• Miami/Ft. Lauderdale

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tampa/St. Pete

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Jacksonville

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Tallahassee

• His Honor has me completely confused--I really don't know!

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • Bradenton FLorida - Manatee County

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Orlando

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Pensacola

• Pinellas County it is.....

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters
news said they just received email from judge and it is pinellas county (fox 35)

news said they just received email from judge and it is pinellas county (fox 35)

Not to be snooty, but what a nice courhouse with plenty of parking. Unlike our dingy, dirty, San Diego courthouse.

It had me thinking. How many people have jury summons in their hands thinking OMG!

MOO

Mel

Would they remove her from the database, just because she's going to another jail temporarily for jury selection? I would think they'd only remove someone from the database if the move was permanent, then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about.. lol

Yes. I have followed the Haleigh Cummings case and have done a lot of player watches in that case. This is what I learned from that-

There were several arrested last year on drug trafficking charges, held without bond, some in a county different from where the charges were at.

The jail update their log as soon as they are being transported from the jail to the courthouse for a hearing and when they come back to jail.

It is broadcast on the scanner when inmates are being moved, (the don't say their names) they must keep track of the officers at all times, especially if it is a male LE officer transporting a female inmate they have to report the mileage when they start their route and report it to dispatch when they arrive at their destination.

I have no idea if that is what is done in this case, when Casey goes from the jail to the courthouse for court appearances but I would say yes, it is done the same way.

Vinelink is the most accurate and they update fast. You can sign up to be notified when the inmate is being moved.

Here is the link, I just did a search for Casey, she is still at the OC jail.

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/initMap.do

The jail roster for the public does not have to be updated right away. The count has to be right, tho.

R U Kidding me? Already?

Attorney: Finding Casey Anthony jury in Pinellas "bad choice"

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-casey-anthony-jury-in-pinellas-"bad-choice"-

John Trevena, a high-profile defense attorney with an office based in Largo, does not believe Pinellas County is the best place to find that jury pool. Trevena is not directly involved in the case, but was asked for his legal observations.

"I think it's a bad choice," Trevena said Sunday night. "I don't see any benefit in that short of a distance from the Orlando area to the Tampa Bay area. I think everyone here is equally familiar with the case as they are in the Orlando area. To me, it seems silly."

I don't believe silly, and justice for Caylee Marie should be mentioned together. I don't care if we go to the moon, it may be difficult to find jurors. But I honestly believe we can find 20 impartial jurors here!

MOO

Mel

On Today Show..and they are broadcasting from Clearwater.

Talking about stealth jurors, and how card it will be to find people who can go for 2 months and they get #30 a day. Now they are reviewing the whole sad story.

You were right MGardner! :clap:

They're gonna complain no matter what, so I'm not worrying about it. They asked for a change of venue, and they got it. The farther away they go, the more it costs the state, and as we know, the state is already forking out an awful lot. I do agree with what Trevena said here, though:
"He also said it is nearly impossible, with the power of global media, to find someone who hasn't heard about the case at all. He said, however, that judges are merely looking for someone who has not already made up their mind about the case based on media coverage:"

They are just looking to find an impartial jury, not a jury who has never heard of the case at all. There are lots of people out there who just don't keep up with news, or current events.

Yes. I have followed the Haleigh Cummings case and have done a lot of player watches in that case. This is what I learned from that-

There were several arrested last year on drug trafficking charges, held without bond, some in a county different from where the charges were at.

The jail update their log as soon as they are being transported from the jail to the courthouse for a hearing and when they come back to jail.

It is broadcast on the scanner when inmates are being moved, (the don't say their names) they must keep track of the officers at all times, especially if it is a male LE officer transporting a female inmate they have to report the mileage when they start their route and report it to dispatch when they arrive at their destination.

I have no idea if that is what is done in this case, when Casey goes from the jail to the courthouse for court appearances but I would say yes, it is done the same way.

Vinelink is the most accurate and they update fast. You can sign up to be notified when the inmate is being moved.

Here is the link, I just did a search for Casey, she is still at the OC jail.

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/initMap.do

Thank you for the info, twall! :)

ICA is the front page of the Orlando Sentinel this morning. Jurors face emotional whirlwind it says.

R U Kidding me? Already?

Attorney: Finding Casey Anthony jury in Pinellas "bad choice"

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-casey-anthony-jury-in-pinellas-"bad-choice"-

John Trevena, a high-profile defense attorney with an office based in Largo, does not believe Pinellas County is the best place to find that jury pool. Trevena is not directly involved in the case, but was asked for his legal observations.

"I think it's a bad choice," Trevena said Sunday night. "I don't see any benefit in that short of a distance from the Orlando area to the Tampa Bay area. I think everyone here is equally familiar with the case as they are in the Orlando area. To me, it seems silly."

I don't believe silly, and justice for Caylee Marie should be mentioned together. I don't care if we go to the moon, it may be difficult to find jurors. But I honestly believe we can find 20 impartial jurors here!

MOO

Mel

Hmmm....wonder if he belongs to that defense atty listserv that Baez has utilized for "advice" in the past and that THIS opinion is why Baez filed for a Change of Venue in emergency hearing on Friday, but HHJP nipped that in the bud with his comments, so Baez withdrew?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back