Possible Matches for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly don't want to dampen anyone's efforts to find Anna, but feel strongly there is little to no chance that anyone abducting her would then give her the same name she had before. It doesn't make any sense for an abductor to do that, IMO.

Heart of Texas in the event that Anna was abducted by strangers I totally agree with you.

In the event that Anna was "rescued" by the Georges and adopted out, or placed with a family, it is possible that her actual name, and birth certificate, was used. Since George Waters had overseas connections (even studied there) Anna being spirited out of the country is a viable option.

At least it is in my mind. I respect your right to disagree.

With the "rescue" theory in mind I've also been searching for "Christina" Waters. Is a minor misspelling of Christian and an easy "talk around"

When I originally started looking for Anna, I was looking under her real name - not because it was the most likely, but because it provided the easiest line of investigation. I agree that the most likely scenario is that Anna's name was changed and she may not even remember the name "Anna". However, the idea that the two Georges may have been involved does leave open the possibility that she would have kept her original name (and original birthdate).

Unfortunately, "Anna Waters" is a relatively common name. Early on in the search, I paid a research company to compile a list of every "Anna" in the United States who was born on September 25, 1967. None had the last name of "Waters".

As we search the internet, we are going to find a lot of "Anna Waters". What we need is something additional to merely finding a name that would point toward it being our Anna (a picture that resembles the age-progression, an AW posting on an adoption site, etc.) Otherwise, we will spend a lot of time searching for needles in a haystack.

Dr. Doogie said:
When I originally started looking for Anna, I was looking under her real name - not because it was the most likely, but because it provided the easiest line of investigation. I agree that the most likely scenario is that Anna's name was changed and she may not even remember the name "Anna". However, the idea that the two Georges may have been involved does leave open the possibility that she would have kept her original name (and original birthdate).

Unfortunately, "Anna Waters" is a relatively common name. Early on in the search, I paid a research company to compile a list of every "Anna" in the United States who was born on September 25, 1967. None had the last name of "Waters".

As we search the internet, we are going to find a lot of "Anna Waters". What we need is something additional to merely finding a name that would point toward it being our Anna (a picture that resembles the age-progression, an AW posting on an adoption site, etc.) Otherwise, we will spend a lot of time searching for needles in a haystack.
Which is exactly why we cannot rule out the actress before looking at her. I realize the chance is slim, but stranger things have happened.

I received a good tip from a member concerning a possible match for Anna named Dr. Anna Waters, a sports psychologist in England. Besides having the same name, the woman's picture on her website strongly resembled the age-progressed photo of Anna. Here is the link to her website:

http://chrianna.co.uk/

I sent her an email and she was kind enough to respond promptly that she was born in 1972 in England and was not our Anna.

gardenmom said:
Which is exactly why we cannot rule out the actress before looking at her. I realize the chance is slim, but stranger things have happened.
I have been drawing a blank on finding out more about this Anna Waters. Googling, IMDB, everything that I can think of to try and find a picture or info of this woman is turning up zero. This actress appears only to have this one credit and no publicist.

Our Anna would be approximately 28 years old when this was filmed - if anybody has the opportunity to view this film, please see what age this Anna could be please. It may be that she is a child or a senior citizen - either of which would eliminate her. Short of somebody veiwing the film, I am stumped.

That is exactly why I am interested in this actress!

I am going to call a film buff friend of mine tomorrow - maybe he knows of a place in town that might have it for rent as it won quite a few awards....

Also, I think I'm going to email the "W Network" the new version of the Woman's Network to see if they are going to be showing it again anything soon.

I'll let you know what I find out.

I posted a thread on the W. Network message board explaining why I wanted the info, its here - anyone can read
http://forums.wnetwork.com/boards/index.php?act=ST&f=35&t=2280&st=0#entry19776

One of their members posted a question about Anna Waters on the IMDB message board. Unfortunately its a register to read board.

I registered and will let you know if anyone says anything interesting.

Nice people are everywhere!

I normally just lurk on this thread but I did find this.... Sorry if this has been posted already. It is a book with a character named Anna Waters...

Anna Waters is the main character and narrator is an eternal teenager. As the daughter of a child prodigy and Nobel Prize winner she had an intensive education but had no emotional support and no childhood or adolescence so is living out her lost youth now. She is man mad but can not get emotionally attached.

Lady Harriet Moresby is the poor little rich girl. Raised as the daughter of a Duke and her saintly well loved by the public Godiva Fawcett she is rebelling but becoming a 'Trustifarian;. She does experimental art, lives an old industrial space in the middle of prime real estate and dabbles with minimum wage jobs. She is like the girl Common People was written about. She's the character you think you might hate but you don't She finds it hard to get emotionally attached as she fears people only want to know her for her mother. She had a real love-hate relatio nship
with her mother being dragged around the world
and used as a photo opportunity. She craved the real love of her mother and still does not like anyone sharing in her grief.

The two share a flat, work as waitresses in a boarding school themed restaurant and share each other's lives. You know the type of girls they are. I know two sets of them. They are always seen together, have their own language, almost their own little world. Their friendship is so strong it is almost like a platonic love affair.

The other character that I think is worth mentioning is Grace Waters. She is cold, clinical and not interested in Anna as a person unless Anna is the person that Grace wants Anna to be. I think she is a masterpiece. She is almost monstrous, but there is a side of her you feel real pity.

Other things I lied about the book was the parody of theme bars. There are several in this book with gimmicky interiors, and standard cocktails named to fit in with the theme of the bar. I thought this was nice touch.

It took me about a week to read this book but I was hooked and was dying o know how it ends, as unlike a fluffy chick lit book I had no idea what the ending was going to be like.
I would really recommend you buy this book if you like Kate Atkinson but don't be put off by the terrible front cover.
It is available in all good bookshops priced £6.99

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/printed-books/virtue-serena-mackesy/416029/

Welcome, georgiagirl. I was not aware of the book that you mention - I will keep an eye open for it.

Over the last 33 years, Annasmom has kept a diary of the search for Anna, partly as a means of documenting what had been done, partly as a personal therapy. I have read the ongoing manuscript and I must say that it is a fascinating read. It is much more than just a dry recitation of the events - Annasmom has a keen writer's eyes for literary parallels and weaves them into the narrative, giving the story a broader reference than just the search for one missing girl. The manuscript has characters as diverse as the Dali Lama to Richard Allen Davis and covers coinciding historical events from the Viet Nam war through today.

Annasmom and I are exploring the possibility of self-publishing the manuscript in small quantities initally in an effort to create media interest in Anna's case, with the hope that media coverage may at last create the one breakthrough needed to solve the mystery. The private investigator who has assisted the family over the years is also a NY Times best-selling author and he has offered his assistance in navigating the strange seas of the publishing world. I will keep everyone informed on our progress on this front.

I went on the imdb message board and saw the message Pondering Things mentioned. It is just a general question asking about the actress Anna Waters and her age and what she looks like, but nobody has replied to it. Someone on the message board has a DVD of the movie, although I think it must be bootlegged/copied as I don't think it is available on DVD. Wouldn't it be nice to see a screen capture of this actress! The person who has the DVD has not replied as to where s/he got it.

I have listed every link that I (and another member) have found on the Australian Anna Waters. I sent an e-mail to the hotkey, but it was returned as undeliverable. This afternoon, I sent an e-mail to an internet friend who lives in Australia to find out if he lives near Tasmania. I am waiting for his reply. Not really up to date on international calling (its been 25+ years since I made an international call). I notice all pics of Anna here her hair being more thinner than the age progression. Age can have a lot to do with it along with hormones. :blushing:

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~watersworks/index.html

http://www.acadarts.utas.edu.au/events/centre_stage/history/misbehavin/

http://www.perform.utas.edu.au/events/centre_stage/history/sunday/index.html

Tasmanian Music Industry Association
Association for commercial music industry interests
Anna Waters,Managerc/o Suite 32A, Yorktown Square
Launceston TAS 7250
Ph 03 6334 4163, fax 03 6331 3636

THE WATERSWORKS ENTERTAINMENT AGENCY
9 Upper McEwans Road
Legana TAS 7277
Phone:
(03) 6330 2411
Fax:
(03) 6330 2408
Manager:
Anna Waters

PonderingThings said:
That is exactly why I am interested in this actress!

I am going to call a film buff friend of mine tomorrow - maybe he knows of a place in town that might have it for rent as it won quite a few awards....

Also, I think I'm going to email the "W Network" the new version of the Woman's Network to see if they are going to be showing it again anything soon.

I'll let you know what I find out.
I emailed the W network on the weekend as well and have yet to hear back from anyone.I wish I could remember the the character she played,I have been racking my brain.I have not seen anywhere where a person can get a copy of this film,but I will check my local library today.I just had surgery last week so I have not been able to go have a look around,but if there is one around in Canada I will try and find it.

Alta said:
I emailed the W network on the weekend as well and have yet to hear back from anyone.I wish I could remember the the character she played,I have been racking my brain.I have not seen anywhere where a person can get a copy of this film,but I will check my local library today.I just had surgery last week so I have not been able to go have a look around,but if there is one around in Canada I will try and find it.
The character's name is "Donna".

Yes i seen that,lol I guess I meant I wish i could remember her character,the age and what she looked like.I am actually surprised this was not made into a dvd or vhs copy for one reason or another, most t.v. movies/documentaries are nowadays.

My friend replied that he was about 2 hours away. He did find her listed at another address in Tasmania along with an e-mail address. Once again, that was returned also. He has friends who has family in Tas. and will try to locate this Anna.

SherlockJr said:
My friend replied that he was about 2 hours away. He did find her listed at another address in Tasmania along with an e-mail address. Once again, that was returned also. He has friends who has family in Tas. and will try to locate this Anna.
Great work, SherlockJr! It is nice to have connections all across the globe. Everything I know about Tasmania I learned in Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Hi there! I have been following this story since finding this website. It has taken a LONG time to read thru all the threads. I live in Tasmania, about 2 hours drive from Launceston. I am in awe of all the info you guys in the states seem to have access to, just reading all the info you can find is amazing. If you could give me some tips for what to look for I might be able to help. I had a look in the phone book on line and there are a couple A Waters listed, but not much info other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa