Possible Serial Killer in Boston?

michaelawayla123

Future M.S. in Criminal Investigations
Reaction score
Hey fellow truth-seekers,

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I felt the urge to share this information.

Since the early 2000's, there have been a chilling number of young men's bodies found in or around the Charles River in Boston. Most of the deaths have been ruled as either accidental or suicide, but little information has been released about specifics (surprise, surprise). Additionally, almost all of these deaths have been ruled as unsuspicious and are thought to have been the result of foul play (or suicide, depending on the case). Suspicions have since been raised throughout the community, as the victims of these deaths have some shocking things in common.

What do a lot of local Bostonians fear? That there is an active serial killer lurking in our streets. Police have dismissed this idea, but hear me out. Anything is possible.

Of the 15 men that I have closely studied, I have noticed some extremely uncanny resemblances, and I'm not just talking physical appearance. Most of the victims are young men in their early to mid 20's, and were last seen leaving either a bar or a friend's house late at night. A lot of the victims were either involved in the arts, the military, or were involved in the sciences. Almost every disappearance took place in February, March, October, or November.
The bodies were found in the same manner - either in the Charles River or close by it. Some of their cellphones were found smashed near them while others have belongings that were never recovered.

I'm posting two links below- one maps out where each body was found, and one is a website that provides more information about some of the cases as well as pictures. I do not take credit for either of these websites, they've just been extremely informative and helpful during my search endeavors!

Look at the pictures, read the stories, and let me know your thoughts. The victimology isn't 100% consistent, but I think we (the suspicious Bostonians) might be onto something here....

Map Link: Boston's Vanishing Men - خرائطي على Google

Website Link: Boston’s Mysterious Vanishing Men

I liked your post very much. You have been very informative.
Welcome to WS.

I went to searching on the web about the Boston cases and found that WS already has a forum set up to discuss these crimes. This forum (linked below) has been separating out cases by states into different threads. They have a thread set up for Massachusetts that includes the Boston cases. It's also linked below. I think you will find it very interesting.

I am alerting my post to see if maybe the Mods will want to move your post over to the MA thread.

Thread -Possible Victims - Massachusetts

Forum -
Deaths of Male College Students/The River Killers

Oh awesome!!! Thank you so so much, I didn't even see that forum! I'll definitely check it out and hopefully my post can get moved over there :) .

Oh awesome!!! Thank you so so much, I didn't even see that forum! I'll definitely check it out and hopefully my post can get moved over there :) .

I dont know of your thread got moved so i am going to post my reply here... On first examination while i was looking at the map what i found strange was where someone went missing is where a body was found close by... Now i know people dont look at stuff like that often but what if the person was around to reminisce and the victim was at the wrong place/wrong time type of thing (i havent cross checked the dates so i could be wrong haha)

Then i went into the article you have linked and the first thing that caught my eye was the first 'victim' John Daverio. He seems out of place. He is 20 years older and died four years before a true pattern seems to be made here. Im not saying hes not a victim in this matter but he does seem out of place to be looking at with the rest of the college aged men here. And reading on in the article ot states he has attempted suicide once before by jumping into another river... So i do happen to believe this one may be a suicide in my opinion. Along with part 2 of the article the other 2 older men seem to be leaning towards the same opinion.

But while reading the whole article it seems to me that some of the men were supposed to be waiting for people and seems to have ran into someone whom gave them directions... Which i find this a very odd detail and when the person gets there they find the mens cell phones smashed... Could they have been drugged and dragged off by someone? Lead somewhere else by someone drugged so they could be in a psychosis and thats why they jumped in the river? Who knows.... But those are my questions that havent been answered. I know a regular tox was ran but could it be that it is highly untraceable unless you actually get one of the other longer tox done? I find it weird to leave a spot someone is going to meet you at to go commit suicide cause if it was me i wouldnt call the person to come get me. A few of the men were never seen again and those maybe the answer to these questions.... If they died sooner before getting to the river could they be somewhere else? And some seem so strange to be calling accidents that i dont see how people rest with those answers. Some were tied to other things while some were in a psychosis which could explain the suicide aspect but why go into a psychosis while taking medication that is working? I have so many other thoughts but none of it make sense... I feel for these families though i just dont get why the police think this is normal when here in ct we dont see many drownings at all unless fall off of boats but we have the almost same winters as mass and we have boardwalks and piers next to yale and other state schools so you would think they would wanna try and look into this more further.... Here are some of my most intense thoughts on this for you.

There have been a number of those in Portland, Maine also with the same type of things you mention. Young men, usually having left a bar alone, always end up magically dead in the water of "accidental" death.

Hey fellow truth-seekers,

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I felt the urge to share this information.

Since the early 2000's, there have been a chilling number of young men's bodies found in or around the Charles River in Boston. Most of the deaths have been ruled as either accidental or suicide, but little information has been released about specifics (surprise, surprise). Additionally, almost all of these deaths have been ruled as unsuspicious and are thought to have been the result of foul play (or suicide, depending on the case). Suspicions have since been raised throughout the community, as the victims of these deaths have some shocking things in common.

What do a lot of local Bostonians fear? That there is an active serial killer lurking in our streets. Police have dismissed this idea, but hear me out. Anything is possible.

Of the 15 men that I have closely studied, I have noticed some extremely uncanny resemblances, and I'm not just talking physical appearance. Most of the victims are young men in their early to mid 20's, and were last seen leaving either a bar or a friend's house late at night. A lot of the victims were either involved in the arts, the military, or were involved in the sciences. Almost every disappearance took place in February, March, October, or November.
The bodies were found in the same manner - either in the Charles River or close by it. Some of their cellphones were found smashed near them while others have belongings that were never recovered.

I'm posting two links below- one maps out where each body was found, and one is a website that provides more information about some of the cases as well as pictures. I do not take credit for either of these websites, they've just been extremely informative and helpful during my search endeavors!

Look at the pictures, read the stories, and let me know your thoughts. The victimology isn't 100% consistent, but I think we (the suspicious Bostonians) might be onto something here....

Map Link: Boston's Vanishing Men - خرائطي على Google

Website Link: Boston’s Mysterious Vanishing Men

I liked your post very much. You have been very informative.
Welcome to WS.

I went to searching on the web about the Boston cases and found that WS already has a forum set up to discuss these crimes. This forum (linked below) has been separating out cases by states into different threads. They have a thread set up for Massachusetts that includes the Boston cases. It's also linked below. I think you will find it very interesting.

I am alerting my post to see if maybe the Mods will want to move your post over to the MA thread.

Thread -Possible Victims - Massachusetts

Forum -
Deaths of Male College Students/The River Killers

Have you found a forum that has been looking into this more recently? I have been kind of following this story for years and it blows my mind that law enforcement keeps saying some of these are suicide (suicide by drowning accounts for less than 1% of suicides, and a bunch in one area?). I have info sheets on each victim and maps. Would love to look into this more with people who are interested.

Men in their 20s drowning after a night at the bar isn’t that uncommon. Tons of schools there. Oct/Nov has fall break, Halloween, and the day before Thanksgiving and Feb/Mar has plenty of sports events, St Patrick’s Day, and often spring break - all events with higher rates of alcohol consumption. (Back in the day, I was involved in multiple dram shop actions). Is there anything more specific about these deaths?

Since 2006, 15 men in their 20's who had been drinking in a city surrounded by water and fell in the Charles River? That does not seem like much of a pattern. Every weekend there are weddings at the Long Wharf and without fail a few times a year some wasted idiot groomsman jumps in the water only to be arrested by the Harbor Patrol.
If they were 40 year old men that were commuting to work......that would be a concerning pattern.

Since 2006, 15 men in their 20's who had been drinking in a city surrounded by water and fell in the Charles River? That does not seem like much of a pattern. Every weekend there are weddings at the Long Wharf and without fail a few times a year some wasted idiot groomsman jumps in the water only to be arrested by the Harbor Patrol.
If they were 40 year old men that were commuting to work......that would be a concerning pattern.

Or if the men were stabbed/shot before going into the water. I’m not seeing a pattern that would suggest a serial killer.

And you might be right. The thing that bothered me was that it's exclusively men of a certain age. Several of them were actually found with injuries to their bodies that were downplayed in the local media as well as GHB in their system. After they found another body in the river the BPD released a Community Alert saying to be aware of spiked drinks. I'd have to go back and look but if i remember right there were also more than a few in the Navy which also seemed a little odd to me that they would so easily stumble into the water and not be able to get out. It's just something that a friend from Boston told me about and i thought it was interesting.

2/20 68 yr old college crew Coach fell in Charles river drowned
7/21 41 year old homeless man drowned Charles River
2/21 40 year old fell in Charles River riding Bicycle over the ice
9/21 31 year old male rescued ..kayaker who fell in Charles river
12/20 woman and dog pulled from Charles river after falling through ice
11/22 Teen male pulled from Boston Harbor, had been breaking into a yacht

I'm sure the Winter Hill Gang and Whitey Bulger left a few ex friends floating as well.

I think I have posted my thoughts about this case in a few places but I feel like I should give input again. As a girl who lived half of my life in the city of Boston (college-30s) I spent many nights walking from the Faneuil Hall area to Kenmore Square after nights spent at bars and many times alone for whatever reason (I decided to leave early, stay late, had no cab money, fight with boyfriend...whatever). I am familiar with every bar mentioned and could tell you the most likely route walked depending on the time of year. I honestly do not think there is a serial killer. Do I think that the young men committed suicide? Not necessarily. I think many were homicide victims but unrelated cases. The men make up a lot of the demographics of the area actually. College-age, white-males essentially (yes, there were a few exceptions), and I also believe a few were suicides or accidents. I think the idea of having a "serial killer" is much more sensational than the fact that these might be separate unrelated events. If you looked at homicide numbers in other cities and saw matching demographics and similar COD (parts of Los Angeles for example), one would not necessarily assume a serial killer, one would assume demographics and possibly lifestyle.

I am not saying that these men have made lifestyle choices that contributed to their death (unless it was suicide), but Boston does have homicides too and anyone can be a victim. People do have accidents and die from injuries. I think sometimes its easier to blame or accept something bigger is at large than to accept the fact that our loved ones may have been a victim randomly, or had a random accident, or committed suicide because that means it could be that random, one of us could be a victim at any time. No demographic is required.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back