Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank-You for this thread.
I feel the same way.

I will add that i'm sick of hearing people like Dr. Drew and others to "calm down".
No! We shouldn't calm down.
This is how change comes about.

A great injustice has been done and many people have much to answer for.

I keep seeing the smug smiles from Cindy and the defense team, the victory dance
from Dorothy Sims and the vulgar jesture Cheney Mason gave to everyone and
I feel sick all over again.
And those jurors did what was easiest for them.
Not what was right.

I agree with the person above who said that the system has to change.

How can the defense team be allowed to LIE and trick and deceive but the
witnesses are expected to tell the whole truth so help them God?

How is it right that for months before the trial started that there were hearings
to negotiate what would be heard during the trial?
You don't go to a Dr. and say, "I have pain. Now you figure out where it is."
You give ALL the information so that a proper diagnosis is reached.
How is this any different?!

I can't watch any of the talking heads anymore.
They will NEVER convince me that this is okay.

Our "justice" system is horribly, horribly broken.

From PostSecret today:

pay.jpg

http://www.postsecret.com/

Then we go on to clown #1 and #2. Baez and Chaney. Could they be any more corrupted, scummy, people? It makes me so sick. They walk around like they won a championship, and gloating, like there was never a dead little girl. What pathetic people. They should be ashamed of themselves, and I don't know how they sleep at night, I really don't.

respectfully snipped

I'll tell you how they sleep at night. Because in their warped minds, all the lies, damned lies, innuendo, unsubstantiated accusations, willful disregard for the rules of criminal procedure, hypocrisy, and IMO, subornation of perjury, it's all justified because the SA was seeking the death penalty.

Remember how in Baez's "acceptance speech", he claimed the lesson we should take from this trial is that "the death penalty doesn't work"? How many times during the pretrial hearings did we hear him mention that the state wanted to kill his client? Therefore, he and his sidekick CM felt they were perfectly justified in keeping Casey off death row by any means necessary.

It's the moral relativist, any means to an end approach to the practice of law, and frankly my dear, it $u(k$. :mad:

Did you guys see Jeanine pirro last night? she asked JA what people should do and he said the 2nd best thing we can do to her is "ignore her". I thought that was great. Sh should not feel important in our lives. I also thought man how great would that be if she was erased from ws and could read these millions of pages about herself. I think she will enjoy coming here and reading about our pain. I know it won't happen but maybe we need to remove everything to help us move on and not read how painful thus is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_q4NLLI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_q4NLLI&feature=related[/ame]

Did you guys see Jeanine pirro last night? she asked JA what people should do and he said the 2nd best thing we can do to her is "ignore her". I thought that was great. Sh should not feel important in our lives. I also thought man how great would that be if she was erased from ws and could read these millions of pages about herself. I think she will enjoy coming here and reading about our pain. I know it won't happen but maybe we need to remove everything to help us move on and not read how painful thus is.

While I agree with and respect your sentiments, I don't agree that everything re: Casey Anthony and her ensuing trial should just be erased and swept under the rug. Just forget about it and pretend it didn't happen. That, IMO, is what's wrong with society today.

After 911, it was decided early on that it wasn't good for us to see the videos of the buildings tumbling down - that it was too traumatic for the victims and the public at large. I don't want things to be censored or sanitized for my own protection (or the protection of others).

No... we need to see it and know it in all it's ugliness and be able to express our outrage. Not shrug our shoulders and pretend it didn't happen. How else is change supposed to occur?

JMO

I don't think this girl deseves any positive attention at all, but I think she should be shunned. I would not reward her with peace.
It gave me chills when you said we should just erase everything & move on.
That's exactly what her whole family had done all her life, especially her mother. She would love that.

I stayed off the board for 48 hours after the verdict. I felt emotionally and spiritually shattered into a million pieces.

It's hard to explain such devastation - the first day I couldn't even speak at all - it was impossible to even comprehend the jury could come to such a verdict.

Then as much as I could handle, I listened to the talking heads saying the jury system brought a just verdict and justice system still works. I listened to two jurors give completely absurd reasons for their decisions. We didn't want to be responsible for giving her the death penalty was the most absurd at all. That has nothing to do with what their decision was. Death is for the penalty phase and it is the law that decides death, not them. Clearly they paid no attention to the evidence or their jury instructions. Absurd negligence..with no excuses that will ever even begin to justify their decisions.

Tonight I watched the NG 2 hour special on Caylee. It was hard to watch and listen to, but at least the TH on this program agreed, justice was not served on that day.

Maybe tomorrow morning for the first time I won't wake up in the middle of a dream about this case. I understand why I dream about it. My mind is trying to bring logic and peace to my brain and heart. I guess one day I will be resigned to both the blind superficiality of this jury and the loss of justice for Caylee.

I have to tell you, as spiritual as I am - karma can be damned! I don't care what happens to ICA. What I care about is that there will never be justice for a two and a half little girl, who was killed, murdered, wrapped in duct tape and thrown in the swamp to rot like a piece of garbage. It will always haunt me.

After three years standing for justice, we arrive at the day when justice becomes a file marked homicide - unsolved - closed. So talking heads, Just put a cork in it and please move on. You can ever say anything to make this right. Don't talk to me about justice. Not this time. Not for Caylee.

When there is no justice, there is no peace.

Remember that, Anthony Family.

:grouphug:

I've always believed in our justice system. This was one of the reasons that I am so proud to be an American.

Not anymore. I'm just sick over this. This was the most unjust verdict that I've ever heard.

I've always wanted to serve in a trial and I happen to have just been assigned jury duty on 8/8/11. I am going to send my notification back and will write in that I do not wish to serve on it because I do not believe in the system. Of course, I will show up when I am supposed to but I will maintain my belief that I do not have faith in the system. I am pretty sure they'll excuse me.

I really am sick about this. :sick:

I also have jury duty coming up in just over two weeks. I didn't claim my usual medical issues because I want to go in and sum up other jurors. I want to see first hand how jurors are chosen in my area.

The jurors from Pinellas County didn't even follow Judge's orders, even though they swore to do so. I still can't get over that. No way do I believe they did their job. My opinion is based on their statements, not on the verdict.

I can't believe I'm watching this! Geraldo is on...........he began with an interview with JB and CM, taped earlier after the verdict. As can be expected, Geraldo is praising the efforts of JB and CM and their brilliant lawyering.

CM stated that he believed from the beginning that KC was innocent of murdering her child. JB said he's known from the beginning that she was innocent. Then they both criticized the state's case.

Geraldo just got into a shouting match with Kimberly Guilfoyle, with Kimberly stating that she believe's the state had a strong case.

Geraldo has an exclusive. The defense team is taking somewhere and she will be getting mental health help and recover from her ordeal.

Geraldo is defending KC. :banghead:

I stopped watching anything with Geraldo a long time ago, just can't stomach him. I believe the final straw was when he was sensationalizing a coal mining tragedy, live broadcasting unconfirmed (and subsequently untrue) reports that all of the miners were found alive. Made me sick.

I think Geraldo should offer to help KC out by hiring her as his nanny. Heck, with his penchant for younger women, he might even hit it off with her and make her the next Mrs. Rivera. JMOOC.

I watched about ten minutes and had to turn it off. I cannot stand Geraldo. I think I'm going to email him tonight. Kimberly is the only descent thing on his program. I like her. I will never watch his program again. NEVER.

I don't think I even lasted that long. I got up to the part where Jose said 'It came out in the trial that it was just an accident that snowballed out of control'.

REALLY?!? wth? When did that happen?? Oh right, I must have missed that.:rolleyes:

Today I seem to be stuck on anger at the verdict. On a related note, I wish there was a thread in which we could list all of the ironic happenings within this case. That would be very therapeutic for me, would help me to deal. Anyway, something I’ve been thinking about, is the notion that CMA needs to be “taken care of“. As if she is a child, instead of the competent adult that she is. Like she was just along for the ride during the trial and had nothing to do with the strategies the defense used, so hurtful to others. It seems like she gets a pass, has no accountability. Also, I wonder if the child-like impression influenced the jury…contributed to the acquittals. Again, not held responsible for the death of her child. It seems she is always being coddled. Most criminals have to fend for themselves upon jail release. Not CMA.

I've always believed in our justice system. This was one of the reasons that I am so proud to be an American.

Not anymore. I'm just sick over this. This was the most unjust verdict that I've ever heard.

I've always wanted to serve in a trial and I happen to have just been assigned jury duty on 8/8/11. I am going to send my notification back and will write in that I do not wish to serve on it because I do not believe in the system. Of course, I will show up when I am supposed to but I will maintain my belief that I do not have faith in the system. I am pretty sure they'll excuse me.

I really am sick about this. :sick:

OK, ok, for those of us that followed this from the beginning, watched countless interviews of the major players, know them far better than what was known by the jury... we (I) firmly believe she was/is guilty. However, this also can be thought of as a victory for our justice system, in that, this defendant was given a fair trial, no matter how the court of public opinion ran, no matter how much she is hated, (and it is a lot) no matter how many of us think she is guilty, 12 of her/our peers looked at the evidence, and acting in best faith, came back saying, not that she didn't do it, but in their eyes it has not been proven.

This speaks volumes about the fairness of our system. Not that our system is broken, but rather that it shines, and even someone like ICA can receive a fair trial.

Sure this is not the verdict that I'm sure she deserved, but in spite of all the hate, in spite of all the TV coverage, in spite of the terrible lawyer she had, she still got a fair trial.

Our system of justice rocks! Think about this... "In criminal law, Blackstone's formulation is the principle: "better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer", expressed by the English jurist William Blackstone in his Commentaries on the Laws of England, published in the 1760s."

One need only look as far as the Bible to see how this works...

Genesis 18:23-32 as:“Abraham drew near, and said, "Will you consume the righteous with the wicked? What if there are fifty righteous within the city? Will you consume and not spare the place for the fifty righteous who are in it? ... What if ten are found there?" He [The Lord] said, "I will not destroy it for the ten's sake."

Or...

Jeremiah 5:1 "Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city."

The wise would see many guilty go free, rather than see one innocent condemned. Like the verdict or not, our system still works, and this is the proof.

I saw the program last night. I heard JA also. He thought that ignoring Casey would be the 2nd best punishment that anyone could give her because she craves attention. She loves being in the spotlight and craves any kind of attention.

I just wish that JVM would quit calling her a celebrity and giving her all kinds of compliments....like being pretty and sexy. I get so sick of hearing JVM speak of Casey....it seems like she is promoting her (to me).

Waking up each morning and realizing what has happened has happened to me too. Still sick to my stomach. But maybe this is was meant to be.

Prison would have ensured FREE comfy, protective safety and security, housing, toiletries, makeup and hair care, patholigical liar rehab, education, medical and dental, mail (from admirers and all those lovelorn), TV, religious services, exercise, friends and lovers, Bible study, AA meetings, money from parents in her account, service and even restitution.

I too have been waking up in the morning and for a split second thinking I just had a bad dream. It feels like grief. Like someone you loved has died, and you keep forgetting, then remembering. It just seems so crazy that it is effecting me this way.

You know I thought the same thing that in many ways freedom might turn out to be a lot worse for her than a life in prison. I can't remember who said it, someone on HLN before the verdict, but they basically said KC would do just fine in prison. She would adjust and eventually thrive.She'd have all her needs met. She'd end up running the place.

I too have been waking up in the morning and for a split second thinking I just had a bad dream. It feels like grief. Like someone you loved has died, and you keep forgetting, then remembering. It just seems so crazy that it is effecting me this way.

You know I thought the same thing that in many ways freedom might turn out to be a lot worse for her than a life in prison. I can't remember who said it, someone on HLN before the verdict, but they basically said KC would do just fine in prison. She would adjust and eventually thrive.She'd have all her needs met. She'd end up running the place.

Thank you for reminding me that I am not alone in these shared thoughts. Even when everyone around me has "moved on" and is making me feel like a freak for continuing to be so rocked by this, I'm glad to feel less alone. I'm still trying to cope with the verdict's senselessness.

It's only been five days. A child lost her entire lifetime.

Thank you for the support of this community.

No, you are not the only one. I was in shock for days., so bad that I lost 2 days. I have no idea where they went. I couldn't eat, sleep & it weighs on my mind & heart 24 - 7. It's all I think about.
I too keep thinking & wishing I would just wake up so I could tell someone about this wild dream I had where she got off scott free.
I will not watch anything to do with the defence or the jurors unless it is a little snippet from NG, HLN or Dr Drew. Even then, I change the channel until they are done talking about what a victim this monster is.

I am trying to avoid everything about it, too. Just to hard to watch and it just makes me even more upset!!!

I stayed off the board for 48 hours after the verdict. I felt emotionally and spiritually shattered into a million pieces.

It's hard to explain such devastation - the first day I couldn't even speak at all - it was impossible to even comprehend the jury could come to such a verdict.

Then as much as I could handle, I listened to the talking heads saying the jury system brought a just verdict and justice system still works. I listened to two jurors give completely absurd reasons for their decisions. We didn't want to be responsible for giving her the death penalty was the most absurd at all. That has nothing to do with what their decision was. Death is for the penalty phase and it is the law that decides death, not them. Clearly they paid no attention to the evidence or their jury instructions. Absurd negligence..with no excuses that will ever even begin to justify their decisions.

Tonight I watched the NG 2 hour special on Caylee. It was hard to watch and listen to, but at least the TH on this program agreed, justice was not served on that day.

Maybe tomorrow morning for the first time I won't wake up in the middle of a dream about this case. I understand why I dream about it. My mind is trying to bring logic and peace to my brain and heart. I guess one day I will be resigned to both the blind superficiality of this jury and the loss of justice for Caylee.

I have to tell you, as spiritual as I am - karma can be damned! I don't care what happens to ICA. What I care about is that there will never be justice for a two and a half little girl, who was killed, murdered, wrapped in duct tape and thrown in the swamp to rot like a piece of garbage. It will always haunt me.

After three years standing for justice, we arrive at the day when justice becomes a file marked homicide - unsolved - closed. So talking heads, Just put a cork in it and please move on. You can ever say anything to make this right. Don't talk to me about justice. Not this time. Not for Caylee.

When there is no justice, there is no peace.

Remember that, Anthony Family.

I am so happy we have this thread to turn to. Knowing I am not alone makes me feel better. That I am not alone in this "bad dream".........

I am trying to avoid everything about it, too. Just to hard to watch and it just makes me even more upset!!!

Me three. I haven't watched any of the news programs except the Dateline NBC program. I know I will only get more upset if I listen to the th's , their guest and their drivel.

Bon, it gets a little easier each day. Today was the first day since verdict day that I felt more like myself. Wishing you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173