Possible Links between RAT and JM

Perfect. The pallet of cases at the end of the gas dispensers is a perfect reference point (looks like Nestle Pure water cases, right down to the blue pallet, but that is JMO). You can even see the single case sitting on top. She was walking toward the gas station shop, not away.

I've forgotten, why did we care? ;)

It appears to be jugs of window wash to me but I could certainly be wrong. I've never seen cases of water outside like that before, but I have seen window washing solution. Made sense to me.

Just guessing...

RAT engages in some jailhouse chatter with fellow inmates, tips the location of the bodies of Alexis and Samantha. Inmate tells officers, they transfer RAT to prevent any retaliation. (I didn't realize they moved him.. when and where to?)

Press conference is scheduled for Sunday to give them a couple days to search in hopes that they find the bodies. If not, they might let the public know that there was a hot tip and request help looking.

He stopped shaving, kept the braids and is losing weight. IMO, he is trying to change his appearance

Someone in another thread just called JM's hair "braids."

I had to giggle at that term, "braids." I wondered when someone would call them that instead of dreads. Once I could see them closer, particularly the bottoms, I wouldn't call them dreads either. They do appear to be braided or twisted or something into smaller, tighter strands than what I personally would call dreads. But I couldn't tell that until these newer pictures.

Perhaps RAT's description of someone with cornrows wasn't really all that off after all.

It appears to be jugs of window wash to me but I could certainly be wrong. I've never seen cases of water outside like that before, but I have seen window washing solution. Made sense to me.
Might be. Not that it matters, but they put cases of water outside in California all the time in the summer. I often purchase a case when I'm going up and down I5. It's the blue palette that makes me think water (Dasani and Aquafina also have blue palettes). I don't see water outdoors much in Nevada or Arizona, though.....

Matt Talhelm ‏@MattTalhelm 31m31 minutes ago
On Sunday's search #AlexisMurphy's great aunt says: "I am actually anxious about this search which I haven't been in the past." Story at 11.

(NBC 29)

Looking back at some old tweets regarding RAT being moved and found this. It's new to me. . .

Laura French @lfrenchnews · Oct 23
#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. It was in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6

Copied this from original post in another thread:

[quote name="hambirg" post=11201147]Laura French @lfrenchnews · 53m 53 minutes ago
#RandyTaylor has been transferred to the Powhatan Correctional Center in Maidens, Va. #AlexisMurphy @CBS6

Taken from post #51 here. . . http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?259956-Possible-Links-between-RAT-and-JM/page3[/QUOTE]
It doesn't sound like RAT fits the criteria for being an inmate here (taken from the website):

Security Level 3 - Assignment Criteria:
Single, multiple, & Life + sentences must have served 20 consecutive years on sentence. If parole eligible, must have reached PED. No disruptive behavior for at least past 24 months prior to consideration for a transfer to any less-secure facility. Numerical sentences must have less than 40 years to release or have served 20 consecutive years.

He's also not listed as being an inmate there:

http://vadoc.virginia.gov/offenders/locator/results.aspx

I find these two details strange.
Why was he relocated, and do we know if hes just there temporarily?

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...xis-Murphy-and-Samantha-Clarke-282631221.html

Press Conference For Missing Teens Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke

Posted: Thu 5:40 PM, Nov 13, 2014
Home / Headlines List / Article
Orange County officials plan to meet with the press regarding the search for Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (WCAV)- Orange County officials plan to meet with the press on Sunday, November 16, 2014, at 8:00 a.m., in regards to the search for missing teens Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke.

Alexis Murphy went missing from Nelson County in August 2013. Randy Taylor was convicted of her murder in May 2014. Her body has never been found.

Samantha Clarke went missing from Orange County in 2010. It is also believed Randy Taylor had contact with her before she disappeared.

The meeting will be held at the Barboursville Volunteer Fire Department.

Police to Answer Questions on Search for Murphy, Clarke
Posted: Nov 13, 2014 6:29 PM EST
http://www.wset.com/story/27380841/police-to-answer-questions-on-search-for-murphy-clarke

Orange Co., VA - Orange County police will meet with the press about the search for Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke on Sunday.

Orange County Police Chief James Fenwick and Orange County Sheriff Mark Amos will be answering questions.

What? What is going on?!! Wow, I am so glad I came here to check for news. This sounds like big news to me.

Police give statement on Alexis Murphy, Samantha Clarke searches

BARBOURSVILLE, Va. - Police held a news conference on Sunday morning about missing teens Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke.

Chief James Fenwick of the Town of Orange Police Department says police are going to be searching an area that they have searched before. It's an area Randy Taylor would have been familiar with and would have had access to.

Investigators said nature worked against them the last time they searched this area. Now they hope to use aircraft similar to what was used in the Hannah Graham search.

More http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/police-to-give-statement-on-alexis-murphy-samantha-clarke-searches/29747356

Looking back at some old tweets regarding RAT being moved and found this. It's new to me. . .

Laura French @lfrenchnews · Oct 23
#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. It was in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6

Wait, what? Wouldn't the evidence from the Fairfax victim also be in the state database? What am I missing here?

TIA

Police give statement on Alexis Murphy, Samantha Clarke searches

BARBOURSVILLE, Va. - Police held a news conference on Sunday morning about missing teens Alexis Murphy and Samantha Clarke.

Chief James Fenwick of the Town of Orange Police Department says police are going to be searching an area that they have searched before. It's an area Randy Taylor would have been familiar with and would have had access to.

Investigators said nature worked against them the last time they searched this area. Now they hope to use aircraft similar to what was used in the Hannah Graham search.

More http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/police-to-give-statement-on-alexis-murphy-samantha-clarke-searches/29747356

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/pol...exis-murphy-samantha-clarke-searches/29747356

I guess I got my hopes up it was going to be bigger news. From the video report, they're going to be searching 200 acres of a hunting club property that is set to open for the season, but is closed to the public on Sundays. Glad to hear they're still searching.

Wait, what? Wouldn't the evidence from the Fairfax victim also be in the state database? What am I missing here?

TIA

Yeah, I really don't understand that either. If someone can make some sense of it, I'd love to hear.

TIA

I think the question really is, did LE compare the unknown DNA to any database (state or federal). Quite often they don't. They could have just compared to RAT as that was their guy.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-search-for-long-missing-virginia-teens/

<snipped section> BBM

Investigators in the Clarke case have looked into whether there could be a link between her disappearance and 32-year-old Jesse Matthew, charged with abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham. Graham was last seen Sept. 13 on Charlottesville's downtown pedestrian mall after attending two off-campus parties. Her remains were found on an abandoned property in Albemarle County last month after an extensive search.
Matthew has also been charged with attempted murder in a 2005 Fairfax rape, and investigators have said he's linked by forensic evidence to Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, who disappeared in 2009 after attending a rock concert on U.Va.'s campus. Her remains were found three months later in rural Albemarle county.

Fenwick said there does not appear to be a link between Matthew and Clarke.

The Nelson County commonwealth's attorney also announced they would investigate whether Matthew could be linked to Murphy following a request from Taylor's lawyer. However, Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin has maintained he believes there is no evidence to suggest Matthew was involved in Murphy's disappearance.

Several jurisdictions in Virginia are investigating to see whether Matthew could be linked to other unsolved murders and disappearances in the state, including the 2009 murder of Cassandra Morton. Morton vanished near Lynchburg a week before Harrington disappeared.

Still no word on the DNA testing of JM with this case...hmm...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back