Possible NEW Suspects In JonBenet Ramsey Case?

And I thought your answer was going to be because he has aspirations of being an Author on something he eventually is going to be wearing a Clownsuit about. I don't worry, though, cause nobody going to publish his book on this subject.

A GJ indictment was leveled and I'm looking at a December release date.

Who's the clown now?

I've already got people lined up for an autographed copy.

I agree, neat trick how his DNA ended up under her fingernails though. The Unknown DNA from the underwear is also indicated in a drop of blood and under her fingernails. The same proflie!

The fingernails? IIRC they used clippers that had been used on other deceased people and were not able to be used for testing. IDK

The fingernails? IIRC they used clippers that had been used on other deceased people and were not able to be used for testing. IDK

Correct. Regardless of wether this case ever went to trial or ever will- the fingernail DNA will be tossed out because the coroner admitted the clippers were used on other bodies and not cleaned between autopsies. A body, especially a murder victim, requires a sterile clipper for EACH nail- 10 clippers. Not only did her use the same clipper on all her nails, he used on other people before her.

It said on the documentary and showed a database of potential suspects along with their DNA markers that was compiled by Lou Smit. Does anyone have any guesses who the persons name was that was highlighted in yellow and could not be ruled out through DNA?

It said on the documentary and showed a database of potential suspects along with their DNA markers that was compiled by Lou Smit. Does anyone have any guesses who the persons name was that was highlighted in yellow and could not be ruled out through DNA?

I did not see the name(s) in the documentary, but afaik Lou Smit could not exclude the "Santa" and friend of the Ramseys, Bill McReynolds, and Joe Barnhill, the neighbor, via DNA.

-Nin

Not only was the DNA under her nails contaminated with the nail clippers, JBR had played in a recital earlier that day. Who knows how many people she touched. The DNA on the waistbands of her long johns and panties could have come from PR's own hands when she dressed JBR for bed and who knows what all PR touched that day.

Just think of all the things you do everyday that transfers someone's DNA cells onto you. Ring a doorbell - DNA transfer from the UPS guy or the mailman or even a Christmas caroler? Yep. Open a door knob of someone's house with a bare hand - DNA from whomever touched that door. Use a bathroom somewhere - DNA. Put your purse on the bathroom floor at a restaurant - DNA. Touch the bottom of the purse voila" DNA on your hands. None of this DNA was sufficient to get enough markers to be able to identify anyone. Open a Christmas card envelope - DNA from everyone who ever touched that envelope.

I believe the DNA found on the waistbands was transferred there by PR who had touched many, many things that day.

Anyone?

With all of the recent documentaries and airings; watching them all and have followed this case for years. I took the liberty of ordering Lou Smit and Bob Whitson book from Amazon. Frankly, the book reads more like a textbook and will be using some of the information for some training purposes in a general sense. In the book, a suspect is profiled but is not named. I took the liberty of searching on the facts of this offender and believe have pinpointed the person they felt could be a strong suspect. However, they were not allowed to interview this person. I am one that relies on facts, taking out the emotion and the group think mentality. It is disturbing to me that certain suspects were not followed up on due to the sole focus of RDI. Yes, I am aware many claim there were other followups. But it's human nature to at least try to act unbiased. It is also disturbing that the additional DNA was concealed from the DA office at one time. The suspect I believe that was profiled in this book initials are B.W who was arrested for breaking into homes and sexually assaulting females in the middle of the night.
Still watching the CBS series. Again, I am open minded. Everyone makes a compelling argument but it also depends on the sources you are utilizing. I think so far A&E has offered the most new information and perhaps this CBS one from what Ive seen thus far.

Edit to Add: I have also read Steve Thomas as well as James Kolar book. The pendulum has swung a lot through the years.

Touch DNA isn't going to have the ten markers that this DNA had. The DNA that they where able to pull with the ten markers to enter into CODIS matched the wasit band of her long johns and both sides as well as her underwear. This wasn't touch DNA left behind. The DNA under her fingernails was likely touch DNA but when they have been ruling people out here they aren't doing it based on touch DNA.

The CBS special was a joke.It is quite obviously to me that Spitz and Lee are after the money and will say whatever a checkbook wants them to say while saying I am an expert at the end. Google Spitz and credibility. And Lee defended wife killer Mike Peterson.

The CBS special was a joke.It is quite obviously to me that Spitz and Lee are after the money and will say whatever a checkbook wants them to say while saying I am an expert at the end. Google Spitz and credibility. And Lee defended wife killer Mike Peterson.

I found the head bash recreation with the flashlight by the boy enlightening. And demonstrating how touch DNA is expectable and unreasonable to use to exonerate anyone educational. And the stun gun nonsense was dispensed with nicely. And now it should be obvious to everyone that nobody came in that basement window. And Burke and the unrecognizable pineapples - well that's just priceless. And then there's the 911 tape - "We're not talking to you", "what did you find", etc. etc.. And the ransom note analysis was very good.

I did find the CBS wrap up a bit hasty and sloppy but they got their important point across, Burke killed his sister and the parents covered it up.

The whole problem is, the people Team Ramsey have thrown out this year--Oliva, Santa Bill, LHP, Helgoth--aren't new suspects at all. TR is hoping that enough time has passed that what is old seems new again. What was NBC's hook for reruns back then? "If you haven't seen it, it's new to you."

With all of the recent documentaries and airings; watching them all and have followed this case for years. I took the liberty of ordering Lou Smit and Bob Whitson book from Amazon. Frankly, the book reads more like a textbook and will be using some of the information for some training purposes in a general sense. In the book, a suspect is profiled but is not named. I took the liberty of searching on the facts of this offender and believe have pinpointed the person they felt could be a strong suspect. However, they were not allowed to interview this person. I am one that relies on facts, taking out the emotion and the group think mentality. It is disturbing to me that certain suspects were not followed up on due to the sole focus of RDI.

"Sole focus," my fanny.

Yes, I am aware many claim there were other followups. But it's human nature to at least try to act unbiased.

It was a bit more than an "act."

It is also disturbing that the additional DNA was concealed from the DA office at one time.

Nothing disturbing about it. They didn't want the DA's office to leak it.

Touch DNA isn't going to have the ten markers that this DNA had. The DNA that they where able to pull with the ten markers to enter into CODIS matched the wasit band of her long johns and both sides as well as her underwear. This wasn't touch DNA left behind.

It didn't. Thanks to Gordon Coombes, we know that they were only using a four-marker standard to "match" the touch DNA to the underwear DNA. WHICH, it's helpful to point out, only had the 9-1/2 markers, and they had to amplify it to get THAT many.

It's also helpful to point out that the waistband and legbands of the underwear had DNA on them as well.

The DNA under her fingernails was likely touch DNA but when they have been ruling people out here they aren't doing it based on touch DNA.

Nobody was ever ruled out on DNA alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G@$p•
Back