Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he may have known of another way out...perhaps he had been there before and one of the residents told him of the back exit.

Could be and that may have been how he met cph.

There is no "back exit" from the OIBA. It's the gate, a boat or a helicopter. If your car needs to leave with you, it's the gate.
That's what I thought too! So where did he go? Colletti's house is right there. He was waiting for LE. If Pak had left he probably would tell LE or would have at least mentioned the fact. Coletti has always said Shannan ran and Pak followed in his vehicle. I believe him. He has no reason to lie. He was trying to help the poor girl.

That's what I thought too! So where did he go? Colletti's house is right there. He was waiting for LE. If Pak had left he probably would tell LE or would have at least mentioned the fact. Coletti has always said Shannan ran and Pak followed in his vehicle. I believe him. He has no reason to lie. He was trying to help the poor girl.

GC may have finished shaving/dressing before going to the gate. I recall MP saying he didn't even know there was a road down to the right from the direction he was driving(fairway towards anchor way). MP may have driven out the gate, looked along the road out, along the Ocean parkway and then waited in the old OBI parking lot a while before leaving. That would have him exiting the gate before GC could have seen him doing it.

Do I think SG was murdered? When I first came to this site I did...now I'm conflicted. Ignorance was bliss! I am more confused now than ever. I believe she had a legitimate reason to be afraid for her life. I lean more towards the whole sex ring theory, but without more info on C.O.D who can really say? I have tried to put my self in her shoes and I just don't buy the whole hysterical / untreated bi polar /drug related theory. Until there is a release from the ME about possible drugs in her system. I can't believe however that untreated bi polar would cause her to run and run and run screaming for her life. Unless she had some designer drugs in her system. I think they are holding back on the ME report for a reason. I think a lot of players haven't told the WHOLE truth. I don't believe G.C. ever opened his door and let her in. It makes more sense that if at the break of dawn someone is pounding on your door and screaming...you would be hesitant to open the door for fear of what she is running from. I can say in all honesty...I wouldn't let her in...but I would call 911! Standing outside of his house begging to be let in would explain why, when she saw M.P. SUV, she bolted. I keep going back to her fear of him. WHY? I think it goes deeper than he's just her driver. I have to question why she would pay a driver when her boyfriend was a driver...they could've had more money for themselves if he had drove her. It makes no sense. Unless there was something else going on between the three of them. A debt of some sort maybe? Of course there's a lot we don't know...like maybe he didn't want to drive her because he had a warrant...or didn't have a car...maybe just laziness. I am just plain confused and I have a lot of ideas but it's just hard to voice them...maybe if I write it down on paper first. I just wish that we knew more. LE is holding back BIG time. Hopefully for good reasons.

The ME's report mentioned that there was no cocaine found in SG's remains.

The idea that GC never opened the door for SG explains many things, especially why she kept running house to house and not waiting for LE to arrive while indoors, why she ran to hide under the boat, and taking off when seeing MP coming down the road which she might not have observed if she was in GC's home. It could also explain why GC was very vague about what SG was wearing - If she was in his lighted home he would have been more positive, i.e., did she have a purse, jacket, what type of footwear, etc.

And knowing exactly where he saw SG heading the last time he saw her, instead of just pointing "that way".

You (Justiceforever) bring up many good points in your posts and we're lucky to have your point of view- Thanks!

GC may have finished shaving/dressing before going to the gate. I recall MP saying he didn't even know there was a road down to the right from the direction he was driving(fairway towards anchor way). MP may have driven out the gate, looked along the road out, along the Ocean parkway and then waited in the old OBI parking lot a while before leaving. That would have him exiting the gate before GC could have seen him doing it.

Except ... GC said that he told his wife to watch to make sure nobody left (or to that effect ... i'll try to find it)

ETA: Here's my old post with the link and the quote:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #11

The idea that GC never opened the door for SG explains many things, especially why she kept running house to house and not waiting for LE to arrive while indoors, why she ran to hide under the boat, and taking off when seeing MP coming down the road which she might not have observed if she was in GC's home. It could also explain why GC was very vague about what SG was wearing - If she was in his lighted home he would have been more positive, i.e., did she have a purse, jacket, what type of footwear, etc.

And knowing exactly where he saw SG heading the last time he saw her, instead of just pointing "that way".

You bring up many good points in your posts and we're lucky to have your point of view- Thanks!

If what Fluke says is true that GC never opened the door, that's just one more (ahem) inconsistency in GC's story. I recall the interview with GC where he points to a specific spot in his home as he says something like "she stood right there".

I take a lot of what GC says with a big scoop of salt !!

If what Fluke says is true that GC never opened the door, that's just one more (ahem) inconsistency in GC's story. I recall the interview with GC where he points to a specific spot in his home as he says something like "she stood right there".

I take a lot of what GC says with a big scoop of salt !!

But then, taking that scoop from someone who implicitly claims, he has heard the 911-tape, calls for something stronger than just salt.

But then, taking that scoop from someone who implicitly claims, he has heard the 911-tape, calls for something stronger than just salt.

No Peter ... I have not trusted GC since the beginning, based on numerous inconsistencies, not based on what Fluke does or does not say. IF what Fluke says IS true, it just adds to my distrust.

I grew up with OC ... sometimes the old guys are just more experienced in making peeps believe their stories ;)

JMO

No Peter ... I have not trusted GC since the beginning, based on numerous inconsistencies, not based on what Fluke does or does not say. IF what Fluke says IS true, it just adds to my distrust.

I grew up with OC ... sometimes the old guys are just more experienced in making peeps believe their stories ;)

JMO

Just for clarification, at what age start for you "old guy"?

Just for clarification, at what age start for you "old guy"?

Why do you ask? I don't think that needs clarification for most peeps, but let's just say I consider 76 to fall into that category. It's not meant to be derogatory of any specific group ... heck, I wasn't born yesterday ;)

Why do you ask? I don't think that needs clarification for most peeps, but let's just say I consider 76 to fall into that category. It's not meant to be derogatory of any specific group ... heck, I wasn't born yesterday ;)

:floorlaugh: Just wanted to know whether I am already in this category or not

You (Justiceforever) bring up many good points in your posts and we're lucky to have your point of view- Thanks!

Thank you I only wish I could bring more to the table. I want justice for these victims so much. "But by the grace of God, There goes me!"

Thank you I only wish I could bring more to the table. I want justice for these victims so much. "But by the grace of God, There goes me!"

I still wonder about that cocaine thing. All they had were skeletal remains. Not much of a system left to prove what was in there and what not. So it could only be a hair test and that says not much what was in her system, the night she died. It says more about the weeks and months before.

I still wonder about that cocaine thing. All they had were skeletal remains. Not much of a system left to prove what was in there and what not. So it could only be a hair test and that says not much what was in her system, the night she died. It says more about the weeks and months before.

I hadn't thought of that. So we probably never will know for sure. Unless the people who were with her that night speak on it. Have they? I mean I think its pretty *****ty if anybodies leaving anything out to cover there own butts. I mean if they gave her drugs or were doing any with her.

I hadn't thought of that. So we probably never will know for sure. Unless the people who were with her that night speak on it. Have they? I mean I think its pretty *****ty if anybodies leaving anything out to cover there own butts. I mean if they gave her drugs or were doing any with her.

But that's probably what happened. Look at the behavior. SG paranoid and running around all over the place, JB and the drifter basically invisible after SG stormed out of the house and Pak is the one who searches. I think, it speaks volumes, that JB wasn't looking for her. This thing was about to give him a lot of bad reputation and he jut stays at home on his sofa? Why? Maybe because he wasn't too able anymore to care or to do anything else?

The longer this case goes on the more confused I get. I have been totally convinced all this time that Shannan's death was an unfortunate coincidence, that just so happened to be in the area of two prolific serial killers.

But today, something I saw made sense. If she was out there in May 2010, her body would be decomposing 100 yards from homes. It would stink to high heaven and everyone in OB would be calling police and reporting a foul odor coming from that direction. To the best of my knowledge, that did not happen.

Which would only mean she wasn't out there during the summer of 2010. It's also my understanding now that LE searched that area where her body was later found, but it wasn't found there then. Not even with a rancid dead body smell to lead the way. Why???

Now I'm back to not knowing what I think.

If she was out there in May 2010, her body would be decomposing 100 yards from homes. It would stink to high heaven and everyone in OB would be calling police and reporting a foul odor coming from that direction.

Not necessarily. It depends on the depth of the water the body was submerged in. Even if she was partially submerged it probably would have cut back on the odor quite a bit. Things underwater tend not to smell to those above the surface. At least not to someone 100 yards away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member