Possible Victims: Pennsylvania

Willoughby is a good cop. He's already checking this out before mom calls him.

The debris field before the creek, which is only two feet deep, is very suspicious. And what young man, especially if he's drunk, is going to head towards freezing water in January? I still stick by the thought that they would be on the hunt for a warm bed and a chica instead.

The fact that Tommy didn't get kicked out of the bar with his friends speaks volumes of his sobriety and critical thinking.

And IMO, someone is looking for exits with cameras.

SQ- did you mean without cameras?

That poor Mom I would be wondering too, how he got to the creek, in the dark, traveling through 25 yards of woods and brush to tumble in the creek and drown in 1 foot of water?

That just is not making sense..nor is the fact he is not caught on tape leaving the bar, but can be seen going into the bar. Af ew other cases the men were not seen on video leaving the bar. How is that possible..pushed out a bathroom window. Or someone who works there says they need to reset the tape while the others hurry them out a back door?

I had a thought about this that changes my view of who the kidnappers might be.

What if the assailants are white college kids? The police didn't see Booth leave the bar, but what if he was surrounded by a group of other guys and they put a hat on him or something and kind of kept him hidden from the camera?

This could work, and would suggest that it isn't "outsiders", but rather that the whole thing is some kind of sick initiation ritual or something. It wouldn't be the same killers in every case - instead it would be a "secret society" or something.

The suspect is a Dental student at Temple University with no affiliation with Swarthmore campus-no friends there etc. He pulled into an area of the college that is accessible to anyone and stopped the victim, who was leaving the library (it closes at 2AM) with the excuse of asking directions to the "presidents house". The student told him where the President lived-pointing to the general direction but the suspect then insisted that the victim get into the car and show him where to drive. The victim refused and then the suspect got out of the car, opened the passenger door and proceeded to grab the male victim and try to physicially force him into the car. The victim resisted and proceeded to get away and a second attempt was made by the suspect, this time the vcitim ran to the closest building, the Black Student Union and fortunately students were awake there and assisted the victim. Suspect fled at a high rate of speed and was later arrested. There is rumor that the suspect may have been on other college campus' that evening??

Was there anything found on the suspect that could be used as some sort of "incapacitator" to the vic? ie: chloraform, GHB, etc..

Was there anything found at the scene, at the suspects house, or in the car that would indicate his intentions?

Has LE obtained or applied for any Search/seize warrants?

Do you know when his prelim is?

Aside from the initial story, the media has been silent. Preliminary is June 2nd. I should follow up on that and attend that hearing. Everyone seems to be complacent, he was caught, it's all over. Why did it occur at all? No one seems to ask that.

I have about had it with the very complacency you are referencing- Please do keep on it, I am traveling that day or I would attend as well-

28 year old dental students do not attempt to abduct 23 year old college men for no reason- wtf??

ETA: sorry for the rant, and may not be applicable in this particular case, but imo, this hush hush business puts others at risk, and definately has in some of these cases.

I had posted someplace or other about the Swarthmore abduction. Chaing doesn't look like he could single-handedly abduct anyone, which suggests to me that he is just a delusional nut.

However, when I read about the Booth case and realized how close that was to Swarthmore it made me wonder.

I'm going to be away for a few days, but if you remind me next week I'll follow up with a buddy who lives in Swarthmore and who knows the Chief of Police.

Today in the local paper where Tom Booth disappeared-"A Widener University professor of law said graffiti recently found at the sight of a bizarre drowning indicates a theorized multi-state serial killer wants to be caught, but one Wallingford graffiti artist isn’t convinced there’s a local connection."
http://tinyurl.com/6ojkq9

They are never robbed, but many of the victim’s cell phones are missing, as was Booth’s.

“That’s part of the signature,” said Reed. “The victim is a young white male, the victim doesn’t have any signs of robbery except the missing cell phone. So maybe you’re going to find a kind of (Wisconsin killer and cannibal) Jeff Dahmer out there who hangs up the cell phones of his victims on the wall with names and dates, or something like that.”

http://www.delcotimes.com/WebApp/ap....content=/DCT/Home/ContentTab_Feature_2030645

I found this even more interesting, In.

I had posted someplace or other about the Swarthmore abduction. Chaing doesn't look like he could single-handedly abduct anyone, which suggests to me that he is just a delusional nut.

However, when I read about the Booth case and realized how close that was to Swarthmore it made me wonder.

I'm going to be away for a few days, but if you remind me next week I'll follow up with a buddy who lives in Swarthmore and who knows the Chief of Police.
Thanks for checking that out. I find it curious myself.

Alrighty then..if what the detectives said was accurate for PA cases..we still do not definitely know who they are talking about. Matthew Grendel may be one of the cases..but we still don't know who the second case is in PA........

The detectives were not contacted about Tommy Booth until after the GMA telecast. Which means we are still in need of finding the second vic in PA..because there may be 3 in PA with the addition of Tommy Booth.

Aside from the initial story, the media has been silent. Preliminary is June 2nd. I should follow up on that and attend that hearing. Everyone seems to be complacent, he was caught, it's all over. Why did it occur at all? No one seems to ask that.

Indi- if you are still planning on attenidng, can you please post following?
Has there been any new info?

The suspect is a Dental student at Temple University with no affiliation with Swarthmore campus-no friends there etc. He pulled into an area of the college that is accessible to anyone and stopped the victim, who was leaving the library (it closes at 2AM) with the excuse of asking directions to the "presidents house". The student told him where the President lived-pointing to the general direction but the suspect then insisted that the victim get into the car and show him where to drive. The victim refused and then the suspect got out of the car, opened the passenger door and proceeded to grab the male victim and try to physicially force him into the car. The victim resisted and proceeded to get away and a second attempt was made by the suspect, this time the vcitim ran to the closest building, the Black Student Union and fortunately students were awake there and assisted the victim. Suspect fled at a high rate of speed and was later arrested. There is rumor that the suspect may have been on other college campus' that evening??

Indi- you have detailed info so I'm guessing you have an inside source. I note that as you posted he asked directions to the president's house. I don't know if it is relative or not, but the president of Swarthmore resigned 10 days after this incident?

video:
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pa...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

different article- neither of these posts have been updated since the arrest.

http://daily.swarthmore.edu/2008/05/02/man-charged-after-attempted-kidnapping/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back