Possible Links between RAT and JM

I believe the inference is that JM's DNA was in a state database, but not a federal database. And that DNA in the AM case was only tested against a federal database. http://wtvr.com/2014/10/23/alexis-murphy-jesse-matthew-social-media/

Well, that just doesn't make any sense, does it? Sorry, not directed at you. . .I mean that the DNA from AM's case would not be run through the state database. Sorry for any confusion.

Still no word on the DNA testing of JM with this case...hmm...

IKR?! Why wouldn't they tell us if JM has been ruled out? It seems simple enough.

(marking my spot / lots of catching up here to do / I started this thread but haven't even had a chance to read it, lol...tia everyone for your input!)

"#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. It was in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6"

"It" meaning what? JM's DNA? Unknown DNA from the Alexis Murphy case? If I take it this way:
"#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. JM's DNA was in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6"

It makes no sense.

If I take it this way:
"#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. The unknown DNA from the Alexis Murphy case was in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6"

It makes no sense.

But if I take it as a typo:
#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. It wasn't in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6.

It might make sense if the unknown DNA in the AM case was not randomly run against the state database, OR the Fairfax DNA was in the federal but not the state database (Don't get me started on why it isn't all just one cohesive database....)

"#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. It was in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6"

"It" meaning what? JM's DNA? Unknown DNA from the Alexis Murphy case? If I take it this way:
"#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. JM's DNA was in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6"

It makes no sense.

If I take it this way:
"#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. The unknown DNA from the Alexis Murphy case was in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6"

It makes no sense.

But if I take it as a typo:
#JesseMatthew's DNA would not have been compared in #AlexisMurphy case. It wasn't in state database prior to #Graham disappearance @CBS6.

It might make sense if the unknown DNA in the AM case was not randomly run against the state database, OR the Fairfax DNA was in the federal but not the state database (Don't get me started on why it isn't all just one cohesive database....)

Because Jm was not a suspect. And I think he still is not.

I think they keep them separated for trust issues. A lot records are broken down. city local/ state/ federal.

I admit I don't know about common practice with hair extensions, but is it common to take out the old yourself and then go and get new ones or for the salon to take them out and put them in on same visit?

Depends on the hair style and person to be honest from my understanding. If she made an appointment she most likely would have salon do all that. Taking them out and putting them in.

I cant say for 100% the process.

Because Jm was not a suspect. And I think he still is not.

I think they keep them separated for trust issues. A lot records are broken down. city local/ state/ federal.
He doesn't have to be a suspect in Alexis' case to be compared in a database. JM's DNA was in a database on the Fairfax victim (even though we didn't know it was JM at the time it went in, it was still there). Ergo, his DNA is in whatever database that case is in. The DNA from the Morgan Harrington case matched the Fairfax case. Ergo, JM's DNA (unknown to be JM's at that time) for the Morgan Harrington case was run against whatever database the Fairfax case was in.
Fairfax is in Virginia.
Roanoke is in Virginia. (Morgan)
Shipman, Lovingston, Charlottesvill and Lynchburg are all in Virginia(all of those are associated with Alexis' case).

If LE ran the unknown DNA in Alexis' case against the Virginia state database, and JM's DNA (from the Fairfax case) was in the state, and IF the unknown DNA in Alexis' case was JM, there would be a match of DNA between cases. Whether or not JM was a suspect in Alexis's case.

However, if LE ran the unknown DNA in Alexis' case against the Federal database, and JM's DNA (from the Fairfax and Morgan's case) was ONLY in the state database, and IF the unknown DNA in Alexis' case was JM, there would NOT be a match. Worse yet if LE did not run that unknown DNA against any database.

Point being, JM's DNA was in SOME database somewhere because it eventually matched up to the Fairfax case and Morgan Harrington's case, which had already been matched up before anyone heard of JM. So Laura French's tweet made absolutely no sense at all. And if LE on the Alexis Murphy case had run the unknown DNA found in her case against all databases available to them, they'd be able to say, "Nope, there was no match." the second they were asked to check the unknown DNA against JM. But they don't seem to be able to do so, which would indicate they decided RAT was their man in Alexis' case, and stopped there.

Understand, I think RAT did do it. But this opens a whole can of worms regarding appeals.

He doesn't have to be a suspect in Alexis' case to be compared in a database. JM's DNA was in a database on the Fairfax victim (even though we didn't know it was JM at the time it went in, it was still there). Ergo, his DNA is in whatever database that case is in. The DNA from the Morgan Harrington case matched the Fairfax case. Ergo, JM's DNA (unknown to be JM's at that time) for the Morgan Harrington case was run against whatever database the Fairfax case was in.
Fairfax is in Virginia.
Shipman, Lovingston, Charlottesvill and Lynchburg are all in Virginia(all of those are associated with Alexis' case).

If LE ran the unknown DNA in Alexis' case against the Virginia state database, and JM's DNA (from the Fairfax case) was in the state, and IF the unknown DNA in Alexis' case was JM, there would be a match of DNA between cases. Whether or not JM was a suspect in Alexis's case.

However, if LE ran the unknown DNA in Alexis' case against the Federal database, and JM's DNA (from the Fairfax and Morgan's case) was ONLY in the state database, and IF the unknown DNA in Alexis' case was JM, there would NOT be a match. Worse yet if LE did not run that unknown DNA against any database.

Point being, JM's DNA was in SOME database somewhere because it eventually matched up to the Fairfax case and Morgan Harrington's case, which had already been matched up before anyone heard of JM. So Laura French's tweet made absolutely no sense at all. And if LE on the Alexis Murphy case had run the unknown DNA found in her case against all databases available to them, they'd be able to say, "Nope, there was no match." the second they were asked to check the unknown DNA against JM. But they don't seem to be able to do so, which would indicate they decided RAT was their man in Alexis' case, and stopped there.

Understand, I think RAT did do it. But this opens a whole can of worms regarding appeals.

My guess is that LE did even run the unknown DNA. They rarely ever do that if they already have their guy. And IMO they figured they already had their guy. And they were probably right... Well at least half right because I am thinking there was more than just one guy.

Fairfax is in Virginia.

I understand what your saying very well. I think local police ran some Dna, then maybe fbi ran it again to a federal level, I don't think it was sloppy work or rushed work. . I don't think they found Jm prints or dna. I think that is a rouse route by Rat. I think Rat trying to buy himself or both them some time or allow one of them to get off. That's why I think its a competition between them in some kind of way. It's very odd to me. So many different men in the same area killing. One goes down the next one steps up.

I read his statement when asked directly was Jm included or could be in newspaper article. He said I don't know? The question giver gave him a ticket to cast that doubt he didn't take it, it showed his selfishness as a killer.

I don't know why Sc is included in the search, they must have found something to pitch them both together by Rat hands or a Sc murder. This is what has me saying " what going on".. I think it a lot more to this than what being said. I'm very glad they have put her(sc) in the search, she deserves this justice this effort .. I do think they will be found.

Has anyone heard updates on the AM search? Is it still going on?
And what about the DNA on JM in AMs car?

Has anyone heard updates on the AM search? Is it still going on?
And what about the DNA on JM in AMs car?

I'm local (Albemarle County, VA), and we haven't heard a thing from local news outlets, either about the search or RAT's attorney's request that the unknown DNA in AM's car be tested against JM's. Locally, the news has been dominated by the gang rape allegations at UVa...

I'm local (Albemarle County, VA), and we haven't heard a thing from local news outlets, either about the search or RAT's attorney's request that the unknown DNA in AM's car be tested against JM's. Locally, the news has been dominated by the gang rape allegations at UVa...
Thanks, Bryan9. Part of me wonders if they've decided to keep information quiet at this point, as they gather evidence. Frustrating on this end, though.

Wasn't it said it late October that they expect the results within a week? Strange we haven't heard anything, especially since the prosecutor was they were checking JMs DNA so that they could put the speculation to rest. Two months later and they still haven't put the speculation to rest.

Wasn't it said it late October that they expect the results within a week? Strange we haven't heard anything, especially since the prosecutor was they were checking JMs DNA so that they could put the speculation to rest. Two months later and they still haven't put the speculation to rest.

Gag orders. IMO

Gag orders. IMO

Yes, driving me crazy. Agree it's probably the gag orders.
But what about the Alexis Murphy search? Why has that gone completely silent? It started up again in Nov, and no word on whether or not it's been stopped or is still going...I'm on the "Help Find Alexis Murphy" FB page, and its silent. Not a single update on the search. I find that very bizarre.

I think the search is still on going. I don't know about the evidence. That's going to be a long fight to me its worth it.. With the mention of samatha clark in he search title. I think justice is coming for her as well.

I hope they do find her body, Then the state of Virginia can put this vermin dog named Rat down.!

I seem to have lost my thanks button.
So, thank you Deba and popcicle for the updates.

I seem to have lost my thanks button.
So, thank you Deba and popcicle for the updates.

It should be back soon:

We're aware of the "thanks" button issue. Dave is working on the system, and disabling the "thanks" button temporarily is part of the process.

As always, thanks so much for your patience.

Bessie

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-quot-Button-is-gone&p=11421069#post11421069

Interesting new update . . . thanks Deba and popsicle! :gthanks:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back