Possible Victims

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/thomas_jaisle.html

17 year old
5'5" -5'6" 115-120lbs
Missing April 12, 1998
Richmond, VA
Vehicle discovered on the Willey Bridge
Keys Missing
All other personal Belongings, wallet, driver's lic, cash, uniform and tennis shoes, paycheck, camera and Bible still in the car,

Something about her case really sounds similar to the Colonial Parkway cases and the 29 Stalker cases.

It's as if her case has been forgotten. :(

Wow, there is just nothing on her. It is so said. For what it is worth, here is the link to her WS page
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82883

She is in Namus - a little more detail about what she was wearing and birthmarks. No DNA, fingerprints or dentals which would make it hard to identify a body.

Unsolved Murder of Cassandra Morton, 23, Lynchburg, VA Nov. 10, 2009

A hiker discovered the body of a missing Lynchburg woman in a wooded area off a hiking trial on Candlers Mountain near Camp Hydaway Road in Campbell County.
Investigators believe Cassandra Morton’s body had been there for more than a month. Morton was initially reported missing from her Campbell Avenue home on Oct. 14
http://www.wsls.com/story/20847880/central-virginias-unsolved-homicides

Cassandra's WS thread:
Found Deceased VA - Cassandra Ann Morton, 23, Lynchburg, 10 Nov 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Letisha Faust, 50, Found Deceased, Woolwine, VA (missing since 9 Dec 2009)

A lot of the links in Letisha's WS thread are old & don't work but what I gather is that Letisha was last seen at a pharmacy in Floyd County on Dec. 9. She called her mother to tell her she was coming home with dinner. Her car was found December 31 at an abandoned & isolated house near a small pond in the Walnut Knob area of Franklin County. The pond was iced over but possibly searched with an underwater camera. Her friend reports that her wallet & cash were in the car (as is the case with Jaise Thomas, whose case was listed upthdead). Her shoe was later found under some snow between the car and pond. Her remains were eventually found in a ravine 150 meters or so from the pond.

The ME was unable to determine the cause of death "due to the condition of the remains." http://www.thefranklinnewspost.com/article.cfm?ID=16677

If RAT followed women in his suburban, signaled them to pull over (and they did), the way Letisha's car, shoe, & body were found seem to fit....

Letisha's WS thread: Found Deceased VA - Letisha Marie Faust, 50, Woolwine, 9 Dec 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Comment of interest by an AR on this site:
http://www.badgerwordsmith.com/spin...n-predators-on-the-parkway-e-magazine-expose/

I downloaded a free program for making timelines today. I was trying to see if there were gaps or seasons or something . . .

Timeline victims.jpg

On the RAT thread I put the victim dates inside his arrest dates. Again, nothing jumping out at me.

Look who also learned how to play with maps while WS was crashing

Victim Map.jpg

Look who also learned how to play with maps while WS was crashing

View attachment 36583
If you add in his address in Norfolk (per his arrest in Virginia Beach and incarceration from 1993-sept 1996) and add in the Colonial Parkway murders, there is a perfect triangle for RAT's territory. And this location, York County, where he has other violations in 2012:

CR11000105-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN NONVIOL FELON POSS GUN W/I 10Y 09/25/2012 Trial - Judge With Witness

CR11000135-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN DRIVE W/LIC REVOKED, 1 OFF 08/28/2012 Trial - Judge With Witness

CR11000136-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN DUI 08/28/2012 Nolle Prosequi

The center of that Triangle seems to be in the Palmyra area. That is in Fluvana County and RAT has a few traffic citations in Fluvana. Fluvana is right next to Orange County as well.

Where did you find the Richmond Suburban address? Can you post it please?

If you add in his address in Norfolk (per his arrest in Virginia Beach and incarceration from 1993-sept 1996) and add in the Colonial Parkway murders, there is a perfect triangle for RAT's territory.

The center of that Triangle seems to be in the Palmyra area. That is in Fluvana County and RAT has a few traffic citations in Fluvana. Fluvana is right next to Orange County as well.

Where did you find the Richmond Suburban address? Can you post it please?

Thanks for catching that! The Richmond address was in the wrong layer. That is the bridge where Jill Edmond's car was found.

I am working on adding a Colonial Parkway layer.

I have been trying to use street or geographic locations as much as possible. So the only RAT houses I have put int there are the ones where we have a street address. I could add city center for Norfolk but it would be GREAT if a sleuther could find something more accurate

I fixed the Jill Edmond, Richmond pin. I added a RAT Norfolk pin.

I am using some free Google map tool to make these and apparently it only lets me add three layers? I actually find this map tool hard to work with. Can anyone recommend something better?

Victim Map2.jpg

I know RAT hasn't lived in the Norfolk area in some time, but is it worth considering that he may be involved in some of the many disappearances of women in the Newport News-Henrico-Norfolk area in the past decade or so? There are a good number of women that have gone missing from that area in that time. Maybe RAT still frequents the area? Maybe he has friends or family there? Maybe he just trolls for victims there since he's familair with the area?

I searched missing women in VA on NAMUS since 1999 (randomly picked that year) and found 40 missing women. Five were from Newport News. Five were from Henrico. Four were from Norfolk. One was from nearby Hampton. That means 15 of the 40 women who have gone missing in VA since 1999 have disappeared from the Newport News-Henrico-Norfolk area.

Percentage wise - 37.5% of missing women in VA since 1999 have disappeared from the Newport News-Henrico-Norfolk area. That's a pretty big glaring number to me. Something seems to be going on there (not sure if it's related to RAT, but it might be worth thinking about).

I know RAT hasn't lived in the Norfolk area in some time, but is it worth considering that he may be involved in some of the many disappearances of women in the Newport News-Henrico-Norfolk area in the past decade or so? There are a good number of women that have gone missing from that area in that time. Maybe RAT still frequents the area? Maybe he has friends or family there? Maybe he just trolls for victims there since he's familair with the area?

I searched missing women in VA on NAMUS since 1999 (randomly picked that year) and found 40 missing women. Five were from Newport News. Five were from Henrico. Four were from Norfolk. One was from nearby Hampton. That means 15 of the 40 women who have gone missing in VA since 1999 have disappeared from the Newport News-Henrico-Norfolk area.

Percentage wise - 37.5% of missing women in VA since 1999 have disappeared from the Newport News-Henrico-Norfolk area. That's a pretty big glaring number to me. Something seems to be going on there (not sure if it's related to RAT, but it might be worth thinking about).

It's possible, but New Port News is bad news. When you start reading those stories it gets depressing real fast. I read one where someone found skeletal remains behind a dumpster behind and apartment. I mean how can you have a body decomposing and no one notices? The smell alone . . .

But you are right, there are a lot of people missing from there and even if it isn't related to RAT or Rt29, it would be great to bring some attention. IMO

I fixed the Jill Edmond, Richmond pin. I added a RAT Norfolk pin.

I am using some free Google map tool to make these and apparently it only lets me add three layers? I actually find this map tool hard to work with. Can anyone recommend something better?

View attachment 36589

Is Jill Edmonds the AA women whose car was left on an I-64 Bridge/overpass similar to Jaisle on the Wylie (sp) bridge in Richmond?

Is Jill Edmonds the AA women whose car was left on an I-64 Bridge/overpass similar to Jaisle on the Wylie (sp) bridge in Richmond?

Yes. Her body was found in the river almost 30 miles away

Then there are two other suspicious cases, in the Richmond area, one where a woman who left her office ended up dead in a creek under I-95. Kelly Catalano, 40
http://www.nbc12.com/story/12124783/update-body-found-in-swift-creek-confirmed-as-catalano

Then in this article:
http://progress-index.com/news/medical-examiner-rules-woman-s-death-suicide-by-drowning-1.800624
they mention the Sweetbriar Professor and another woman, Eleanor Elizabeth Salotto, 47, a Sweet Briar College professor who was last seen on Feb. 11 in Lynchburg and whose body was found in March in the James River south of the city.

Family and friends of both women question the rulings of suicide.

Having read about the above cases, and a lot of them involving gay women, or women believed to be gay, I suddenly thought about what websleuth Nolita posted in the first thread on AM's disappearance about what was on AM's social media account :

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218376&page=9

---Someone also said that they are going to wife her up and no one could stop him. She said "I'm gay" -- I wonder if she really is, because that wasn't the first time I read that she was on her FM (she said she would date a girl).

Could some guy have been in love with her and was mad that she was gay so decided to take things into his own hands?

EBM: She's def. not gay!

I haven't been on any of her social media pages, so I can't verify that this was on there & I'm sure she was just joking (saying that she's her own woman and nobody 'wife's her up'/getting some attention by saying she was going to date girls) but (warning: wild speculation) what if the perp was on her social media accounts, didn't see it as a joke, knew her from around town and decided that it was enough 'evidence' to do to her what has been done to the other girls? It might link this case to the other cases mentioned above.

The Kelly Catalano case gives me the chills; it seems as if LE did so little to solve the case, let alone to give her family and friends any kind of closure :( I know they have limited resources and need to make choices, but still. I read the things her sister said to the media and it breaks my heart. I'm going to phone my own sister and tell her i love her to bits, right now!

That cluster has hunky written all over it. I don't know if they relate to any other cases, they are more centered around the James river going out to Richmond. But really suspicious.

I didn't add the males, but I think there were some male drownings at the same time.

Her body was found in a tree, five feet above the water line...and they said no foul play. IDK how a person gets a body in a tree, but I don't get how someone dies in a tree.

http://articles.wdbj7.com/2010-03-22/body_24089322

Then in this article:
http://progress-index.com/news/medical-examiner-rules-woman-s-death-suicide-by-drowning-1.800624
they mention the Sweetbriar Professor and another woman, Eleanor Elizabeth Salotto, 47, a Sweet Briar College professor who was last seen on Feb. 11 in Lynchburg and whose body was found in March in the James River south of the city.

Family and friends of both women question the rulings of suicide.

there was an article I read where they were talking about Darrel Rice in relation to the james river cases, but nothing came from it... and I think there could be a possible connection with this instead... and as for Salotto, here locally no one believed it to be suicide... and sweetbriar is right in amherst county, along 29... this is only a few minutes up the road from lovingston (maybe 15 or 20)... also to consider adding to your list: Wendy Beadles Francis from Halifax but was living in Campbell county when she went missing.. meaning Lynchburg... http://www.wset.com/story/22913523/campbell-co-investigators-continue-to-search-for-missing-woman

Having read about the above cases, and a lot of them involving gay women, or women believed to be gay, I suddenly thought about what websleuth Nolita posted in the first thread on AM's disappearance about what was on AM's social media account :

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218376&page=9

I haven't been on any of her social media pages, so I can't verify that this was on there & I'm sure she was just joking (saying that she's her own woman and nobody 'wife's her up'/getting some attention by saying she was going to date girls) but (warning: wild speculation) what if the perp was on her social media accounts, didn't see it as a joke, knew her from around town and decided that it was enough 'evidence' to do to her what has been done to the other girls? It might link this case to the other cases mentioned above.

The Kelly Catalano case gives me the chills; it seems as if LE did so little to solve the case, let alone to give her family and friends any kind of closure :( I know they have limited resources and need to make choices, but still. I read the things her sister said to the media and it breaks my heart. I'm going to phone my own sister and tell her i love her to bits, right now!

That is what is so weird to me when you look at all these unsolved missings in VA. there are threads that connect them.

Gay/Lesbian Transgender
  • Dashad "Sage" Smith
  • Julie Williams and Lollie Winans
  • Cathleen Thomas and Rebecca Ann Dowski
  • Kelly Catalano

Couples
  • David Knobling and Robin Edwards
  • Cassandra Lee Hailey and Richard Keith Call
  • Anna Marie Phelps and Daniel Lauer

Suicide by Drowning
  • Brenda Eades
  • Kelly Catalano
  • Jill Edmonds
  • Eleanor Elizabeth Salotto
  • Shirley L. Clark (accidental drowning)
  • Jean Braxton Rose

Bridges
  • Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas
  • Jill Edmonds
  • Robert Kovack

That is what is so weird to me when you look at all these unsolved missings in VA. there are threads that connect them.

Gay/Lesbian Transgender
  • Dashad "Sage" Smith
  • Kelly Catalano

Couples
  • David Knobling and Robin Edwards
  • Cassandra Lee Hailey and Richard Keith Call
  • Anna Marie Phelps and Daniel Lauer

Suicide by Drowning
  • Brenda Eades
  • Kelly Catalano
  • Jill Edmonds
  • Eleanor Elizabeth Salotto
  • Shirley L. Clark (accidental drowning)
  • Jean Braxton Rose

Bridges
  • Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas
  • Jill Edmonds
  • Robert Kovack

This is another couple murdered in a campground.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32592591/...students-found-slain-campground/#.UhWJ-X_hcnI

" updated 8/28/2009 5:56:31 PM ET

BLACKSBURG, Va. — Authorities stepped up patrols Friday near an area of Jefferson National Forest where a Virginia Tech couple described by their minister as “godly young people” were found slain.

A man walking his dog early Thursday found the bodies of David Lee Metzler, 19, of Lynchburg and Heidi Lynn Childs, 18, of Forest in the parking lot of a day use area and campground that is a popular hangout for Virginia Tech students."

Thanks. Adding them to my horrifyingly long list.

I don't know if there is any connection to any of these stories or not. I think humans are just conditioned to see patterns and links and to want to group things. If you read into the stories of these people's lives and their last days they don't seem to have much in common. But maybe to a serial killer all they need is that one thing and an opportunity.

Prayers for all their families. I can't imagine having someone missing, or murdered, and to compound it with not knowing who did it, or why! Gosh....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back