Possible Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is worth checking out further-the cleft (sort of) chin on Karen throws me a bit, but if you take away some of her baby-ness, I think the shape of the eyes is right even if the brows are not....

I agree. though, I think it is quite possible the cleft may have disappeared with swelling. What I notice most on MJD's hospital photo's is her hairline around the temple area. Imo it is one of her most unique features... I'm trying to see that on the possible matches but so few pics with the hair pulled away from the face. As for her brows, MJDs are shaped Karens appear natural- I wouldn't discount based on that.....

I see a resemblance and an inch in height is irrelevant - skeletons compress and expand by an inch or two over time and I suspect that most heights given for missing persons are estimated rather than measured anyway.

That said, Karen just has a whole other "look" than MJD - she seems as though she wouldn't conform to the 'pretty' ideal that MJD seemed to represent. Objectively she seems like a good match but my gut just tells me no.

Well Thank you for the compliment. That made my day. Hope this is what you wanted. Warning link contains photo of MJD in the hospital.

MJD_ID_TawniLee.jpg

Thanks for doing that Zanko.
When looking at that the noses look very much alike.Overall I think the ME photo and Karens long hair picture look the most alike.The shape of the face on both of Karens Photos look like the shape of MJD's ME photo. What realy throws me for a loop is how Karens pictures showing both hair styles look like two different people.
I read karen lived with her aunt and uncle. Maybe she wasnt allowed to wear make up and it was not so much about being concerned with it as not allowed to be a part of it? She is a beautiful girl and has such a whole some look.

Soulmagnet

FWIW, MJD had a small mole/birthmark on the right side of her nose. I've seen it in all of her photos... It appears that Karen has a similiar mark about the same area, but it is difficult to tell if that is a mole/birthmark or a blemish as the pics of Karen aren't as clear.
I'm always looking for that mole/birthmark when comparing photos. Anyone else?

Also didnt they say MJD went by coral or corry.Could it have been carrie?

I don't know why, but Sarah Murray reminds me a bit of the Racine Jane Doe...Can't put my finger on it...Does anyone else see it too?

I don't know why, but Sarah Murray reminds me a bit of the Racine Jane Doe...Can't put my finger on it...Does anyone else see it too?

Who is Racine Jane Doe? This is a thread for Maricopa Jane Doe LOL

FWIW, MJD had a small mole/birthmark on the right side of her nose. I've seen it in all of her photos... It appears that Karen has a similiar mark about the same area, but it is difficult to tell if that is a mole/birthmark or a blemish as the pics of Karen aren't as clear.
I'm always looking for that mole/birthmark when comparing photos. Anyone else?
I couldnt tell either. It apears in a slightly different location than Karens. I had a RN look at the hospital photo on MJD and asked her if the mark could appear to be in a different location due to swelling. She said it could. She also said she thought it could be a match.

I follow that case too, cymster. But I don't see her in Sarah. I wish!

Thanks for doing that Zanko.
When looking at that the noses look very much alike.Overall I think the ME photo and Karens long hair picture look the most alike.The shape of the face on both of Karens Photos look like the shape of MJD's ME photo. What realy throws me for a loop is how Karens pictures showing both hair styles look like two different people.
I read karen lived with her aunt and uncle. Maybe she wasnt allowed to wear make up and it was not so much about being concerned with it as not allowed to be a part of it? She is a beautiful girl and has such a whole some look.

Soulmagnet

Thank you Soulmagnet! You should send Karen's info into Suzi Dodt at the ME's office. Sure looks like a possibility to me! BTW - welcome!!!

I couldnt tell either. It apears in a slightly different location than Karens. I had a RN look at the hospital photo on MJD and asked her if the mark could appear to be in a different location due to swelling. She said it could. She also said she thought it could be a match.

FWIW on swelling. I just spent a few days in the hospital and one of the things I developed was bells palsy. I can certainly see a difference in the appearance on the paralyzed side of my face and interestingly swelling in the cartilage around my right ear. They are subtle differences but noticable enough and not having a before pic of MJD and thinking along some of the subtle areas I can see how Karen may be a match. Plus, some girls may appear tomboyish for a time being and suddenly make a few new friends and turn into real beauties... the plain Jane in JH compared to a year or two later in HS. I've seen it often enough.....

I too agree Karen needs to be submitted.

ETA: :Welcome-12-june:Soulmagent!

Thanks for the welcomes! It feels good to come from behind the screen. I have been lurking since 2003.I firgured I would rush in with all the other newbies and hope no one noticed.

FWIW on swelling. I just spent a few days in the hospital and one of the things I developed was bells palsy. I can certainly see a difference in the appearance on the paralyzed side of my face and interestingly swelling in the cartilage around my right ear. They are subtle differences but noticable enough and not having a before pic of MJD and thinking along some of the subtle areas I can see how Karen may be a match. Plus, some girls may appear tomboyish for a time being and suddenly make a few new friends and turn into real beauties... the plain Jane in JH compared to a year or two later in HS. I've seen it often enough.....

I too agree Karen needs to be submitted.

ETA: :Welcome-12-june:Soulmagent!

I am really sorry to hear about your medical problems Cubby I hope you are better soon :blowkiss:

Thanks for the welcomes! It feels good to come from behind the screen. I have been lurking since 2003.I firgured I would rush in with all the other newbies and hope no one noticed.

We're all grateful for new eyes and insights here!!! Glad you've joined us. :blowkiss:

Glad you came out from behind the screen. The newbies have been wonderful the last few weeks. Lots of new interesting posters, and glad to have more eyes.

Sgt Pat O'neill is the person in charge of Karen Mitchell's case and he will not be in until Monday. He and I will chat then-I was told that they have some new leads on Karen so it will be interesting to chat with him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500