh this is just so much fun. Can you imagine the phone calls going back and forth between Raven and his attorney right now?
I'd like to be that fly on the wall right now!

It's also so good to see that there is a rush of excitement on this board too.

Jenifred said:
Do you think that LE is using general terms when they say "disk"?

And secondly, I wanted to see if anyone saw the computer on the memorial video that was in their kitchen--where do you think that plays into all of this mess?
Yes. In that video the laptop was clearly visible, sitting in a built in type desk area in the kitchen.

However, I've often wondered if the laptop was the only computer in the house. You'll remember that on those pix Raven posted of him and Kaiden, the day before the murder I think, where he captioned the pic, something like, "Kaiden helping Daddy with his home teaching lesson," the setting is the office...with Raven at a desk, monitor visible in front of him.

Keep in mind though, he could easily have a set up where you use the laptop with a regular monitor and keyboard. You use what's called a docking station or docking port...simply slide the laptop into the port.. and then it serves as your hard drive, etc., but allows you to use a regular monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.

golfmom said:
SES ... remember too when Raven dismantled EVERYTHING relating to Janet? What date did that occur on? He obviously has had continuous internet access through all of this.
I wonder if anyone has thought about checking Janet's family's computers lately--for anthing that might have occurred while he was at their houses.

Maybe Mr. P. Ness will come back to accept his plea deal and find himself otherwise occupied.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Keep in mind though, he could easily have a set up where you use the laptop with a regular monitor and keyboard. You use what's called a docking station or docking port...simply slide the laptop into the port.. and then it serves as your hard drive, etc., but allows you to use a regular monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.
IMO, Raven seems like the person who would think that would be too much work. And Raven doesn't seem like he would be the kind of person to wait in line while Janet typed out her email. I just think that they probably had two computers. One upstairs and one downstars.

Jenifred said:
I wonder if anyone has thought about checking Janet's family's computers lately--for anthing that might have occurred while he was at their houses.

He might not have had to use their computers because he had his brand-new-$500-memorial-fund-special cell phone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back