Possible Victims: Pennsylvania

Interesting..I do wonder why the president at Swathemore resigned? Anyone local have that info?

I had a thought about this that changes my view of who the kidnappers might be.

What if the assailants are white college kids? The police didn't see Booth leave the bar, but what if he was surrounded by a group of other guys and they put a hat on him or something and kind of kept him hidden from the camera?

This could work, and would suggest that it isn't "outsiders", but rather that the whole thing is some kind of sick initiation ritual or something. It wouldn't be the same killers in every case - instead it would be a "secret society" or something.

As in a possible "undergrown fraternity group" ... that may be occuring all over the country .... I mentioned this as a source to research ... regarding Nick Garza and others.

Peace.

Hi I already posted this link on the Bars/Bands forum but I thought it might be relevant here too. My friend and I took pictures of the graffiti and area surrounding Bootleggers - The bar where Tommy Booth disappeared from. We took pictures of the back exits off the deck. It looked like they were locked up but the might not be when the bar is opened. I'll have to check that out next time I'm in there. This case really hit home for me because I live right near Bootleggers and go there pretty often. I can't imagine why he would have been back there. There isn't really anything besides the creek, I think the employee parking lot and a Widener sports field. It is just so suspicious. I hope the pictures help. And if you have any other questions feel free to ask I know alot of people that frequent Bootleggers.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33915135@N07/

Body Found in Creek
Staff Writer
March 28, 2009
A man walking along a stream in Wilkes-Barre spotted a body partially submerged in a stream.

It happened along Soloman Creek in the city around 3:30 Saturday afternoon. It's in a location behind Mesko Glass on Carey Avenue. Police confirm it is the body of a man. The coroner said the body was found in about a foot of water. Investigators haven't said much more about the discovery.

http://www.wnep.com/wnep-body-found-in-creek,0,7704352.story

False alarm. When I read the first article about a mans body being found in a creek with such a small amount of water it caught my attention. Then I saw the photo of a purse being located near by... got me wondering. Today the articles I found mentioned details that makes me think it's unrelated.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/crime/Police_Blotter_03-31-2009.html

its a old person 65 years of age.its not there type of victim cause they usually dont go after people that old.it doesnt rule out murder.
some of these murders are kinda like copycat killings because many people know that killing people in bodies of water is a good way to get away with murder.i dont believe all the smiley face murders were committed by the same person.i know there are small groups of criminals who have gotten comfortable with committing murder using the method because it has worked so well over the span of time.timing is key to the method working proper.
timing is evrything when you think about it.i believe they will stop using the smiley face symbol for the time being ,some of them are rogue killers and might use it, but i dont think we will see it until the winter time by a dead body.i know its people in the bar/club scene they are the only ones who blend into that scene,someone who does not go to those places often would be noticed,its only people who go out to those places that fit in and blend in.
the newbies almost always stand out.i stranger who dont know nobody would be noticed.if i lived across the street from one of those places i would place my own surveilence cameras to monitor from 10pm-5am every night,hell i could run them 24/7 and just wait,its all id have to do,i might not get the peice a video i need to i.d. the killer but id have another peice of the puzzle.

good luck to those who are trying to crack this case.its gonna take people working together to solve this case not just police and detectives.

I've always kind of thought there was foul play involved with what happened to Jimmy, but I guess one can never be too sure.

I submitted his case to one of the detectives who are involved with the Smiley Face cases, but I don't know if it was considered because I never heard anything back.

Still it makes you wonder if it was accidental or if Jimmy was with others. Either way, he is dearly missed.

Why did this thread die in 2008, well technically 2012 when there has been more College aged males reported missing from the Pittsburgh area, later to be found in rivers and could have possible links to SFK as late as 2017? Since I have moved from Las Vegas to the Pittsburgh area and heard about this I immediately thought they were linked in some way to SFK but people in the area had no idea what I was talking about. Of course I knew because I have been intrigued by serial killers and cold case murders since I was about 11 years old You can imagine my excitement when I heard about this forum from Michelle McNamara's story.

Why did this thread die in 2008, well technically 2012 when there has been more College aged males reported missing from the Pittsburgh area, later to be found in rivers and could have possible links to SFK as late as 2017? Since I have moved from Las Vegas to the Pittsburgh area and heard about this I immediately thought they were linked in some way to SFK but people in the area had no idea what I was talking about. Of course I knew because I have been intrigued by serial killers and cold case murders since I was about 11 years old You can imagine my excitement when I heard about this forum from Michelle McNamara's story.

It makes me sad. I'm from Pittsburgh and have been researching these cases since Paul Kochu. This is still going on - and now Thomas Hughes is highly likely a sfk vic as well. There are waaaay too many young men that died this way across the country for this to all be a coincidence. I have 302 possible victims in my database, just in the United States. 2 or 3 is a coincidence but 302?, not so much. I'm sure I have some in there that are accidents or suicides but definitely not all of them. A lot of them I don't have much info on because the news articles on the internet are gone now. I would love to start a blog/website to keep these cases at the forefront. Almost every other website on sfk cases are not updated no longer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back